Well......since my blackberry has become a serious part of my life since purchasing it 6 months ago.....I decided to activate the password lock.

Debated on what to put before coming up with the password. Been using it for a couple weeks.....and have to admit....it got annoying. So today I decided to change it to something a little easier on the fingers. (no...not 1234)

Went through the process....and put the phone away. About 10 minutes later...my addiction kicked in and of course...went to check it. Wrong password. Wrong password. Wrong password. Then I start thinking...maybe I used the 2nd letter...and accidentally hit a number twice. So I try it....Wrong Password. In my haste, I rushed through the same attempt 5 more times until it gives me the warning!! "Next time you F-up....everything is gone"

I start to panic. What the heck? I had to confirm this new password...how could I have it wrong?

Call Verizon...nothing they can do. Then I start thinking about when I last backed it up. How would I get all those programs? Would my card be erased too? Oh F(*&.......what do I do?

Then I talk to the wife. I explain the problem.....think of all the possibilities of what I may have put. (Considering each number/letter has 2 options...damn Suretype keypad!)

Since I felt as if I tried everything I could......and then my wife asked if I was sure the change went through? She asked...did it say confirmed? Of course I don't remember....and didn't read it close enough when making the change....and confirming.

So I decide to use my last chance with the original password. IT WOOORRKED!!

Talk about stress!

1st - I'm a moron.

2nd - My wife was right. (as always she said)

3rd - I'm backing up my blackberry immediately!

Just thought I'd share. Whew!
    06-01-08 09:20 PM
    I panicked one time because I did the number password and forgot that i had to have the caps lock on or hit the alt button every time so then I changed it to the same digits but letters instead of numbers so now it feels the same just easier.

Glad you figured it out...very stressful!!
    Last edited by flchick75; 06-01-08 at 09:31 PM.
    06-01-08 09:29 PM
    Glad to here it worked out for you without wiping out your berry.
    06-01-08 09:40 PM
    i want to put a password on my BB so i can keep it locked down, but im afraid of something like that happening haha
    06-02-08 06:52 PM
    I'm glad everything worked out for you. Instead of panicking YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO YOUR WIFE AFTER THE FIRST ATTEMPT!!!

I dont bother to use a password since my BB is with me all the time.
    06-02-08 06:56 PM
    wow i'm glad you figured it out! I use the password lock when i sleep at my bf's bc hes a nosebag and likes to check out my texts and my IM's. I'm deathly afraid he'll go and try it a few times, and keep on going...because i have never backed it up(i have a mac) i'd loose everything...

and at that point him too, bc then i'd have proof he was snooping!!!!
    06-02-08 09:36 PM
    I work at a place that has people coming and going....with folks who send texts from other peoples phones to get a rise out of folks. Sometimes we get called out right away and may accidentally leave our phones on the desks...I have my password set to kick on after an hour, of course I never go an hour without checking it unless it is after I wake up at night, so I end up putting the password in one time per day. It works pretty well.
    06-02-08 10:22 PM
    Now all we need is a BlackBerry with a built-in biometric fingerprint reader to avoid these problems... or maybe an iris scanner! How about it RIM???

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-02-08 10:52 PM
    now that would be impressive
    06-02-08 10:55 PM
    OK. I do have the password on mine and I didn't look at it when I typed it in, so it turned out to be the letter combination and not the numbers. The first time I used it again I had to enter about 5 times before realizing my problem.

My question is, doesn't it just lock you out for X amount of time after the 10th try? Does it really wipe after that?
    06-02-08 11:00 PM
    After a few (8 I believe) it shows you what you are typing and then after 10, it wipes your device.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-02-08 11:24 PM
    OP, you remind me the three most important words in a marriage:

You are right.

Where are the mods when we need them? That spammer is very annoying this morning,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 06:26 AM
    That spam is annoying. I have seen it on three other posts already today. To stay on topic, I haven't used my password option on my BlackBerry, but I think that I may now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD