I am old "42" and new to the blackberry. I have alltel service and was told I had gps with the phone with no extra charge. I later found out it required a $9.99 service charge with telenav and then all my programs worked fine. I did find amaze slower than telenav and the sound on amaze did not work properly. Windows live search worked fine. I just canceled telenav and lost use of the gps on my phone. They are some dirty dogs!! It now only triangulates between towers. Not very accurate. Can anyone tell me how to get the gps to work without an additional charge? bb8330
    01-04-09 03:04 PM
    ive tried this but it doesnt seem to want me to ever be on a freeway.
    other than that it was very helpful.
    any idea how i can change the freeway thing?
    i tried toggleing the "no freeway" button but that didnt help.
    what driving style is best?
    01-04-09 04:49 PM
    i am on site and can't find a way to download this. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone confirm that this is still available for downloading?

Thanks
    AmAze doesn't work at all on the Storm
    01-04-09 06:01 PM
    I am old "42" and new to the blackberry. I have alltel service and was told I had gps with the phone with no extra charge. I later found out it required a $9.99 service charge with telenav and then all my programs worked fine. I did find amaze slower than telenav and the sound on amaze did not work properly. Windows live search worked fine. I just canceled telenav and lost use of the gps on my phone. They are some dirty dogs!! It now only triangulates between towers. Not very accurate. Can anyone tell me how to get the gps to work without an additional charge? bb8330
    Not sure why they would cancel the GPS on your phone and lock it out, sounds like what VZW does.

OS 4.5 might be out for your phone and that seemed to unlock it for VZW users.
    01-05-09 08:21 AM
    AmAze doesn't work at all on the Storm
    I just installed the Storm version and works fine for me, just one small issue. Just placing your finger on an item selects it, not clicking on it. This causes not to be able to scroll , i'm sure they are working on it though. But everything else works and UI is nice and clean
    01-05-09 08:22 AM
    Not sure why they would cancel the GPS on your phone and lock it out, sounds like what VZW does.

OS 4.5 might be out for your phone and that seemed to unlock it for VZW users.
    I have downloaded the 4.5.0.89 before I tried the pay service Telenav with no luck but thanks anyways. I just got off the phone with alltel and they insist that I have to pay for a service for the gps to work. From all I have read on these forums I know that is not true.
    01-05-09 08:30 AM
    yeah im getting the error "sorry request is not included in your subscription" whenever i try to do anything. anyone else getting this?
    01-05-09 01:57 PM
    I was getting the 'not included in your subscription' and I emailed them. They replied in less than 1 day that they had tweaked my subscription settings and all was well. Not sure why this is required, but it did fix it.

Michael
    01-05-09 02:33 PM
    I found Telmap Navigator to be a close second only to Garmin Mobile.
    Garmin has the polished look and feel I was looking for.

I've tried Amaze & nav4all and removed both after a few days.

I am a Canadian Beta tester for Telmap and it works fine. Its lacking a few features that Garmin has, but its far better than those other 2.

I have not yet removed Telmap even though I own Garmin. Its always good to have a back up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 02:55 PM
    Someone posted this link in another thread and I thought others might like to try it out:

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    The only choices for the Country parameter are Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, South Africa and Other. Choosing Other gives you a new page saying slots for countries not listed are full. Also, the list of supported devices does not include the BB 8130.

Has anyone tried downloading Telmap using one of the current country choices? If yes, did the software come in English, and does it work in North America? Also, which "device" is the one for the BB 8130?

Thanks. Achtung, baby.

Elrohir59
    01-05-09 11:18 PM
    Selecting South Africa gives a download with UK English and US English options. Downloading now and will report after I get a chance to try it later.
    01-06-09 08:01 AM
    a question for storm owners.. the storm doesnt seem to be on the list of compatible fones.. which phone did you put it as? if that makes sense lol
    01-06-09 08:48 AM
    I found Telmap Navigator to be a close second only to Garmin Mobile. Garmin has the polished look and feel I was looking for.

I am a Canadian Beta tester for Telmap and it works fine. Its lacking a few features that Garmin has, but its far better than those other 2.

I have not yet removed Telmap even though I own Garmin. Its always good to have a back up.
    I suppose we all look for different things in a mobile satnav program.

Personally I like to be able to enter a Post Code (I am in the UK), and was quite impressed when Telmap then offered me a list of selectable addresses.

When I tried to do the same thing on Garmin though, it insisted on my entering a house number, and wouldn't accept just 0 or 1. If that's the case then Garmin will have to go I'm afraid.

What I would like to see though is landscape features such as rivers shown on the navigating map, which unfortunately isn't the case with Telmap.

I am now about to try out Telenav, to see how that compares, as I have heard some good reports about it.

Mind you, the fact that Telmap is currently free may have some bearing on my final choice!
    01-06-09 11:32 AM
    yeah im getting the error "sorry request is not included in your subscription" whenever i try to do anything. anyone else getting this?
    I just installed it and it worked great one time. Now I get the "sorry request is not included in your subscription." I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't help. I just emailed them and hope a settings adjustment as discussed in this thread will fix it. I thought the app worked well, although the sucky sound on my Curve made it hard to understand turn by turn directions.
    01-06-09 04:29 PM
    Just downloaded Telmap and tried it out. I REALLY like it as far as directions are concerned. It provides a very good 3-D map and is pretty accurate. I had previously tried Nav4All and Amaze and have since deleted them both. Telmap is the only one of the three that does not have problems with voice directions. It's strange, but Nav4All used to work on my 8330 until I tried running it at the same time as BBMaps to have voice directions as well as directions. Since then I can't get Nav4All or Amaze voice directions.

I also like the simpler, uncluttered screen, unlike Amaze. In addition, it's a lot faster. The only criticisms I have is the MapMe map is not very good and it failed to find most of the coffee shops where I live. All in all, I really like it.
    how do i download telmap @ my blackberry8330? is it free?
    01-07-09 05:23 PM
    Well i emailed them due to the fact i couldn't get a gps location. I was very surprised they email me back within a few days. Other 3rd party programs I've emailed and never got responses. I did finally get my location. Now i can't do anything, keeps saying this isn't included in my subscription. I emailed them back about this. Hopefully they'll let me know how to get this to work.
    I got a very timely email from them and i can now use the program. Very nice program so far. I'll most likely will be deleting Nav4All now.
    01-08-09 06:51 AM
    I just installed it and it worked great one time. Now I get the "sorry request is not included in your subscription." I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't help. I just emailed them and hope a settings adjustment as discussed in this thread will fix it. I thought the app worked well, although the sucky sound on my Curve made it hard to understand turn by turn directions.
    Ive also downloaded it and the same message has come up? Did you have any joy?
    01-08-09 10:56 AM
    They Sent out a email this morning about this problem. They have asked that you email them at [email protected] and they'll fix the problem. I would probley include you activation code in the email. Here's the email i recieved this morning

Hello,
    A recent hardware maintenance procedure has resulted in some issues with the Telmap Navigator activation system.

As a result some users may get have problems accessing the service with an error message that says �Request is not under your subscription package�.

We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If you having problems using Telmap Navigator please send me an email and I will reconfigure your activation code manually.

Regards

Roi
    01-08-09 11:12 AM
    Mine worked a few times yesterday and then gave me "Network timeout. Please check network settings and try again."

Other GPS apps still work fine. I did send an email and awaiting a reply.
    01-08-09 11:23 AM
    I get the same "request is not included in your subscription". Of course I chose a country which I do not live in so I don't think emailing for an activation code would be cool.
    01-08-09 03:10 PM
    I get the same "request is not included in your subscription". Of course I chose a country which I do not live in so I don't think emailing for an activation code would be cool.
    You email address has your country in it?
    01-08-09 05:58 PM
    Hi I'm brandnew to blackberry. I went to the telmap link posted earlier for beta and registered but the option for U.K. is no longer there. What country should I select. And it also asked for my street address. Is it gonna matter if I have a U.S. address but choose a country like the netherlands? Also I tried amaze and it said the server was busy and wouldn't let me download. Any other free GPS programs with voice turn by turn? Please help. Thank you.
    01-09-09 06:01 AM
    The UK option has indeed now been removed, which is a shame, so I can only assume that they now have enough UK 'testers'. This also happened for America some time earlier, but I suppose we can't really expect them to be giving it away what is in effect a commercial program 'free' for ever!

Does the 'Other' country option help at all?

P.S. Just realised that it is your first post... Welcome to CB 'cflo11'.
    01-09-09 06:28 AM
    Just select another country. I did that, US wasn't available when I clicked on the link and used the UK one.
    01-09-09 02:33 PM
    Finally I got telmaps to work. Select any country. Do not select other. Download. Then avitivate your phones GPS by starting built in GPS program. Leave program running, then start telmaps, and should be off running. Good luck.
    01-11-09 07:47 AM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD