i had a pearl and when i would type a word it would finish the word. How do i make my curve do that
    12-04-07 11:40 AM
    I'm not sure the BB has the t9 (predictive text) feature but it does have auto text (which is almost like a spellcheck in the fashion that if you type in 'acn' it will change it to 'can'
    to enable 'Autotext' (tools>options>SMS text>Disable Auto text: NO)
    If anyone else is certain please advise.

here is the definitive answer:
    Predictive Text feature???
    Last edited by EtherealLover; 12-04-07 at 11:58 AM.
    12-04-07 11:55 AM
    I dont think the curve can do that i know it has check spelling before you send something.....but if you do figure it out please let me know ...i would like that for my curve as well
    12-04-07 11:56 AM
    that didnt work if anyone knows how to make this work on curve please help. it might not be able to
    12-04-07 12:16 PM
    The smarttype feature is not necessary with a QWERTY keyboard, so it's not there. Don't know if there is a third-party tool that would do the same thing, but the whole point of it was to enable you to type on the reduced keyboard of the Pearl. Personally, I HATED that feature when I had the 7100.
    12-04-07 12:32 PM
    The Pearl uses BlackBerry's SureType, not T9, and the Curve, being a full-QWERTY device, does not use either one. It does have Auto-text, which automatically formats certain words, like adding apostrophes to common contractions so you don't have to, etc...
    12-04-07 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD