I was excited about getting a pearl, and I text a LOT! I was really excited about the threaded texting...until I saw it. It's awful! The threading is so sloppy! I LOVE the Treo text interface, but the Pearl is so much prettier. Someone talk me into loving the Pearl...
    07-13-08 01:48 PM
    No one can talk you into loving anything. Decide what is
    important to you in a smartphone and go from there.

If threaded text is your thing, go with the Treo
    07-13-08 01:53 PM
    I'm gonna tell you straight up right here, right now. If you don't get a Pearl your life will be miserable... hands down. And what is wrong with the threaded texting?! I for one happen to love it! And if you're thinking about staying with a treo??? Bad decision... nothing beats RIM
    I agree, my girl has a centro and I love the way her txting works. But what bb lacks in threaded sms it makes up for with...pretty much everything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i am nottt big on technology and when i looked at the pearl i was thinking i will never get used to this. but i got used to it in a day or 2 and it is great. i feel like it's easier to text on it and it's very easy to navigate through. especially cause they have a setup wizard on it which tells you a ton about it and teaches you how to text, set up your email.. set up passwords.. all that good stuff
    07-13-08 01:54 PM
    If text is the main issue for you then it sounds like the Treo is the way to go. It took me awhile to go from the 8830 to the 8130 keyboard. But don't keep a phone if your not happy with it.

07-13-08 01:55 PM
    I went from a voyager and I never thought I could like texting on my Pearl. I text between 4 & 8k a month, sometimes even more. The Pearl is great for texting I have finally figured out.
    07-13-08 01:55 PM
    I gotta have the qwerty keyboard. threading is a non issue for me.
    07-13-08 01:59 PM
    If you want threaded txt then have all your friends get blackberries and use blackberry messanger then ditch your txt plan. I had a treo and wouldn't want to see another poor soul doomed to endless jabbing of the reset button. The existance of an aftermarket battery cover with a hole in it for easy access to the reset button should tell you enough.

07-13-08 02:00 PM
    Alright, I think I'm gonna pick up my pearl and at least try it out. Thanks guys!
    07-13-08 02:02 PM
    wouldn't want to see another poor soul doomed to endless jabbing of the reset button. The existance of an aftermarket battery cover with a hole in it for easy access to the reset button should tell you enough.
    Ummm!! have you seen how much "battery pull" gets posted around here

Both are good devices. The OP just needs to figure out what he/she needs most.
    07-13-08 02:03 PM
    No one can talk you into loving anything. Decide what is
    important to you in a smartphone and go from there.

If threaded text is your thing, go with the Treo
    Gotta agree with AG here, get what is Important to you.
    07-13-08 02:05 PM
    I've had a treo and 4 blackberries. I've pulled the battery on all 4 of my blackberries less times than I hit the reset button on my treo.

07-13-08 02:05 PM
    Alright, I think I'm gonna pick up my pearl and at least try it out. Thanks guys!
    Great idea. You'll never know if it works for you until you actually
    get to use one. And it is a great phone. Good luck
    07-13-08 02:06 PM
    qwerty on the curve is awesome!
    07-13-08 10:29 PM
    Hopefully RIM will start listening and implement threaded texting in the messages list. It's cool that if you open a message it will show you the thread, so hopefully it wouldn't take much to implement threading fully

07-14-08 01:53 AM
    Sorry, you'll eventually get used to it though.
    07-14-08 02:21 AM
    Never thought I could get use to a Pearl after the 1st I used one but I needed a small "non brick" smart phone so I got the pearl 8100 in Jan then in may I got a pearl 8110 and its awesome! Love the pearl!
    |>|I'M OVER IT|<|

07-14-08 03:30 AM
    This is all up to you...

I have gotten over the fact that BBs won't have it as crispy as the Treo had it, but the iPhone now holds that crown.

Threaded SMS isn't a reason to say no to Crack!

07-14-08 03:42 AM
    I was excited about getting a pearl, and I text a LOT! I was really excited about the threaded texting...until I saw it. It's awful! The threading is so sloppy! I LOVE the Treo text interface, but the Pearl is so much prettier. Someone talk me into loving the Pearl...
    That's why why u put down the kiddy pearl and get yourself a bigboy curve
    Last edited by iamjoel5; 07-14-08 at 12:01 PM.
    07-14-08 11:57 AM
    Do not get the pearl if its little keyboard is not cutting it for you. Thats also why i didnt get the Pearl, too small imo(but everyone has different tastes).
    If I were you, I would get the Curve instead. Its basically the Pearl, but with full qwerty keyboard and 10X more awesome.
    07-14-08 12:08 PM
    Typing on the Pearl is soooo easy after a day or two. I personally believe that once you get good at it it has the potential for you to type faster on it than on a Curve of full QWERTY device simply because it has predictive text. Type half a word and many times you won't have to type the rest of it just hit the trackball to complete the word, really helps with long words like superstitious lol.

07-14-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD