HI,

I have a 7290, bb I was typing an e-mail (text) and I typed " LT " in lower case, a few words later when I looked back the " LT " was replaced with the current time I.E. 21:00:04. it works in upper or lower case. So I am concluding the letters typed together " LT or lt " are a letter short cut for time in the body of an e-mial message.

I also discovered " mn " becomes the word minute, but I have randomly tried others with no luck.

I find it handy, now only if more exist.

Does anyone know of any other 2 letter combinations as a short cut and what it does?

thanks

WOPIT
    08-04-09 09:47 PM
    Go to options and check out the auto text settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:55 PM
    dragon has given you directions to get to the Auto Text feature. you can create any "shortcut" you'd like.
    08-04-09 09:56 PM
    ok thanks ,I will look there. I never to the best of my knowledge created any short cuts. I did not know they existed in the first place.
    08-04-09 10:03 PM
    Yeah, I've found some of the autotext shortcuts to be really useful, but like you, there were some that caught me by surprise...one being the one you discovered: Lt... I was trying to type the abbreviation for "lieutenant" the other day, and after getting foiled by autotext three times in various combinations, I just gave up and spelled it out. I keep meaning to go through the list just to see what others I should be aware of. Thanks for the reminder.
    08-04-09 10:19 PM
    I never paid any attention to the auto text until reading this thread LOL....GRAND!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD