Hi All,

I have a question about calling and texting that may get somewhat technical. I recently attended a large sporting event with 100K+ people in a stadium and noticed that Blackberry users had no problem or relatively little problem texting and making/receiving calls, but that no one else could. Of course I was not conducting scientific sampling, but I did notice that:

-No BB user was having trouble (at least 6 or 7), although most I saw were Verizon
    -AT&T/Apple iPhone was useless across the board
    -Several people with Verizon non-BB phones were not able to txt/call

Anyone know why this might be? As a follow on to that question: I generally use an AT&T iPhone for personal needs but have a BB Pearl flip that I stick prepaid SIMs in, usually purchased locally as I travel abroad. For future games would it be better to bring my Flip and if so, what US pre-paid SIM is most likely to work in the overwhelmed networks scenario (assuming that carrier has anything to do with the problem)?

Thanks!
    09-12-10 10:47 AM
    That is rather strange. Perhaps the towers have separate provisioning for BB devices than other devices but that would seem odd. I too would like to know the real answer to this...
    09-12-10 11:17 AM
    My best guess is that it is not related to capacity of the towers, but rather to lousy signals inside the stadium. Some phones react better than others to low signal.
    09-12-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD