Trying to buy a passport at Telus in canada. Customer survive
    Telus mobility-img_20140926_150123.png
    Telus mobility-img_20140926_150146.png

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:06 PM
    Looks like they have a long journey ahead of then.

I dropped into my nearby Telus store on Wednesday and they didn't have a working Passport. None of the 3 staff knew anything about the phone.

When they realized u was only interested in the Passport they walked away never to be heard from again. I guess it was better than a hard sell on an iPhone.

Would be nice for once if a Canadian carrier would support and promote BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:14 PM
    Twitter to their account. Please bring it to the public!
    We all need to know this bull****.

#BBFactCheck
    09-26-14 03:05 PM
    My local Telus store had a working demo right when the store opened. And they were gracious enough for let me play with it despite my telling the rep that I work for Bell and couldn't buy from him.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    09-26-14 03:09 PM
    Yeah, the one set up at the Telus store I went to was locked down and not turned on. Was shopping for a phone for my niece. The experience was, all the Wireless Waves, Virgin Mobile, Rogers and Bell booths had their displays powered on, all the Telus phones except one counter were powered off bricks.

It's a great way to keep your customers steered towards what you want to sell. Only power on the ones you want them to buy.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:10 PM
    I wasn't able to find a live one to play with, but the local Telus stores around here were more then happy to sell me one if I wanted. One had the plastic dummy unit. The others just had them in boxes.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:12 PM
    TELUS store employees work on commission and their commission is based on the no-term price. So if they sell you an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, they get more commission because the iPhones are priced higher. But TELUS employees cannot do this. In fact, TELUS has very strict guidelines on how their employees must conduct themselves and recommend a phone that meets a client's requirements. I encourage you to speak to the store manager or district manager and kudos on you for telling them what you did in that SMS.
    Kennedy.L likes this.
    09-26-14 03:18 PM
    I had a nice Telus guy who seemed excited that I was into Passport. He even looked up in his computer the specs so we can have a conversation. I'd go find him again to buy the phone next time.

Zoom Zoom Z30
    Kennedy.L likes this.
    09-26-14 03:24 PM
    Odd, my local Telus people seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. I was the first purchase.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:28 PM
    played with it yesterday had 5 different sales people hover over and watch than ask if they could try to move me to another device. was pretty annoyed i just wanted 5 mins to test it and make sure its what i was hoping for.
    09-26-14 03:29 PM
    I went to a couple of Telus stores and they had working models with reps who knew all about them.

Posted via Passport.
    09-26-14 03:34 PM
    I went to a couple of Telus stores and they had working models with reps who knew all about them.

Posted via Passport.
    I had the same experience. Working model and rep said they liked it. I spent about 15 minutes playing with the unit....love it!
    09-26-14 03:42 PM
    I went into my local Telus here in Toronto (Fairview Mall)... yesterday when I got to the store to finally play with this phone, people were standing around it. It appeared as though people were unsure and afraid of how to use the phone. So, myself, and 6 other people who had Blackberry's huddled around the very front of the store where the phone was, we were talking about the phone, playing with it, doing everything. It was mostly myself and this other guy who knew everything there was to know about the Passport, all the while, the Telus reps' kept coming over asking if WE needed help. HA! Please. They couldn't even touch us if they tried. We ended up selling maybe 3-5 phones in the 2 hours we stood at the front of that store playing with the phone. I turned on my Z30 and opened an Excel document to compare the width and real estate of what the Passport was capable of... man let me tell you how many people were impressed with that Passport. So, we made up a little group on BBM that when the "white" version is released, we will all return at the same time to buy it. P.S. I got a girl's BBM digits ^_^ sweet! ~Blackberry, once you go white you never get into a fight~
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-26-14 04:23 PM
    The best way for Blackberry to make a comeback is by selling directly and through Amazon. Blackberry is finally doing something right and they sold over 200,000 devices in first six hours. Screw the carriers, they just get too many incentives to sell Samsungs and iPhones.
    09-26-14 04:30 PM
    I went to the Yorkdale store yesterday, around 8 pm. They had a working unit running in demo mode, so somewhat limited in what I could do with it. I guess they don't want people calling anyone.

There were 2-3 other people interested in it, patiently waiting in line behind me. I didn't hog it and only took a few minutes to try typing and swiping on the keyboard.

A rep came over and asked me how I liked it. I said I loved the screen, but the muscle memory was all wrong for the keyboard. He laughed and said that they were sold out by noon, but were expecting more tomorrow. Didn't try to sell me anything else. So - no complaints, other than a stupid decision by the store manager to bring in too few units.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:50 PM
    The best way for Blackberry to make a comeback is by selling directly and through Amazon. Blackberry is finally doing something right and they sold over 200,000 devices in first six hours. Screw the carriers, they just get too many incentives to sell Samsungs and iPhones.
    Thanks. I did not know.
    09-26-14 09:25 PM