Yesterday I received my 9700 from T-Mobile and its a beautiful device!!! However, I couldn't figure how to tether to a Mac. I did my research, now I know all the necessary settings but I m so lazy to post it now. So if anybody need these settings just reply...
    11-13-09 07:54 AM
    Yesterday I received my 9700 from T-Mobile and its a beautiful device!!! However, I couldn't figure how to tether to a Mac. I did my research, now I know all the necessary settings but I m so lazy to post it now. So if anybody need these settings just reply...

I do not have mine yet, but will definitely need the instructions. I used to tether my pearl, so i might just need the code.

Thanks.
    11-13-09 09:09 AM
    what do you mean by the code? on mac's network settings you need fallowing:

telephone number: epc.tmobile.com
    account name: your phone number
    password: your password which you log into your my-tmobile
    11-13-09 09:37 AM
    what do you mean by the code? on mac's network settings you need fallowing:

telephone number: epc.tmobile.com
    account name: your phone number
    password: your password which you log into your my-tmobile
    Oh wow, **** of a lot easier than what i had to do with my Pearl ages ago. I will try in a few days and let you know! Thanks.
    11-13-09 11:20 AM
    If you have instructions, pleeeeeease post them or send them to me. I just got my 9700 (moved from 8900) and Tmobile actually told me that since its a 3g phone, tethering has been disabled. My whole reason for moving to the 9700 was to get the 3g speeds when tethered. If I can't figure this out by tomorrow, I'm returning the phone. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
    Oh yeah, PC Windows Vista Home Edition.
    Last edited by Xcom333; 11-14-09 at 09:53 PM.
    11-14-09 09:39 PM
    If you have instructions, pleeeeeease post them or send them to me. I just got my 9700 (moved from 8900) and Tmobile actually told me that since its a 3g phone, tethering has been disabled. My whole reason for moving to the 9700 was to get the 3g speeds when tethered. If I can't figure this out by tomorrow, I'm returning the phone. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
    Oh yeah, PC Windows Vista Home Edition.
    I only have the settings for Mac. If you need settings for Vista do a search there are many posts explain that...
    11-15-09 11:19 AM
    im picking mine up tomorrow, but i have never tethered before to my mac. So any and all instructions/ settings i would need would be great. Thanks
    11-15-09 11:55 AM
    I only have the settings for Mac. If you need settings for Vista do a search there are many posts explain that...
    Can you tether with the 8320? If so I would love instructions btw I'm getting the 9700 whenit launches so don't think I'm stickin with the 8320 (piece of crap phone) lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 12:00 PM
    Let me google that for you

Click first link. Same applies for 9700
    Last edited by Arreat; 11-15-09 at 01:50 PM.
    11-15-09 01:46 PM
    post DIY tethering on mac. i never tried it, and is that really true since the phone is under 3g you cannot tethering? sounds pretty lame
    11-15-09 02:28 PM
    post DIY tethering on mac. i never tried it, and is that really true since the phone is under 3g you cannot tethering? sounds pretty lame
    I haven't heard that anywhere...not once. Sounds like complete BS to me since many users may not even see 3G service where they live...
    11-15-09 02:36 PM
    i only read it from an above posting about tethering tmobile 3g. i think thats bs too
    11-15-09 02:58 PM
    it can tether bro. instead of using modem scripts you should select the Research in Motion as vendor and put APN in there. Leave blank the telephone field but put in guest as account name and password. I just bought fone today and figured it out after it normal procedure i used for my 8900 didnt work. Hope this helps you. I have new problem now. I'm not getting 3g speeds when tethering. I need more time to play with fone =)
    11-16-09 03:04 PM
    Getting decent speeds over Bluetooth on my Mac:

11-16-09 03:13 PM
    Hello guys,

just bought my 9700 today, very excited but a bot frustrated that I can't seem to figure out the tethering with my mac with either Bluetooth or USB. I would love if somebody post the instructions to tether for both BT and USB for the MAC computer? I use a Macbook 10.5.8 and I have T-Mobile as a carrier.

Thank you sooooo much in advance for any help!!!

Peace and light your way....
    11-18-09 07:08 PM
    Confirmed today, called T-mobile for "support" on how to tether my 9700. All they could tell me was "we cant provide support because it uses 3G" even though I repeatedly told him that I did not have 3g coverage in my area. Sucks...

But I am sure there is a way I just havent figured it out on my mac.

not sure what info i need. I have used all sorts of combinations of username and pws apns and I still cant connect. I have been trying to do it through USB and BLuetooth, mostly bluetooth. if anyone knows the info i need to input in preferences, that would be awesome. Thanks.
    11-20-09 07:11 PM
    i also ran into the same issue with tmobile, they transferred me over to blackberry support, and they partnered up with tmobile to say that 3g tethering is not supported at this time, maybe in the near future when mobilebackup and myfaves becomes supported. which is strange because they got rid of all myfaves plans
    11-20-09 09:31 PM
    i also ran into the same issue with tmobile, they transferred me over to blackberry support, and they partnered up with tmobile to say that 3g tethering is not supported at this time, maybe in the near future when mobilebackup and myfaves becomes supported. which is strange because they got rid of all myfaves plans
    Firstly, while ordering my 9700 to replace my 8120, I requested to talk to a BlackBerry support rep and he told me 3G tethering was possible, although not supported (speed-wise). He told me EDGE/GPRS speeds are supported and 3G is just one of those things that you can get working, but not officially. He equated it to T-Mobile's support of iPhone users: Its possible and we'll accommodate you, but its not supported.

Secondly, since when did they "get rid of all myfaves plans"?
    11-28-09 07:34 AM
    Hey guys good news, here are the links to tether the 9700 with a MAC, using T-mobile:

It's not the greates speed, nor is constant, meaning that it disconnects itself every now and then but hey, im happy with it when I don't have to pay extra at airports and I can still work on my computer until the last minute of take off ;-)

Here it is, follow the instructions diligently, when it says MAC go and do what it says on your MAC and when it says Blackberry, do the same!

Connection via USB:
    BlackBerry Tethering via USB on Mac - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Connection via Bluetooth:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...solved-260401/

They both use the same data:

Telephone Number: *99#
    Account Name: GPRS
    Password: GPRS
    Now click the "Advanced.." button.
    Vendor: Research In Motion
    Model: BlackBerry IP Modem (GSM)
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    CID: 1

Voila you are connected... I hope this helps!!!

Blessings
    11-28-09 11:58 AM
    I had previously set up tethering with my 8900 so I just tried it with the 9700 over wifi and it works. then I turned off and tethered while the BB is on 3G and it worked great. Very fast.
    11-29-09 11:43 PM
    Miz Michele, how did you tether while on 3G, that I haven't tried, can you explain further please? Thanks
    11-30-09 12:06 PM
    Well I had my settings configured previously so I just connected. The phone showed modem mode. I did get cut off a few times. I do not have a MAC. I followed the instructions that I found on crackberry for setting up the modem for tethering. I have heard that the new desktop manager does it for you but I have not tried it yet.
    11-30-09 12:23 PM
    How about just post the information?
    11-30-09 08:18 PM
    Secondly, since when did they "get rid of all myfaves plans"?
    T-Mobile grandfathered MyFaves on 8/25/09, when they launched their Even More & Even More Plus plans. Both offer unlimited domestic calling at very cheap rates, cheap enough MyFaves (unlimited domestic calling to 5 numbers) was deemed redundant.

Customers with MyFaves plans can keep them, or they can migrate to the new, often cheaper, plans. The MyFaves interface is still available under the new plans on devices that support it, it just no longer has any relation to billing (think of it as speed-dial).

The BB 9700 is one of the first devices to ship since the grandfathering of MyFaves plans. Tellingly it lacks the five-circles/pawprint logo found on the back of T-Mobile devices that natively support MyFaves and instead comes with a slip of paper recommending customer use the web interface to set & reset MyFaves. (This is how folks with non-MyFaves phones have always had to make use of the service.)

It does make sense; why manage which 5 numbers you get unlimited calling to when for nearly the same cost you can have unlimited to everyone?

One unremarked side effect of the new plans is T-Mobile has started offering a version of the oft-requested family data plan.
    11-30-09 09:49 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have tried numerous means to tether my 9700 T-mobile Bold to my new MacBook Pro running snow leopard, including all the methods described above in this thread. I can get the bluetooth connection established, and have BBDM installed in the version for Macs that came out in October. Any other ideas of what might be needed? I have a list of ways that did not work I can post in a separate thread. I can tether in seconds on my PC, but it is just a pain on the Mac!! Anything further would be most appreciated
    12-06-09 09:10 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD