On my wife's Blackberry Torch we are having a frustrating issue. We are having severe difficulties sending texts when WIFI is swtiched on. Now I know you can send texts over WIFI. That is fine and dandy. However we like to keep the WIFI switched on for the much faster internet browsing it gives us. This works great. The issue being trying to send a text, we are having severe difficulties. It's as if the phone is trying to use the WIFI to text and as a consequence failing. Why won't it just send over the cellular network? Switching wifi networks over seems to get the texts sent sometimes, most of the time we have to disable wifi on the phone to get the text out. It's a real frustration. Everything else works fantastic, web browsing, calls, internet - it's just these texts! Maybe there is a setting on the phone I don't know about. The carrier we use is O2 by the way.

Thanks in advance
    Wayne
    08-22-11 05:20 AM
    Now I know you can send texts over WIFI. That is fine and dandy.
    no you cant. texts are sent through the cellular network only. the problem is either network related or a problem with your text message settings. seeing how some texts work, my guess is that its a network problem.

wifi on or off, should not effect text messages.
    08-22-11 08:09 AM
    Yes, sorry I meant to write 'now I know you can't send texts over wifi'. I think it's the buggy phone. I actually have an iPhone myself and having wifi on does not cause any problems with my ability to text. Every other device in the house (of which there are many, has no problem with wifi). We just want the Blackberry to use the cellular network when trying to text & not get confused by the Wifi being on. What phone settings could we possibly look at changing?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    08-22-11 08:37 AM
    I say battery pull it a couple of times or upgrade the OS. Sometimes a clean wipe, wipes some bugs away. Good luck
    08-22-11 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD