View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    I'm going to go out on a limb-

I don't think Luvitlo is a bad guy.

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lets all forget that he refuses to use punctuation, and that he makes remarks that most of us would retract in a matter of seconds.

Maybe were misunderstanding him.

Regardless- I don't think Luvie means to offend, or does things with negative intentions, or even on purpose.

"Forgive them Father, For they Know Not What They Do!"

LoL
    11-24-08 02:39 PM
    I do it all the time, in fact about 10% of the time I'm driving I'm texting. I have he entire keyboard memorized so i don't even look down at all. I look at my phone to read it and then press reply and then thats it. I'm always looking at the road driving perfectly fine while executing a perfect text message haha.
    11-24-08 02:42 PM
    One word. Vlingo.
    the more I use it the more accurate it becomes.. actually has very good voice recognition.
    make calls
    text
    and a bunch of other stuff
    11-24-08 02:49 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb-

I don't think Luvitlo is a bad guy.

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lets all forget that he refuses to use punctuation, and that he makes remarks that most of us would retract in a matter of seconds.

Maybe were misunderstanding him.

Regardless- I don't think Luvie means to offend, or does things with negative intentions, or even on purpose.

"Forgive them Father, For they Know Not What They Do!"

LoL
    Thanks I am not trying to start no fight don't mean to sound stupid just posting on topic. I do it and so does everyone else around here(text while driving). As for you smart people why not use that intelect you claim. Cuss words really show more ignorance than anything I ever do. I just being real what is your excuses

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luvitlo; 11-24-08 at 02:53 PM.
    11-24-08 02:49 PM
    i try not to text while driving, although some red lights are really long and i need something to do. Talking on the phone on the other hand, im guilty of it, but i use bluetooth. NYS is hands free.
    11-24-08 02:57 PM
    btw. luvitlo sounds like a redneck to me. Just throwin that out there.
    Texting while driving is irresponsible, no matter how good you think you are at it. Drunk drivers say the same thing.
    11-24-08 03:04 PM
    Acctually I worse hill billy born in the ozarks but learned a lot of redneck ways when I moved to Miss. I do think you need to reevaluate your driving texting being compaired to drink driving.
    I can't talk just so yall know text is my prime communication

Last edited by luvitlo; 11-24-08 at 03:23 PM.
    11-24-08 03:19 PM
    I used to text while driving, but I stopped because I had the habit of driving with my knee and most times I'd end up over one of the white lines.
    11-24-08 03:47 PM
    I have done it a few times but I have to use both hands.
    11-24-08 04:44 PM
    Thanks I am not trying to start no fight don't mean to sound stupid just posting on topic. I do it and so does everyone else around here(text while driving). As for you smart people why not use that intelect you claim. Cuss words really show more ignorance than anything I ever do. I just being real what is your excuses
    Before you start critiquing anyones intellect you might want to pay attention to your own.

Now back on topic. What ever excuses you attempt to make are
    irrelevant and show a shocking disregard for the people you share the road with.

The fact that you know people who help you practice this stupidity does not
    make it less stupid. The fact that you and your insurance agent can share
    "quality time" on the road only means that at that moment there were two
    verifiable morons on the road.

This may be very harsh, but the one day when your "skills" betray you I
    sincerely hope you are the one that gets the worst of it, not the person
    that was driving responsibly and intelligently.
    11-24-08 05:08 PM
    Never. It's so dangerous and it can wait. If it can't, I call the person.

11-24-08 05:29 PM
    I turn my phone off when I drive; otherwise im much too tempted to call and text and do dangerous things.
    11-24-08 05:42 PM
    Before you start critiquing anyones intellect you might want to pay attention to your own.

Now back on topic. What ever excuses you attempt to make are
    irrelevant and show a shocking disregard for the people you share the road with.

The fact that you know people who help you practice this stupidity does not
    make it less stupid. The fact that you and your insurance agent can share
    "quality time" on the road only means that at that moment there were two
    verifiable morons on the road.

This may be very harsh, but the one day when your "skills" betray you I
    sincerely hope you are the one that gets the worst of it, not the person
    that was driving responsibly and intelligently.

SUPERB responce!

11-24-08 06:41 PM
    Graceless just cuerious did you install a back up cam and alarm on your car as well, do you use your mirrors or are they better off in the trash. I have a commercial license do you think I would do illegal stuff oh wait I have a show truck bagged, shaved mirrors, dark tint, your type think we mini truckers are trash scum right. Met you type once and after he keyed my truck he had a whole new understanding of trash. The 9 G's that he had to fork over while the cop witnessed and added it to the police report helped gotta love video on cell phones.but he brought up the "same stuff" that is illegal, modified this took off that. The cop looked and said he sees nothing wrong with my truck. It has valid tags inspection sticker and looks good but he got an extra ticket for parking in a handicap with no permit and expired inspection sticker. Claimed he was a college grad and kwew the law. So why did e brake so many. Point is yes I speed and text we all do stupid things. Cuss words is one of the dumbest things on earth when there are 10 other words you can use that express the view and don't get stared out.

11-24-08 07:34 PM
    Graceless just cuerious did you install a back up cam and alarm on your car as well, do you use your mirrors or are they better off in the trash. I have a commercial license do you think I would do illegal stuff oh wait I have a show truck bagged, shaved mirrors, dark tint, your type think we mini truckers are trash scum right. Met you type once and after he keyed my truck he had a whole new understanding of trash. The 9 G's that he had to fork over while the cop witnessed and added it to the police report helped gotta love video on cell phones.but he brought up the "same stuff" that is illegal, modified this took off that. The cop looked and said he sees nothing wrong with my truck. It has valid tags inspection sticker and looks good but he got an extra ticket for parking in a handicap with no permit and expired inspection sticker. Claimed he was a college grad and kwew the law. So why did e brake so many. Point is yes I speed and text we all do stupid things. Cuss words is one of the dumbest things on earth when there are 10 other words you can use that express the view and don't get stared out.

What does this incoherent paragraph of mindless rambling have to do with anything, besides the last portion where you admit to being an ignorant and inconsiderate driver? This I'd like to know.

11-24-08 07:39 PM
    What does this incoherent paragraph of mindless rambling have to do with anything, besides the last portion where you admit to being an ignorant and inconsiderate driver? This I'd like to know.

I was just gonna ask the same thing .. !!
    11-24-08 07:43 PM
    I was just gonna ask the same thing .. !!
    It seems to be a pattern with this guy.....

11-24-08 07:49 PM
    Since you don't actually know me let me straighten you out on a few things.

1) You have a commercial license. Great! I have a license with a Q restriction
    In CT that makes me a fire apparatus driver and I get tired of cleaning up the
    messes on the road you and your ilk leave behind.

2) As a matter of fact I do use my mirrors constantly, have an alarm and a
    backup cam. What was your point with this.

3) I could not care less about your tricked out "ghetto" mobile. Bragging
    about only counts if the people you are bragging to gave a damn. I don't.

4) You do not know my type or what I think of anyone so save your imagined
    outrage for someone else.

5) Finally I do not believe I actually swore at you, and you can't show me where I did.

But my point remains the same. If you are so irresponsible to truly think
    what you are doing is safe, fine. The graveyards are full of people who
    thought the same.

And for the love of all that is holy, learn how to spell. You are not acquitting
    your supposed intellect well here.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-24-08 at 08:19 PM.
    11-24-08 08:04 PM

can some one translate this for me ? !!!!!
    11-24-08 08:13 PM
    Must be all the drugs I in hospital, bord, and they shootin all kind of stuff in me. And my ride is far from getto in fact a getto brutha can't handle my ride
    21,450 in paint and body mods
    8,000 for frame mods and bags to make it lay body.
    I only run 18 rims
    "getto" starts at 24.
    Before you start no Mexicans didn't build the first Low riders it war white teenage middle class white boys lookin to stand out in the crowd. As for incoharent babbling I just speak my mind let's see doctors tell you that you will never ever work again if you love your job as much as I did it truly does effect the phycological to go from being out doors all day and most of night to bring stuck in house most of the time. Just lettin you know little about me.

11-25-08 08:05 AM
    All I read is lip svc ..... You have a history of NONSENSE(axxhole) replies all over this board and MATURE/RESPONSIBLE people are tired of your so called outlook on life and trying to stand out! YOU stand out alright but NOT in a good light.

*** since when is axxhole a cuss word??? go back to school, better yet - find a school that actually teaches self respect, proper english. I think your city councilman should be ashamed of how schools w/graduate axxholes w/out actually hearing them speak in public, learning to VALUE human life!
    I'm done replying to this thread
    11-25-08 08:18 AM
    Didn't mexicans invent lowriders??
    11-25-08 08:19 AM
    bluetooth integrated in car or headset & vlingo. i try to read only at redlights.
    vlino is getting so much better at recognizing my voice even with a cold.
    11-25-08 08:44 AM
    Vilno won't work for me I can't talk.
    Second if you have to sub letters to keep the board from ** it out
    Third if I was doing so bad and making people mad why have moderators not . PM or email me threatening to kick me off.
    Must not being too bad huh.

11-25-08 04:09 PM
    Must be all the drugs I in hospital, bord, and they shootin all kind of stuff in me. And my ride is far from getto in fact a getto brutha can't handle my ride
    21,450 in paint and body mods
    8,000 for frame mods and bags to make it lay body.
    I only run 18 rims
    "getto" starts at 24.
    Before you start no Mexicans didn't build the first Low riders it war white teenage middle class white boys lookin to stand out in the crowd. As for incoharent babbling I just speak my mind let's see doctors tell you that you will never ever work again if you love your job as much as I did it truly does effect the phycological to go from being out doors all day and most of night to bring stuck in house most of the time. Just lettin you know little about me.

Why don't you learn to spell ghetto before you start spouting off at the mouth about "bruthas" who can't afford as much as you. And frankly, no one here is interested in knowing a little about you.

11-25-08 04:19 PM
576 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD