If you tell me no because Sprint and VZW are CDMA You deserve a Slap in the face as soon as possible.

So what I am saying.
    If you had an Unlocked 9700, 9000, 9780, 8900, 9800, Etc etc.
    Could you Technically have it running on Sprint or Verizon's Global Networks?

If you slide a Sprint SIM into a 9700 in say... Britain, and you activated the global plan.
    Would it have a problem Connecting because the MEID is not registered with Sprint's Network?
    08-09-11 01:49 AM
    I'm not quite sure. SIMless CDMA devices cannot use sim cards, if you're talking about the ones with sim slots in them besides having primary CDMA hardware, it would work. But the 9700 wouldn't work on sprint/Verizon UNLESS they had SIM cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 03:00 AM
    I'm not quite sure. SIMless CDMA devices cannot use sim cards, if you're talking about the ones with sim slots in them besides having primary CDMA hardware, it would work. But the 9700 wouldn't work on sprint/Verizon UNLESS they had SIM cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not sure what you are saying. haha.
    What I mean is, If you bought a 9650, and called them to activate the SIM to work abroad, Could you use an Unlocked 9700 on it?

Oh wait I see what you are saying, So it could work right?
    08-09-11 12:07 PM
    you could not use it in US probably but i would think you could use it in other parts of the world as long as the radio bands match
    08-09-11 12:16 PM
    If you tell me no because Sprint and VZW are CDMA You deserve a Slap in the face as soon as possible.

So what I am saying.
    If you had an Unlocked 9700, 9000, 9780, 8900, 9800, Etc etc.
    Could you Technically have it running on Sprint or Verizon's Global Networks?

If you slide a Sprint SIM into a 9700 in say... Britain, and you activated the global plan.
    Would it have a problem Connecting because the MEID is not registered with Sprint's Network?
    hmm...I've read some posts where people said the Sprint SIM card for roaming abroad worked on other phones for them....not sure though if they'd do an IMEI check on your 9700 to see if it'd be allowed but you could give it a try. Technically it should work I mean a Blackberry is a Blackberry
    08-09-11 12:35 PM
    The Sprint SIM is for international roaming. It does not work on US networks.
    08-09-11 12:43 PM
    The Sprint SIM is for international roaming. It does not work on US networks.
    "If you slide a Sprint SIM into a 9700 in say... Britain, and you activated the global plan."
    08-09-11 01:22 PM
    "If you slide a Sprint SIM into a 9700 in say... Britain, and you activated the global plan."
    If you like paying too much for your BB use I guess it could work.
    08-09-11 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD