Hello,

I've searched extensively but haven�t found a solution for this problem. I have a Dell XPS M1330 with Bluetooth integrated into the laptop and was wondering whether there is any way I can sync my bb bold with the laptop and tether, rather than using the usb cable provided with the phone.

Help would be appreciated.

SP
    03-10-09 06:15 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. Can anyone help?
    09-04-09 03:24 AM
    Sure, you can.

If you already have tethering setup via USB, you just need to pair your computer with your Bold and then change the option in the Manager to connect to the device via bluetooth. Now you need to find the Bluetooth Modem in Windows' Modem Properties and duplicate the settings from the USB Modem. Remember to check that Dial Up Networking is in fact using the Bluetooth Modem.

If you don't have tethering setup at all, search the forums for how to tether with the USB cable (modem settings, must keep DM running).
    - First, pair the device over bluetooth and set the DM options to sync over that.
    - Next, follow the USB tether instructions, but change the settings in the Bluetooth Modem, instead of the USB Modem. It should be on a different COM port.
    09-04-09 07:34 AM
    Easy to do on a Mac as well
    09-04-09 12:31 PM
    I paired my phone as a bluetooth modem to my laptop, then just opened the AT&T connection manager. It did the rest. Edited to add: Does Rogers have a similar connection manager available for download?

I paired my phone as a bluetooth modem to my laptop, then just opened the AT&T connection manager. It did the rest. Edited to add: Does Rogers have a similar connection manager available for download?

LuKChuT: You should go to:

www(dot)wireless(dot)att(dot)com/businesssupport/laptop-connect.do

(replace the dots. I can't post links yet.)
    Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; 09-04-09 at 12:56 PM.
    09-04-09 12:52 PM
    I have successfully tethered from BlackBerry Bold 9000 to MacBook Pro, Mac OS X v. 10.6.1 using Bluetooth.
    I have two Plantronics Discovery 925 earphones paired to the BB Bluetooth as well.
    When I disable Bluetooth Modem Connection to Mac, I cannot reconnect Plantronics 925's to BB.
    HELP.
    10-15-09 01:20 AM
    does any laptop or more importantly any netbook, so long as it has bluetooth, have the capability to tether thru bluetooth to the bold?
    10-23-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD