So I got an iPod Touch today and I'm in love with it!

I'm not around hotspots all of the time, so I was wondering, is there a way for me to tether my BB's internet over to my iPod Touch. I love my 8900, but YouTube videos don't look as good on it as they do on the Touch.

So, this is possible?
    03-24-09 03:38 PM
    The Touch doesn't have Bluetooth AFIK so how would you physically connect to your BB?
    03-24-09 03:48 PM
    Ah...well...how about a program on the BB that allows it to broadcast its wireless signal as a Wi-Fi signal to other devices?
    03-24-09 03:51 PM
    Ah...well...how about a program on the BB that allows it to broadcast its wireless signal as a Wi-Fi signal to other devices?
    That would be pretty awesome, but, I HIGHLY doubt there is anything like that.
    03-24-09 04:16 PM
    Oh darn. I am aware of a special modem I could use, but it doesn't work with gsm phones.

Well I will keep lOoking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 06:08 PM
    Actually... the iPod Touch version 2 does have Bluetooth (the new iPhone 3.0 OS unlocks it) but that doesn't help you right now.

Windows Mobile can broadcast a WiFi access point using your EDGE or 3G so it wouldn't surprise me if it's possible with BlackBerry. Not sure if anyone has written something like that though....
    03-24-09 06:45 PM
    I have iPod Touch 1G. It was cheaper and I didn't want the external speakers. I also wanted it to work with my current iPod docks.

Yeah that's what I've heard about the WM devices...if WM can do it, I'm sure BB can too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:46 PM
    So it looks like the iPhone OS 3.0 will be out in 30 days or less which will add BT to the iTouch. Has anyone found out any additional information regarding if you are able to tether the iTouch to a BB via Bluetooth and utilize it's Edge connection?

Thanks.
    05-29-09 04:33 PM
    i have been looking for how to do this... i keep hearing little rumors here and there about it working somehow...
    07-09-09 10:27 PM
    here is the link to tether's support forum discussion regarding "Tether with IPod Touch"Tether IPod Touch Discussion
    03-29-10 10:41 PM
    I have an adapter that plugs into the bottom of my touch that adds Bluetooth capabilities. Is there anything I can do with that?
    03-30-10 10:55 AM
    So I got an iPod Touch today and I'm in love with it!

I'm not around hotspots all of the time, so I was wondering, is there a way for me to tether my BB's internet over to my iPod Touch. I love my 8900, but YouTube videos don't look as good on it as they do on the Touch.

So, this is possible?
    I have something that works for me. It is NOT a direct connection, but it allows me to access the net using the Touch, and also allows an iPhone to access internet in areas that are AT&T challenged.

It requires a tether package on my Sprint Berry, which allows me to plug the USB into a little router from Cradlepoint. The router also allows me to connect laptops and other devices to share the internet access.

There are several models available, the one I use the CTR350, is less than $100 and very small. I got it from wirelessnwifi.com.

It works pretty well, we even used it in Europe to connect my Touch and a couple of netbooks using an European USB aircard.
    04-14-10 03:50 PM
    The Touch doesn't have Bluetooth AFIK so how would you physically connect to your BB?
    iPod Touch Does have Bluetooth. (G2 And G3) G1 Does not.
    Just that Apple Destroyed the effectiveness of it by only allowing bluetooth headphones work ok it.
    04-15-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD