If I am sitting at my desk and the phone is beside me and I get a text message I hear the chime that I have set for it and I go and look at it. However, if I get a text after I walk away and don't hear it, I often don't know it's there. There is a little notification on the icon but I often don't look there. Is there a way to set it so that there is a notification in the foreground (like when I have a voice mail) that will make me either say yes or no before I continue using the phone?

Thanks for your help.

-Mike
    09-12-08 02:53 PM
    does your led not blink red when its there to let you know
    09-12-08 02:57 PM
    i've been told the answer to your question is no, as i've asked this before. u can set ur led to blink....but really nothing more. there are programs u can buy for like $7 that change the color of ur led (ie:blue for text, red for email, green for bbm, etc) look in the cb store.......i think it's there.
    09-12-08 03:00 PM
    There are other alerting apps out there that you can purchase that constantly alert you until acknowledge that you have received a text, email or whatever you set it to.

AlertMatrix is one of them AlertMatrix 2008 by REXwireless Software
    09-12-08 03:03 PM
    Like addict said, your LED should blink to notify you of a new message. There will also be an icon notification on the home screen.
    09-12-08 03:07 PM
    Thanks guys for the input. At least I know that I was not missing something obvious. I do realize that the indicator blinks but I am constantly getting emails all day long (I don't get a huge amount of text messages) and when I see that I usually go and check my email and there is usually one there and then I forget to look to see if there is a text. I guess I have to train myself to look to see if there is a text also. I just thought there would be a better option.
    09-12-08 09:52 PM
    P.S. If there are any Blackberry programmers reading this thread, maybe this would be a good idea to incorporate into the next release of the software. On my old Razr there would always be a pop up to let me know that I had a text and that I should read it. I think this would be a great addition to the BB.
    09-12-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD