so im having terrible battery life and have been for a long time. i ended up getting a new battery but that didnt help at all.

i do have FB messenger and i do keep the constant messaging situation on. however, even if i turn it off my battery lasts a few hours.

i thought it might be the upgrade that vzw pushed out about a month or so ago but when i thought about it, my battery was crappy then.

i try not to leave a whole lot of programs on. usually only native apps are running. what gives??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 08:07 PM
    If you are in a poor signal location, your phone will have operate at a higher output power level to reach a tower. Messenger apps exacerbate the problem by moving a lot of data and keeping the phone talking at the higher power level. If you've been experiencing this problem for a while, has something changed in your environment? A new office location? Or new construction?
    04-09-12 08:16 PM
    Maybe you can Update your device, Change some settings like making it 2G, and when there is no wifi signal close wifi and close bluetooth and NFC, that would make it whole better

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry's Awesome App
    04-10-12 12:45 AM
    Reload the phone software from scratch and make sure you use the current offering. Also, in these forums read about the best ways to enhance battery life. Make sure your backlight is not set @ 100, timeout after 20 seconds or so, close apps not being used, set refreshes to feeds at a lower interval, keep wifi/BT off when not using them and use wifi when possible.
    The 9650 is a phenominal phone with amazing battery life and should get through almost two days of moderate use. The exception would be if you live in a poor rural service area where the phone must work really hard to hold service, IE Wyoming.

Good luck.

Maybe you can Update your device, Change some settings like making it 2G, and when there is no wifi signal close wifi and close bluetooth and NFC, that would make it whole better

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry's Awesome App
    04-10-12 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD