So here I am waitng for a reply from Crackberry but.....NONE YET

So now I'm asking here:

How about a NON TECHNO section for us BB users who are lost as soon as someone says BIS or WAP or even DOWNLOAD

I have NO IDEA what is being said or told to do ,to correct or find something and I really would like to know what everyone was talking about most of the time.
    No way I can be the only TECHNO IMPAIRED on Crackberry

By the way.....Please don't refer me to the newbie stuff. I go there all the time and sorry but still am lost most of the time because no matter how innocently the help is offered . It always sneaks back into using techno talk
    08-04-08 02:50 PM
    No worry - just post your question. You can throw in a "talk to me like I've never heard of a computer before" or something.

Or if you don't understand, most CB'ers are more than happy to put things in non-techie lingo.
    08-04-08 02:55 PM
    Um....blackberrys are very technical. My only sugestion would be the 101 lecture series. They will tell you what WAP means (wireless access protocol) and BIS (Blackberry internet service). Its kind of a sharp learning curve at first but once you get used to it its no big deal. Crackberry will tell you all you need to know. Just don't get frustrated by all there is to learn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 02:55 PM
    You will figure out all the terms soon enough. It is important to know the correct name of things so we can help easier. I did not know what most of it meant in the beginning as well. After coming here for a little while you just figure it out. Good luck.

08-04-08 02:57 PM
    Well, my suggestion would be to google them up to find out what these terms mean. In this digital age, more and more synonyms are being used to make things shorter. Its just as in texting, everyone uses lol,rofl,omg to shorten words up. Its the same concept in technology, and things will get more and more like this as time goes on.
    Prob not the answer you were looking for, but that's just the way things go.
    08-04-08 02:58 PM
    SandAngel, no one here will get irritated at you for asking questions. If you're too embarrassed to ask, Google it (that's what I do)!
    08-04-08 03:00 PM
    LOl well it's not just the abbreviations it's EVERYTHING. pretty much all I know how to do with a computer is surf for what I'm looking for and with phone ...Welll pretty much the dumb basics your grandmother could do

And in case anyone is wonderig why someone like me HAS BB...all I can say is ....there was a great sale and I wanted to learn
    08-05-08 11:53 AM
    LOl well it's not just the abbreviations it's EVERYTHING. pretty much all I know how to do with a computer is surf for what I'm looking for and with phone ...Welll pretty much the dumb basics your grandmother could do

And in case anyone is wonderig why someone like me HAS BB...all I can say is ....there was a great sale and I wanted to learn
    And learn you will . Go ahead and ask questions as some have advised. In the heading just write what you are trying to do in plain English - and remember there are a lot of older people here who are tech savy.
    08-05-08 01:20 PM
    One suggestion, though; try to post in the correct forum, and make the title of your post clear. You will get more responses from a post titled "What's a 'cache' and how do I clear it?" than from one titled "help!!"

Also; most people on this forum are from North America, so your best chance of getting a quick reply is to post on weekdays during regular office hours.

Good luck!

08-05-08 02:09 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm going to have to ask a bunch of stupid questions and look like a dope Oh well it won't be the first time
    08-05-08 03:38 PM
    If it weren't for questions then we wouldn't have forum. no worries ask away!!!!

08-05-08 03:44 PM
    Aloha SandAngel,

I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same boat as you. There are things I would like to do with my BB but am afraid that I will get into something that I can't get myself out of. I have no clue as to how to upgrade the OS or even reinstall it etc. I have learned a lot from this webiste and it has been really really helpfull. Everyone has been so nice and I get an answer to my questions within minutes. Everyone has made me feel so welcome. I will continue to visit Crackberry daily and slowly but surely learn how to do more stuff to improve my BB experience. I have only scratched the surface but love my BB and wouldn't give it up.
    08-05-08 04:50 PM
    There is no stupid questions here. Everyone here was a newbie to blackberry at one point in time. Anyone here will help you the best they can and if they can't they will direct you to someone that can help you....welcome to crackberry.
    08-05-08 07:45 PM
    Also; most people on this forum are from North America, so your best chance of getting a quick reply is to post on weekdays during regular office hours.

Good luck!

Shouldn't they all be working? Just kidding, I rely on all of you! SandAngel, you will catch on, just remember to pay attention every now and then, I found that helps a lot. I learn something everyday!

Also, do not be afraid of the 'Search' function. I have been very close to posting a question and did a quick search and found the answer. Sometimes you can avoid the "dope" feeling! haha.
    Last edited by Twin13; 08-05-08 at 07:58 PM.
    08-05-08 07:54 PM
    Pay attention to people's advice and yes, read the newbie sections, and you'll be fluent in "techno talk" in no time.
    08-05-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD