hey guys,

I'm a long time bb user and have owned many berries over the years. My last bb was the torch and it was pretty good, but I found it a little buggy in its early firmware days and went over to the iPhone.

I've always synced to my sbs server through BES and now activesync. (scrapped the BES, would have to rebuild one )

Here's the thing: the iPhone works fine, but I miss the message waiting indicator, and at times really want a real keyboard back. You know what I mean right? You're time strapped and have to get a message out and the touchscreen and autocorrect just won't seem to cooperate?!

Other thing is message searching and filtering. I could always seem to filter or find what I want on my berry. The iPhone? Not always...

The only problem is it'll be a fair bit of work getting back on a blackberry and getting it synced up to server like the iPhone.

My dealer is getting in a new batch of 9900's tomorrow, Monday.

The heat is on, what to do?!

Thanks guys
    08-28-11 04:24 PM
    DO IT!

/end thread
    08-28-11 04:25 PM
    Na, not tempted at all. I missed the LED for a second but am over that. I would stay with the Iphone before I went to BlackBerry.

Maybe wait for QNX. I can't go back to an inferior web browser with no Flash, and a tiny screen. Just can't do it.
    08-28-11 04:28 PM
    Na, not tempted at all. I missed the LED for a second but am over that. I would stay with the Iphone before I went to BlackBerry.

Maybe wait for QNX. I can't go back to an inferior web browser with no Flash, and a tiny screen. Just can't do it.
    Brutal

Then again, It's all personal preference. I've used all the OS's and I can't imagine not having my BB
    08-28-11 04:36 PM
    blackberry is better all around software and hardware the iphone is a toy even the CEO of android uses a bb and pres of the usa iphone is for kids or grown ups who loves games
    08-28-11 04:40 PM
    The new browser isn't bad at all. As a matter of fact I found the Torch's browser in OS6 pretty damn good. 7 looks a tad slower than iPhone but I couldn't care less. I can wait a second or two here and there.

I miss the one button hammer n' dial speed dials for my top 10 ppl I called. Hold down the button, make the call, done! No messing around with the touchscreen.
    08-28-11 04:41 PM
    Do you still want a toy? Or, do you want a great phone that will help you be more productive an time-efficient?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 04:41 PM
    I hate waiting for things. When I want it I want it lol.

I guess QNX is coming to new BBs in '12?
    08-28-11 04:46 PM
    The new browser isn't bad at all. As a matter of fact I found the Torch's browser in OS6 pretty damn good. 7 looks a tad slower than iPhone but I couldn't care less. I can wait a second or two here and there.

I miss the one button hammer n' dial speed dials for my top 10 ppl I called. Hold down the button, make the call, done! No messing around with the touchscreen.
    I'm not sure about iPhone, but on Android you can press and hold your phone dialer keypad to do one touch dial.

Even better though is you can put a contact widget on your homescreen. Then with one touch you can, text or email, or navigate to that contact. I love this feature!

Faster than BlackBerry.

My dad runs his business using his iPhone, including making invoices, printing them, Excel spreadsheets, and mobile payments. I'm actually impressed with all the iPhone can do!
    08-28-11 04:48 PM
    That's what it sounds like. At least 1 full touch superphone haha
    08-28-11 04:48 PM
    I hate waiting for things. When I want it I want it lol.

I guess QNX is coming to new BBs in '12?
    I just came back to CrackBerry and was wondering when QNX is launching on a device. I'm not sure of the timeframe.
    08-28-11 04:49 PM
    I'm not sure about iPhone, but on Android you can press and hold your phone dialer keypad to do one touch dial.

Even better though is you can put a contact widget on your homescreen. Then with one touch you can, text or email, or navigate to that contact. I love this feature!

Faster than BlackBerry.

My dad runs his business using his iPhone, including making invoices, printing them, Excel spreadsheets, and mobile payments. I'm actually impressed with all the iPhone can do!
    Yeah yeah, it can do a lot... They all can. Like I said, it's personal preference. That's it
    08-28-11 04:49 PM
    Well, business has been rough this and last year. Rough in terms of working harder and playing less. I've got 7 pages of apps on my ip and I use approx 3 apps, all of which are available on A
    08-28-11 04:52 PM
    It's what you're used to I think. I was reluctant to switch away from BlackBerry because I knew it so well. I like how menus were organized and certain features, like the app switcher. And of course I always heard BlackBerry was the best messaging phone.

But calling any phone a toy is a little silly. They all do email, messaging, calls, pictures etc. I know it wasn't you that said that, just saying.
    08-28-11 04:54 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I ve switched over and have no regrets at all ...
    08-28-11 04:55 PM
    Well, business has been rough this and last year. Rough in terms of working harder and playing less. I've got 7 pages of apps on my ip and I use approx 3 apps, all of which are available on A
    Yeah, I'm not Into gaming either. I have apps and widgets that are used for productivity such as Docs To Go, BOA and travel apps like Point, Trip Advisor, Latitude, and a lot for communication like Skype, Google Talk, Happy Cow.

I tried Angry Birds but I just am not into games, even if the graphics are good.
    08-28-11 04:57 PM
    Yeah, I'm not Into gaming either. I have apps and widgets that are used for productivity such as Docs To Go, BOA and travel apps like Point, Trip Advisor, Latitude, and a lot for communication like Skype, Google Talk, Happy Cow.

I tried Angry Birds but I just am not into games, even if the graphics are good.
    You're missing out. Angry Birds is fun
    08-28-11 05:01 PM
    I tried it! Just didn't like it. I do like Unblockme, which a friend has on her iPhone. It's in Android Market too.

Does the new BlackBerry do video Skype, by the way?
    08-28-11 05:03 PM
    Nope .
    08-28-11 05:05 PM

This. Wait til QNX. Unless you don't mind getting an OS7 device and then in a year getting QNX. And let the QNX ecosystem mature a bit.

Then you'll really have a contender to the iPhone. Right now BBs are amazing for what they are. But doesn't have the exact support it needs. And I doubt OS7 devices will get that support. ie Skype, games mainly, etc.
    08-28-11 05:17 PM

Ok
    1: iPhone doesn't have Flash, so that point is reduntant
    2: you haven't used a OS7 device if you are calling it an inferior web browser, it is night and day better than the OS6 browser, and on some sites it renders faster than the iPhone, where other sites iPhone is faster.
    3: you have the 9900 and the 9810 availble, both screens are larger than the BlackBerry's you were used to, the 9810 or 9860 when it arrives is the same screen size as the iPhone.

So thanks for coming out.

jebulls, Snafufubar and liltazie like this.
    08-28-11 05:28 PM
    This. Wait til QNX. Unless you don't mind getting an OS7 device and then in a year getting QNX. And let the QNX ecosystem mature a bit.

Then you'll really have a contender to the iPhone. Right now BBs are amazing for what they are. But doesn't have the exact support it needs. And I doubt OS7 devices will get that support. ie Skype, games mainly, etc.
    Now I agree, OS7 probably won't get Skype, but games, you may not have noticed but OS7 devices got NeedForSpeed this past week, so game development isn't being ignored.

08-28-11 05:29 PM
    I tried it! Just didn't like it. I do like Unblockme, which a friend has on her iPhone. It's in Android Market too.

Does the new BlackBerry do video Skype, by the way?
    No Skype, No FFC
    If those are priorities, then the BlackBerry is not for you
    08-28-11 05:32 PM
    Ok
    1: iPhone doesn't have Flash, so that point is reduntant
    2: you haven't used a OS7 device if you are calling it an inferior web browser, it is night and day better than the OS6 browser, and on some sites it renders faster than the iPhone, where other sites iPhone is faster.
    3: you have the 9900 and the 9810 availble, both screens are larger than the BlackBerry's you were used to, the 9810 or 9860 when it arrives is the same screen size as the iPhone.

So thanks for coming out.

1. My Android has Flash. I just said that i would use an Iphone before a BlackBerry.
    2. You don't know what devices i have used, or tested.
    3. The screen on any Blackberry is tiny compared to a 4.3 which is what I use.

Hello, old fanboi! I'm not married to any platform. I've used them all. I go with what is best overall.

What got to me finally about BlackBerry is what you said, "when It arrives." It is always that way with BlackBerry it seemed. I waited forever for a Storm 3 or Monaco. Where are they? Did I miss them?

The Playbook should have been shrunken down to a 4.5 inch BlackBerry. Now that, I'd be all over!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-28-11 at 05:45 PM.
    08-28-11 05:33 PM
    No Skype, No FFC
    If those are priorities, then the BlackBerry is not for you
    I wish QNX BlackBerry would be released already. Not sure what top priorities are for a BlackBerry user these days...What their advantages again? LED only. Battery life seems to have suffered on the newest devices and that IS what many fanbois clung to!
    08-28-11 05:36 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD