I had a question and have been giving some great help, but it just does not seem to be working for me...so does anyone else have any other suggestions...
    When I send a BRAND NEW text message to someone, the history of older conversations show up...I have changed "show previous items to 0", but it still is happening...is this a default thing.
    Story to explain, I send someone a NEW text message today, they are wondering why our private text message conversation is still attached to the NEW message...
    HELP
    01-03-09 05:57 PM
    It sounds like that is something to do with their phone. When you send a text message you aren't resending all of the ones from before.

I would have them look at the way their phone is set up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:25 PM
    Try a soft reset to see if that helps. Alt, right shift and delete will do it.
    01-03-09 06:30 PM
    It is just not to one person, everyone I send them too...it drives the people crazy that the entire thread of messages is there...even when I send a new one.
    01-03-09 06:45 PM
    cal, I know exactly what your talking about. Happened to me the other day. just tried it again and same thing. I hit compose sms text "not Reply" and it also had a message attached from 2 days ago. weird
    01-03-09 07:12 PM
    Yes, Griffin, that is what is happening and it is driving me crazy and no one seems to have an answer!!
    01-03-09 07:45 PM
    When your in the thread of an SMS message and you see previous messages, try hitting menu and then clicking on "remove history" and the SMS history should be erased. I don't know if this will completely solve your problem, but I guess its worth a shot. Let me know how it works out.

01-03-09 08:00 PM
    Mine only shows the messages to that person, not to others, but do not know how to stop either
    01-03-09 08:01 PM
    Thanks for replying ecooper11...I have done this and it still happens...I am starting to think that is how the curve works...but it seems silly when I send a new message, it should start a new conversation...not include the old stuff...
    01-03-09 08:06 PM
    Thanks for replying ecooper11...I have done this and it still happens...I am starting to think that is how the curve works...but it seems silly when I send a new message, it should start a new conversation...not include the old stuff...
    No, this is not the normal way the Curve works. Of the thousands of people here who have Curves and read the two threads where you've posted this problem, it's an extremely rare anomaly that apparently only you and one other person have seen :-)

Sorry, I'm not sure what to recommend. When you reply to a message it is normal to see the history on your end even though it shouldn't be transmitted, but you are referring to a new message. I have not heard of this behavior before.

01-03-09 08:34 PM
    It is if you have any messages in history to that particular contact. It also happens if you have SAVED messages to that person. Thats the way the hundreds of BBs I deal with have always worked. If you erase all previous messages and have no saved messages to that person, you wont see this show up.
    01-03-09 08:36 PM
    Well I am at a loss...I guess I should just deal with it...thanks everyone...
    01-03-09 08:36 PM
    It is if you have any messages in history to that particular contact. It also happens if you have SAVED messages to that person. Thats the way the hundreds of BBs I deal with have always worked. If you erase all previous messages and have no saved messages to that person, you wont see this show up.
    I have erased everything...everyone I have texted today says that there are at least seven prior texts, some even from days ago, with the new one I send...I am at a total loss...
    01-03-09 08:47 PM
    Yabut.... The history isn't normally transmitted with the message even though it appears on the sender's screen, or at least none of the BlackBerrys I'm involved with do (might be a setting to affect that??). Furthermore, the OP is starting a NEW text message and in her case, if there have been any prior texts to that recipient, not only is the history appearing but it's being transmitted to the recipient. That's not something I've seen before.

01-03-09 08:50 PM
    Jbeachy,
    That is correct...I am sending a NEW stinking text and that one sends, but people say that old ones are still in the thread...kind of like a gmail conversation...but I can never seem to start a new one.
    01-03-09 08:53 PM
    so they are seeing these sent messages as well? or are they the ONLY ones seeing the sent messages.
    01-03-09 08:54 PM
    Okay one more thing jbeachy, if you are still there
    The history is not appearing to me...it is only appearing to them. I send Joe a message today, and he gets today's message as well as all the messages I have sent him over the last couple of days...new text should be a NEW MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-03-09 09:01 PM
    then Joe has all of your old messages on his device either saved or in his message history. have him clear his messages out and see if he still sees them
    01-03-09 09:01 PM
    sith apprentice,They are the only ones seeing the sent messages...I am not seeing them...I send them a new text like normal and Joe says to me, why is all that old info connected to your new text...send me a new text...do that and it is all still attached...thanks for all your help
    01-03-09 09:02 PM
    But it happens with Joe and Bob and Christie and whoever else I send it too...
    01-03-09 09:03 PM
    It seems like something I need to do with a setting...and this did not happen with my old phone, only my curve.
    01-03-09 09:03 PM
    OP - are the recipients BlackBerry users?? If so, then, depending on their settings, a new message may indeed appear as though the history were attached. I just checked a couple dozen of my texts (configured for History = 7) and that is indeed the case on my device. But that's my setting as recipient, not because the sender transmitted the history. This has been suggested in this thread and I can't help but wonder if it's a recipient thing.

01-03-09 09:04 PM
    I have never changed a SMS setting on my device and have never had this happen unless the other user was on a BB and had the history as well.
    01-03-09 09:04 PM
    I just got the curve and Joe has the same phone, so it seems like something is different with my phone.
    01-03-09 09:05 PM
    They are BB users, so maybe that is it...what can I tell them to do...I know I am a little slow here...I really appreciate your time with this
    01-03-09 09:07 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD