Really ,,,,,,,,mine just prints Canadian Currency
    really??? where you take it???? lol

mine just miss an auto-pilot to drive my car when I type on it...
    01-16-10 11:35 AM
    I need help. My Free internet radio stations of "Pandora" & "Slacker" will not play on my bb. I have an 8520 & unlimited data plan w/ tmobile. I get an error "java error no creditinals" for the SLACKER RADIO. And Pandora won't even let me log-in or sign in. I have deleted and uninstalled, reintalled several times. I need help. Any suggestions??? Thx guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 11:48 AM
    The only thing I dislike about BlackBerry are the people who complain about them. Lol.

01-16-10 11:51 AM
    Only thing I don't like is low memory on my pearl and the camera quality

01-16-10 02:04 PM
    Oh, and my Blackberry doesn't have an app that prints legitimate $100 bills.
    That's the funniest post I read today. But, I concur with the rest of the posts about the browser. If the writing is too small at times, I press " - " to enlarge the type.

The 9700 is my first smartphone, and I enjoy it over what I had previously.
    01-16-10 02:15 PM
    1. The browser
    2. Media player, which would include playing youtube videos.
    I have to agree about the battery pull, lately I seem to be doing that at least once a day. And yes, the Blackberry OS does need an overhaul, while I am happy with my device for the most part.
    With AT&T introducing some Android devices in the future, come upgrade time it might be worth a look.
    Last edited by joemd60; 01-16-10 at 06:30 PM.
    01-16-10 06:22 PM
    the one on my 8530 changes timezones automatically. I went to Indiana not too long ago and it automatically switched from central -> eastern, I know this because it popped up letting me it was changing timezones.
    01-16-10 06:37 PM
    Browser iimprovement and Flash support would truly make it the best phone on the planet. And maybe a working Facebook app so I can respond to my friends and family faster.
    01-16-10 11:56 PM
    I think what BB does well is good enough for me to overlook the minor flaws it might have.
    01-17-10 12:03 AM
    1) Browser. It just stinks. I use the new beta of opera mini which is SO much better but still. I would like flash support too. This is the one thing RIM really needs to work on.

2) Battery pulls/long reboot times are particularly annoying.

Otherwise, I'm plum happy

01-17-10 12:19 AM
    Here are ten things that we hate about BlackBerrys in no particular order.
    The threaded sms in 5.0 is JUST HORRIBLE. While some people like this feature, many others don't and have no interest in it. Like call waiting, you should be able to turn this off.

SMS was never intended to be an IM app. Many of us get stock market, schedule alerts and other sms notifications which are not processed properly with the new 5.0 threaded sms format. It might be fine chit-chatting with your best friend from high school, but it stinks in processing news and stock alerts.

This threaded sms is just terrible.
    01-17-10 10:35 AM
    1. Onboard memory is too low. Was almost tempted to go for a 9000 or wait for the 9650)
    2. Can't install 3rd party apps on sd card (due to possible security issues?)
    3. Not able to play youtube videos natively in the browser (this is supposed to change sometime this year)
    4. Email attachments over 2MB are truncated (none of these devices should have this limit, especially in 2010 : /)

otherwise I'm happy with both the devices I've purchased so far.

01-17-10 11:15 AM
    Unless it's just my ignorance, I like my 5 opt. alarms on my old flip LG. Nice to have multiple alarms for getting up. Maybe BB has this feature. Doesn't jump out at me.
    01-17-10 01:50 PM
    The only thing I dislike is the slow Bluetooth file transfer speed. It takes forever to transfer a picture from the BlackBerry to the PC or to another phone. Yes, I know I can plug in the USB cable to transfer pictures to the PC, but I'd rather not bother doing that if I only have 1 picture to transfer.
    01-17-10 02:08 PM
    The only thing I dislike is the slow Bluetooth file transfer speed. It takes forever to transfer a picture from the BlackBerry to the PC or to another phone. Yes, I know I can plug in the USB cable to transfer pictures to the PC, but I'd rather not bother doing that if I only have 1 picture to transfer.
    better yet...enable wifi connection to laptop like browsing via file explorer. this is 2010...and u can't share files via wifi between ur laptop and bb. wtf rim?
    01-17-10 04:33 PM
    1. i hate the fact it freezes
    2. to slow
    3. some of the apps are slow and take up to much memory
    thats bout it
    01-17-10 04:41 PM
    1. i hate the fact it freezes
    2. to slow
    3. some of the apps are slow and take up to much memory
    thats bout it
    That's because you're using an 8100 which only has 64MB of memory...
    01-17-10 05:02 PM
    Unless it's just my ignorance, I like my 5 opt. alarms on my old flip LG. Nice to have multiple alarms for getting up. Maybe BB has this feature. Doesn't jump out at me.
    I thought that to after I posted, my old SE slider has multiple alarms and I wish my Curve did to.
    01-17-10 07:15 PM
    I must be missing something here because now that the software bugs have been worked out with my storm 9530, I love my berry. I watch youtube video just fine and the media player sounds great (I use it when I work out at the gym.) My only two gripes are:
    1. Onboard memory is terrible. Not a major issue since the new storm has the memory upgrade.
    2. The browser. I would like to see major strides in this area from RIM.
    01-17-10 07:41 PM
    I can't complain here as I believe us North Americans may have the best advantages in uses of the Blackberry and all it's benefits compare to you non North Americans. Although I admitt there are parts of the EMAIL (HTML supported mainly) - the only thing I have to complain about is how the images do not show up but it could be me and maybe am doing something wrong (i.e. misconfiguration on my part).

I also want to say every smart phone as well as cell phone has it's bad parts as well as it's good parts. There is no such thing as a PERFECT CELL/SMART PHONE and I am sure iPhone has it's own flaws and disadvantages...

And am sure the Blackberry is a "Work In Process" and over time am sure it will only improve for the better...I believe is still new and I think RIM and the other creators and developers of the Blackberry are doing an awesome job...And I honestly cannot wait to see what else they have in store for the future of Blackberry as am sure it will only get better over time!
    01-17-10 09:08 PM
    Here are ten things that we hate about BlackBerrys in no particular order.

1. The BlackBerry Browser is horrible � The BlackBerry is definitely not a device designed to effectively browse around the internet. It is truly amazing to me at just how slow and bad the BlackBerry Browser is and it has little to do with the small screen. Windows Mobile, Palm OS, Symbian, and just about every other mobile OS has a browser that could dance circles the BlackBerry. That�s not even to mention the browser on the iPhone. There simply is no comparison there.

2. The color of the BlackBerry you want is always on another carrier � For the passed couple of years, you have been able to, for the most part, get the same model BlackBerry devices from each of the carriers. The major differences are in the color schemes. I don�t know if it is Murphy�s Law or what, but, how is that that no matter what carrier you are on, the color of the BlackBerry model that you really like is on a different carrier?

3. No native HTML email support � Since 2002 has anyone, with the exception of BlackBerry users, sent an email that didn�t have some type rich text or HTML formatting embedded in it? We�ve heard that BES 4.1 SP5 is suppose to have this, however, this item remains on the list until it is widely available.

4. Can�t play YouTube videos � Why is it that every cool mobile phone except the BlackBerry can play YouTube Videos. I know that the BlackBerry doesn�t have the Flash player necessary to play YouTube videos. The question, though, is �Why?�

5. The Media Player � I never expected that the BlackBerry would ever truly compete with the iPod when it comes to consumers MP3 players of choice. I did, however, expect to to compete with other music phones not named iPhone. The BlackBerrys Media Player is so bad that RIM shouldn�t even list the ability to play music as a feature.

6. CDMA BlackBerrys come out a year after their GSM cousins � If you are like most Americans you probably don�t care and may not even know if your mobile device is GSM or CDMA. Outside of North America, however, most of Earth uses GSM. GSM BlackBerrys come out about a year in advance of their CDMA counterparts, but, seeing how most BlackBerry users (over 70%) are from North America and the majority of them are on CDMA networks, I don�t get why RIM makes such a large segment of it�s total user base wait so long to get new gear.

7. Too many frigging BlackBerry outages � I don�t know if the BlackBerry is becoming a victim of it�s own success, but, over the passed year or so, the number of major BlackBerry service outages has gone up dramatically. It seems like there is a major outage about every other month or so.

8. Way too many frigging BlackBerry outages � we know that we�ve already listed this, however, we hate continent wide BlackBerry outages so much that we decided to list this one a second time.

9. BlackBerry clock doesn�t automatically adjust to different time zones � I know that some BlackBerry users like that they have to manually change their time zone but I had cell phones back in the 90s that at least gave you the option to change time zones manually are have the network do it for you.

10. What do you hate about BlackBerrys? � We know that this list is going to differ from BlackBerry user to BlackBerry user so we will leave the tenth thing we hate about BlackBerrys to be discussed in the comments.
    I take it this person is no longer a blackberry user. A blackberry expert should update the list.
    01-18-10 01:10 AM
221 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD