Hello Folks,
    I have a little complicated situation maybe someone can help me!
    I have an iPhone 4 with Data PLan from ATT and I also got a Blackberry Tour from Sprint, with no contract/plan.
    I want to use BBM.
    Is it correct that if I call ATT and switch my Data plan over to a BlackBerry Data plan, that
    a) My iphone simcard will fit into my Blackberry tour and I'll be able to use BBM and calling and Texting from the BB?
    b) I can switch back and forth to my iPhone and still have all the features like Data texting and Phoning when I put the SIMcard back into the iPhone?
    Is it right that all of this should work?
    Thanks in Advance!
    09-05-11 08:07 PM
    You will need a SIM card adapter, as the iPhone 4 uses a micro SIM.
    09-05-11 08:14 PM
    You will need a SIM card adapter, as the iPhone 4 uses a micro SIM.
    So If I use an adapter, the Blackberry Messenger will work too?
    09-05-11 08:16 PM
    You will need to get a sim card adapter from ebay. Yes, BBM will work once you switch to the BB Data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 10:23 PM
    You will need to get a sim card adapter from ebay. Yes, BBM will work once you switch to the BB Data plan.

And my iPhone will work with that Blackberry Data plan too?
    09-06-11 03:16 PM
    And my iPhone will work with that Blackberry Data plan too?
    From my experience, yes, it should. I tested my brother's 3GS with my SIM when he was sleeping and it used data like normal, no issues at all.

09-06-11 04:13 PM
    Hold on everybody! Wont he need to unlock his Tour first? They are on different networks! iPhone being on AT&T and Tour being on Sprint. Sprint (As far as I know as im in Canada, no Sprint here!) uses CDMA phones, but seeing as their Tour is the 9630 it also supports GSM and does indeed accept a SIM card. So therefor unlocking would be his only choice to get the phone working.... Im not familiar with unlocking phones as Ive never done it before so dont chew my head off if im wrong! But its just a thought.
    09-06-11 04:14 PM
    IIRC, Sprint BB's, starting with the 9630, are already unlocked. I am almost sure of this. I know that their 9650 is, but I am almost positive that the 9630 was as well.
    DannyJK likes this.
    09-06-11 04:21 PM
    IIRC, Sprint BB's, starting with the 9630, are already unlocked. I am almost sure of this. I know that their 9650 is, but I am almost positive that the 9630 was as well.
    Ah! I see! Thank you for informing me!
    09-06-11 04:24 PM
    So I can be sure that if I shift over to a BlackBerry Data Plan, I'll be instantly able to use BBM and still have the possibility to switch to my iPhone and use it as I do now?
    09-06-11 10:18 PM
    Bump! Can someone confirm?
    09-11-11 02:59 PM
  12. T
    Looks like Rootbrian confirmed it. He said he tried it, and it works.

09-11-11 03:51 PM
    So I can be sure that if I shift over to a BlackBerry Data Plan, I'll be instantly able to use BBM and still have the possibility to switch to my iPhone and use it as I do now?
    Yes but if you are using att sim card on a Blackberry from other carrier then att you should unlock your Blackberry and also update the service book on your device for it to work on att and your BIS.
    09-11-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD