08-15-11 05:35 PM
35 12
tools
    there is a way to do it. you need to download ibluever from cydia on you ipod touch then you open up the app and you configure the settings, im not sure what they might be, ik that verizons the dial number is #777 and you enter your pin and chose a chat script ( non GPRS tone for verizon) and you should be set, but for verizon once you open up safari on your ipod it brings you to a webpage about signing your account up for tethering. let me know if this helps or if you have questions
    if i am correct to install this on an ipod it has to be jailbreaked first.
    09-05-10 05:58 AM
    Yes it does have to be jailbroken. I got my 3rd gen ipod touch to successfully tether to my bold 9700 on t-mobile working perfectly. Its actually pretty efficient on battery considering its via bluetooth, & The connection has never broken on me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 12:08 PM
    You can use a touch with a Blackberry 3g connection. I've done it. It just requires an intermediary device. the only cost for software would be for Tetherberry. then you use a free program on a win 7 netbook or laptop (Connectify) to send the signal to the touch. it works. (obviously not many people would want to use a netbook, due to size constraints, but it IS DOABLE if you MUST)
    09-05-10 12:32 PM
    Yes it does have to be jailbroken. I got my 3rd gen ipod touch to successfully tether to my bold 9700 on t-mobile working perfectly. Its actually pretty efficient on battery considering its via bluetooth, & The connection has never broken on me.

Care to elaborate a bit?
    This is exactly what I want to do with my 9700 with Tmo. Holding on an IPT 4gen because I want to know what else I need to get it working.
    thanks.
    09-07-10 02:42 AM
    Care to elaborate a bit?
    This is exactly what I want to do with my 9700 with Tmo. Holding on an IPT 4gen because I want to know what else I need to get it working.
    thanks.
    I'm also interested in hearing this. I already tether my 9700 to my laptop via bluetooth. Would be nice to get it working with the new iPod touch as well.
    09-09-10 05:43 PM
    it would have to be via BlueTooth because i do not think Blackberry devices support AD-HOC tethering.

09-09-10 05:51 PM
    It can be done. I have successfully tethered my iPod touch to my Blackberry through a Cydia app called iBluever. the connection is Bluetooth and its great with battery consumption.. Also, it sometimes transforms my ipod into an iPhone since i have textfree to text & iCall to call. Its also great because it helps suppress my urges to get an iPhone..although I'm always looking to get one..
    09-09-10 11:23 PM
    It can be done. I have successfully tethered my iPod touch to my Blackberry through a Cydia app called iBluever. the connection is Bluetooth and its great with battery consumption.. Also, it sometimes transforms my ipod into an iPhone since i have textfree to text & iCall to call. Its also great because it helps suppress my urges to get an iPhone..although I'm always looking to get one..
    Can this be done without "jailbreaking" either device?

Shrek
    09-17-10 01:01 PM
    Can this be done without "jailbreaking" either device?

Shrek
    Blackberries are not linux based devices, you cannot obtain SU permissions on those devices.

but you must jailbreak, to gain SU permissions, the Apple device to do it.
    09-17-10 01:33 PM
    Hi a93hunt, would you be able to give us step by step instructions? Mail ipod touch is on it's way to me....I would love to tether this to my Torch 9800.
    Last edited by D_Mackdaddy; 08-15-11 at 10:42 PM.
    08-15-11 05:35 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD