Just received a call from a TELUS Rep telling me I was due for a phone upgrade, Z10 paid for and working fine. Which I told rep, who the proceeded to tell me that TELUS with be ending their support is OS10 shortly and my Z10 will not function after that time. Tried pushing him on time lines all he could say was shortly.

I think it was a scare tactics into me purchasing another phone from them, your thoughts

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 12:29 PM
    Just received a call from a TELUS Rep telling me I was due for a phone upgrade, Z10 paid for and working fine. Which I told rep, who the proceeded to tell me that TELUS with be ending their support is OS10 shortly and my Z10 will not function after that time. Tried pushing him on time lines all he could say was shortly.

I think it was a scare tactics into me purchasing another phone from them, your thoughts

Posted via CB10
    He is full of ****. You should have said you would upgrade shortly and ask him when the Mercury will be on their shelves .
    01-27-17 12:39 PM
    shady rep
    01-27-17 01:32 PM
    Most probably the rep means TELUS may not release future software releases for BB10.

But that's mostly a moot point given that BB10 likely won't see another software version release, BlackBerry may squeeze out 10.3.4 next year if that's possible given BB10's current status.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 02:12 PM
    Sounds like a rep who was suppose to call and see about locking you into a contract with a phone upgrade.

I suspect they have sales targets on getting new contracts signed up and scaring a BlackBerry user would be easy if you don't know details. Shows up strong on the earnings call when wireless "churn" is lower.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 03:47 PM
    If I can run my 9900 on Rogers, then Telus is fine I'm sure, go Canada!

BTW I see the Telus deals on new devices and I wish Rogers had plans and offers like you do.

The Rogers girl I talked to a little while back seemed to imply and reassure me that they will support BIS and Blackberry. She even remembered how to send the Service Books the last time I put the Sim into the Blackberry but she did tell me it was about a year since she had to do this before I called. She was great though.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 01-28-17 at 02:05 AM.
    01-28-17 01:47 AM
    Telus has ended their support for their BB10 app. Maybe the rep was confused. My local store still sells 9900's, so I don't think they're giving up BIS, either.

Sounds like Telus is competing with Rogers using Rogers' tactics.
    01-29-17 10:25 AM
    Telus has ended their support for their BB10 app. Maybe the rep was confused. My local store still sells 9900's, so I don't think they're giving up BIS, either.

Sounds like Telus is competing with Rogers using Rogers' tactics.
    If it was a cold call I'm sure they were just trying to scare him into a new phone.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-29-17 11:06 AM