Not sure where this quesiton goes, but, I'll give it a shot here. Rockin' a BB Torch 9850 on Sprint. Just bought an Android (gasp!) tablet. I rely on texts that come to my BB number in many instances and was wondering if there was any way to get my texts to not only appear on my phone but also on the tablet? When I'm working on the tablet, it'd be great if I could get them on that device without having to pick up my phone whenever one chimes in. Thoughts?
    10-01-12 11:28 AM
    Are you on Sprint? If so the easiest way is to merge your account with Google Voice.

Once you do that, you can log into Google Voice on your tablet and read/respond to texts from there.

In addition your phone will remain the same.

Otherwise I don't know if there's a way to do it.
    10-01-12 12:05 PM
    I was reading up on GV and it may work, I think. Will it? From what I've read, I don't want to port my number as that will require me to get a new Sprint number yadda yadda. But, apparently I can get a GV number that I can merge with my Sprint account? Still confused but sounds promising. I'd need the application on the Nexus 7 and my BlackBerry Torch but I don't see the application for BB when I go to the BB App store even though Google says it's compatible. Help!
    10-02-12 10:53 AM
    Google Voice on Sprint can work two ways:

1. You can get a new Google Voice Number, and have your Sprint Phone pretend to be from that number. All outgoing texts and voicemails will appear to come from your google voice number.

2. You can have Google Voice use your existing sprint phone number. Think of it as Sprint forwarding all your calls to google voice, which in turn, forwards it back to your phone (and any other phone you want).

I've found the integration to be pretty wonderful - I use choice 1. It works as advertised, and gives me the flexibility to switch phones without worrying about losing my number. And with the integration, I can use all the native apps on my phone without some kind of hokey google voice text client. Its pretty great.
    10-02-12 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD