I have 9780 with OS 6.0 and using BIS for mails (no BES).

I have four email accounts receiving on the phone, one of them I don't want to receive while I am in overseas or in weekend, how can I do this?

I know I could turn all the notifications off but still my phone is receiving the mails from that account, how can I completely disabled that account and receive it only if I want to (sort like turn it on / off).

Please help
    07-11-11 02:41 PM
    Remove that email address from your BIS account.
    07-11-11 02:44 PM
    PC, that would work, but I would then assume on Monday morning the OP would want the halted emails to then be retrieved on the device.
    07-11-11 03:10 PM
    PC, that would work, but I would then assume on Monday morning the OP would want the halted emails to then be retrieved on the device.
    So then the solution is .......?
    07-11-11 03:12 PM
    im not sure, ive searched the forums and dont see any option.
    07-11-11 03:15 PM
    im not sure, ive searched the forums and dont see any option.
    I didn't either. I don't think BIS email works that way; it's either on or off. Seriously, OP, you don't want emails on the weekend? How much difference does that make? Overseas: I can see minimizing the amount of data.
    07-11-11 03:16 PM
  7. T
    Go to your email set up or to your carrier's BIS site. Set up a filter. When you do that, there's an option of what to do when no filters apply. You can select "forward messages to device" or "do not forward messages to device."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 03:19 PM
    Just be aware that if you use the filter feature, the messages sent while that is active will NEVER be sent to the device even once you change it back.
    07-11-11 05:04 PM
  9. T
    Just be aware that if you use the filter feature, the messages sent while that is active will NEVER be sent to the device even once you change it back.
    This is especially important to take note of if you plan to set up this type of filter on your @carrier.blackberry.net email address!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 05:15 PM
    Well, sad to hear this I really do need the mails while the "do not forward is turn on".

The email I want to disabled temporarily is the mutual email account of my company, I still have to check the account as it may have some important mail, but in the overseas, I have my assistance checking it, so for saving the roaming data fee, I would like to disabled it, but after all, I would still like to check all the mails while I can access to WIFI, if I stop forwarding to device then I will miss the mails, this is not good...

And for the weekend, I just want to leave this mutual account behind, it's been bugging me for past five days (20-30 spam / ad mails per day)

Does any one have a better solution???
    07-12-11 01:56 PM
    Could you have your assistant forward the important emails after you turn the account back on?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-12-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD