I have a phone with telus (lg keybo 2) and i can get a telus blackberry for 20$ which i want and can get, anyway i know if you break your phone you can go to walmart and buy any phone with telus and make it your new one, can i do the same with this one??
    07-28-12 05:25 PM
    You should not have a problem. As long as the blackberry is a Telus one or adleast unlocked.
    The only thing if I remember correct Telus will charge $35 to change your phone. Or$25 if you do it online. Also you will probably need to change your plan to a blackberry smart phone plan which could cost you more or less depending on your plan you have now.
    07-28-12 06:08 PM
    Awesome thanks!
    07-28-12 06:35 PM
    That's right, remember that you need a Blackberry data plan to use data with Blackberry.
    07-28-12 10:20 PM
    As long as it is a Telus device, you're correct, there is no problem switching your device no matter where you are procuring it from (though legal methods of course are safest ). From what I'm understanding, you're talking about if you accidentally break your phone and need to get a new one. You most certainly can do that, though there are a few things you'll want to consider before you just do that. First and foremost, if you are currently signing a contract to get this BlackBerry at $20, then I'd suggest considering tacking on the device protection to your plan. It means you don't have to pay as hefty a set of charges to both buy a new device and (potentially) do the early device upgrade fee if you want to get the better price on the new phone, instead it's just a set amount, you get the new phone, and you don't extend your contract any in the process. I'd consider that if you have a history of devices suddenly dying on you for non-warranty-covered reasons. On the other hand, there is also this to remember: if the new BlackBerry you are buying is one of the new HSPA devices (takes the sim card), then to the best of my knowledge you only pay a device swap fee of $25 when you sign a new term. Otherwise, if you are just buying a new phone outright to replace a broken one, just take out the sim from the broken one, insert into the new phone, and you're done. There should be no fees for this, at least there hasn't been any time I've done it to what I can recall.
    07-28-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD