Guys/Gals,

OK, so I'm trying a little test out with BIS 3.2 to see if it works.

I basically set Google Sync to manual so that it wouldn't interfere. Then I made sure that my BIS settings show just contacts is checked to sync as I want to test contacts before calendar.

I added a new contact to my BB but it hasn't shown up yet on my GMAIL contact list...it's been about 40min.

Also did it the other way around...added a new contact to my GMAIL contact list but it hasn't shown up yet on my BB....it's been about 10min.

Anyone aware of the response times with BIS 3.2?

Really want to see if this syncing will work so that I can get rid of Google Sync.

TIA
    10-26-10 10:18 AM
    It works fine for me, but I can't really comment on the time it takes for it to change on your phone and/or the calendar. I don't really care too much about the timetable just as long as I know that it will eventually sync. BIS 3.2 is working like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 01:05 PM
    Contact sync is done around every 4 hours. It is not instant.
    10-26-10 01:10 PM
    Thanks to both of you. I ended up first deleting Google Sync and then deleting my gmail account. When I added it again, I set up the calendar and contact sync.

Unfortunately I ended up with duplicates! I cleaned them up in gmail contacts and calendar but it looks like just my calendar sync'd. So now my calendar looks OK on my BB but I still have contact duplicates on my BB. If contacts only sync every 4 hrs then I'll have to wait to see what happens.

So far I'm not sure how this set-up is better than Google Sync but I'll keep it this way. I was hoping that I'd be able to see past event on my calendar on my BB but as with Google Sync, they're only showing up for the past 4 weeks and not forever into the past. Very disappointing.

10-26-10 01:25 PM
    I'm sticking with Google Sync for now. The newest feature is not always the best.
    10-26-10 01:29 PM
    I'm sticking with Google Sync for now. The newest feature is not always the best.
    Totally agree with you but for me, Google Sync would often not work and/or freeze during syncing.

I'm going to see how I go with BIS. My contacts still haven't sync'd and it's been 3 hrs.
    10-26-10 02:39 PM
    Google sync wouldn't let me sync two google calendars (from different accounts), but the BIS will. So BIS quickly replaced the 2-bit google sync software. It worked most of the time for the one account but if there was a meeting with an invite involved it would no longer update that record.
    10-26-10 03:11 PM
    Seems none of use can find the 'perfect' syncing solution!
    10-26-10 03:25 PM
    **UPDATE** - I just noticed that my contacts sync'd and now the duplicates are gone! YAY! Hope things continue to work/sync as they are!
    10-26-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD