This Christmas I am planning on getting the new blackberry torch for myself. Cousin says its awesome phone and every thing. I have been looking to resign my contract and I was looking at the Blackberry Social Plan. Basically the data plan is where I have my most concern. It says I get "Social Networking2
    Unlimited Facebook�, Twitter�, MySpace�, BlackBerry� Messenger and Windows LiveTM Messenger"

My question is that, how would I use these with out using the browser? Stupid question but I need to be aware of what i am getting my self into. Any one help me out with the blackberry and the social plans.

Please Its Christmas
    Last edited by Ankerstein69; 12-15-10 at 10:47 PM.
    12-15-10 10:23 PM
    these services are locked in broweser is not needed...having said that the only way you can go on the net is wifi......also apps like poynt ,the score etc...would not work as it requires a data plan ie: 500 mb etc....personally its abetter deal for an extra 5 bucks you can get the bb 50 plan it will give you better options ie:apps internet emaile..etc
    12-15-10 10:49 PM
    What do you mean by they are locked in the browser? Also with the social plan would I get unlimited access to the Blackberry app world?
    12-15-10 11:21 PM
    With the Social Plan, you will be using the apps associated with those Social Networking services.

You will not have access to the browser and you will not have access to BlackBerry App World.
    12-16-10 05:25 AM
    What do you mean by they are locked in the browser? Also with the social plan would I get unlimited access to the Blackberry app world?
    it means telus will give u acces to those apps IE:facebook,twitter,bbm,etc.....everything else requires a data plan.....be it 500mb,1 g or whatever
    12-16-10 06:15 AM
    Pretty much Telus has a set of unchangable rules it will push to your phone in ways of the 'Service Books'.

The 500mb data plan is only $5 more a month and will let you do whatever you want

I wouldn't box yourself in with the social networking plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD