My brother was telling me just this morning that his 18 year old son had 11,000 texts last month!! That's insane. I'd take the damn thing away from him or make him pay the bills each month. Now my brother is talking about giving him a credit card for when he goes off to university. A parenting mistake IMHO.
    Isn't that what everyone does these days? I mean really why would anyone want their child to have to work for something or learn how be responsible for anything.

While it keeps them from bugging you or whatever so you don't have to deal with them it creates some bad citizens of this planet.

Just give them everything so they can sponge off of you their whole life because you taught them that you will and they need not do anything for themselves.
    05-19-11 11:08 AM
    ...can't pass gas at the moment....no worries, there is an app for that
    05-19-11 12:32 PM
    jezz ok i will agree to some point that txting llyk dis cn b annoying but i think alot of it has to do with some peoples phones if the person getting the txt gets long mgs and they sometimes come up messed up on the screem thats why a lot of people txt like that and i sometimes txt lyk dis cus it's a bit faster not all the time tho is just a habbit i guess but yeah i see it can really be annoying, and i don't think it has to do with anyone not going to school it's just the way it is it's 2011 it's either you spell it like that or u don't it's ur choice
    05-19-11 02:13 PM
    ^Case in point, lol!
    05-19-11 10:58 PM
    Lol, you forget, you'll be turning in a resume to and working for people who think spelling like that is asinine. So hopefully you'll at least learn to spell right, even if you text like an imbecile no insult intended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 11:01 PM
    Sometimes I use these.
    u = you, 2 = to, ur = your & you're

05-19-11 11:35 PM
    i can spell perfectly fine
    05-20-11 05:08 AM
    jezz ok i will agree to some point that txting llyk dis cn b annoying but i think alot of it has to do with some peoples phones if the person getting the txt gets long mgs and they sometimes come up messed up on the screem thats why a lot of people txt like that and i sometimes txt lyk dis cus it's a bit faster not all the time tho is just a habbit i guess but yeah i see it can really be annoying, and i don't think it has to do with anyone not going to school it's just the way it is it's 2011 it's either you spell it like that or u don't it's ur choice
    I don't think on the phone it's as big of deal. It's mainly when people continue writing in text speak in an email or posting here. It's not needed and annoying in that aspect.
    Are our lives really that busy that we have to carry that kind of typing into all our communication? I would think not. It's just limiting when you use it and being respectful of others in different situations.
    05-20-11 09:03 AM
    i was just making a point saying that it's your choice to use it or to not use it personally i don't use it all that much as a lot of people do but then again it's your choice. and i know with my phone when i get long texts it comes all messed up that's why i tell people who i know that send me long msgs not to type the full spelling and just cut the word down a bit
    Last edited by blackberry_135; 05-20-11 at 10:49 AM.
    05-20-11 10:45 AM
    most NHL players are White while most NBA players are Black..
    so what exactly are you saying?
    I wasn't going that direction. I remember a post game interview when the Florida Gators (I think) won the NCAA national championship (White kids btw) and I couldn't understand a word they said. Alex Ovechkin is more understandable. Heck there is a Flyers player from Eastern Europe who barely has an accent.

No racial thoughts just an observation.
    05-21-11 10:05 PM
    As a 21 year old colege student I agree with the OP on everything but one: he said the only place "text ebonics" belongs is within text messeges. It doesn't even belong there, either. NOTHING bothers me more than that type of ignorance and stupidity. Its not especially hard to type out the word "you" or "two" for Chrissake!

05-22-11 02:51 AM
    I have talked with a teacher, and she said they are having problems with the texting showing up in essays, term papers, etc.

One of the most annoying things to me is when I see 2 teens texting each other in public. They are standing right next to each other in an enviroment where they do not need to be quiet. Did they forget how to talk?
    Ridiculous, to say the least. Although texting can't be a discrete way of hating somebody in the same room as you! I don't know how many times my one roommate and I would hate our other roommate via text back during Freshman year hahahaha so in that situation its certainly acceptable. And, dare I say it, fun! LOL

05-22-11 03:03 AM
    I agree fully. I even came across older people (I'm only 20 but still I think my grammar is on point) who type like that. It vexes me and I personally find it funny that most of my friends get upset because I have a tendency to spell out words properly and use proper grammar. I thought I was the only who got annoyed by it.
    05-22-11 08:43 PM
    hah ! if that's all you ever have to worry about ..... consider yourselves lucky. My straight A kid knows when to use the silly speak and when not to. Now if we could just do something about sex, drugs and that god awful crap she listens to I'd be ever so grateful.
    05-22-11 10:25 PM
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the recent posting of kids(under the age of 20 in my eyes), It's like no one went to school and learned the English language, everyone speaks and types in text speak nowadays. u = you, n = and, 2 = to, too or two?, and so on, and so forth. I personally find it very annoying, The worst part is when they come to these forums and type like that. If you try and point out that it makes them look like children that don't know the English language, they get all defensive and say things like "this is how I talk", "its faster to type this way", "get over it old man". Text speak belongs in a text message not on a forum or in the real world where it just makes you look like an imbecile.

I tend to skip over posts that are written like this as I find it very hard to read and actually have to think about what I'm reading seeing as you have to decipher what was supposed to be written correctly.

So is it just me or does anyone else find this trend to very annoying and an insult to the English language?
    My friend, I do agree with you, BIG TIME. However text messaging is not to blame( well, partly) The advancement of personal computers, constant access to the internet, and the encouragement of BS due to Adults doing the same thing. Then you have the failing education system too. What pisses me off, is that people shorthand in spanish. My aunt, cindy who is 45 years old has the f++king nerve to like this "komo 2 estaz" (como tu estas) Now we have adults, that have the mindset of 12 year olds. People just need to grow up. Ugh, its pathetic.

Thanks for letting me share!

Moe from NYC.

05-23-11 02:43 AM
    haha text messaging is the greatest thing ever
    05-23-11 08:21 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD