I already posted a thread regarding my problem but until now, I can't solve it..
    I have z10. my old phone is bb8520. We have two laptops at home. The wifi works perfectly fine. bb8520 and the two laptops can connect to the wifi flawlessly... no problem at all... On the other hand, my z10 connects with the wifi in our school. The man from the phone store tested it with their wifi and it also connected.

However, when I tried connecting my z10 with my wifi at home, it says connected but when I try to open the browser, there is an error saying, "couldn't resolve the host name"... Can anyone, especially TECHIE people, help me with this very big problem. I can't update software because it requires wifi connection. I can't download games with large size because it requires wifi connection.

PLEASE...
    04-24-13 04:20 PM
    Please post your wifi router make and model.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:30 PM
    Weird. Try deleting the network then reconnecting it. If you have a WEP, make sure you enter the right password as inputting a wrong one, your device will still save the network, however, with a wrong password it will not connect.
    04-24-13 04:30 PM
    Please post your wifi router make and model. - D-LINK model: DSL-2740B

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:32 PM
    Weird. Try deleting the network then reconnecting it. If you have a WEP, make sure you enter the right password as inputting a wrong one, your device will still save the network, however, with a wrong password it will not connect.
    This is really really really weird.. and I already feel soooo upset... I entered the correct WEP key.. it says connected but I can't access the internet.. to be sure, I deleted it in my list of "SAVED network"... I re entered the correct password.. but still no LUCK...
    04-24-13 04:35 PM
    Ok, please delete the one you already connected to. Next, try manually adding the connection. Click add at the bottom. Try wpa2 personal and type in your password.

If you are still having trouble, connect the way you were successful originally and in wifi app, click on advanced. You can see log information there and other diagnostic results. Hopefully, that may give some clues.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:41 PM
    This is really really really weird.. and I already feel soooo upset... I entered the correct WEP key.. it says connected but I can't access the internet.. to be sure, I deleted it in my list of "SAVED network"... I re entered the correct password.. but still no LUCK...
    Can you do anything with phone when it's connected to that wifi, that needs Internet, like send email or bbm?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-24-13 04:43 PM
    Ok, please delete the one you already connected to. Next, try manually adding the connection. Click add at the bottom. Try wpa2 personal and type in your password. - DID THIS and got the SAME "ERROR: Couldn't resolve the host name"

If you are still having trouble, connect the way you were successful originally and in wifi app, click on advanced. You can see log information there and other diagnostic results. Hopefully, that may give some clues. - TRIED this as well... results below..

photos attached:

TECHIE PEOPLE: I badly need you!! =(-img_00000240.jpg
    TECHIE PEOPLE: I badly need you!! =(-img_00000239.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:59 PM
    Can you do anything with phone when it's connected to that wifi, that needs Internet, like send email or bbm?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    I can send bbm... but cannot access browser, bb world..
    04-24-13 05:01 PM
    This is a long shot, but do you have any additional security setup on your router? Perhaps filtering by MAC address?

Posted from my Dev Alpha C via CB10
    04-24-13 05:07 PM
    This is a long shot,- I know... but please do try helping me out here.. but do you have any additional security setup on your router? Perhaps filtering by MAC address?- nope.. just the wep key.. (if this is what you mean)

Posted from my Dev Alpha C via CB10
    04-24-13 05:11 PM
    Try changing the 'Channel' setting within the router. Change it to 11 if it's 11 then change it to 6.

Delete the saved wifi. Restart the phone. Search for wifi and connect..

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    04-24-13 05:14 PM
    Channel will be under wireless settings in router

04-24-13 05:15 PM
    i had this and it turned out to be the WEP key, there are two, you need the longer one
    04-24-13 05:17 PM
    Check and make sure if your WEP key has CAPS that you are putting them in when you are retyping it.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Last edited by stots; 04-24-13 at 05:40 PM.
    04-24-13 05:18 PM
    Try to change the Encryption to TKIP.
    04-24-13 05:23 PM
    Turn off the security on the router, then reset the router. Delete the wifi profile from your Z and restart it. Then try to connect.

If that doesn't work, change the bands of the router, if you can, while the security settings are off. Then try again.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:25 PM
    I already posted a thread regarding my problem but until now, I can't solve it..
    I have z10. my old phone is bb8520. We have two laptops at home. The wifi works perfectly fine. bb8520 and the two laptops can connect to the wifi flawlessly... no problem at all... On the other hand, my z10 connects with the wifi in our school. The man from the phone store tested it with their wifi and it also connected.

However, when I tried connecting my z10 with my wifi at home, it says connected but when I try to open the browser, there is an error saying, "couldn't resolve the host name"... Can anyone, especially TECHIE people, help me with this very big problem. I can't update software because it requires wifi connection. I can't download games with large size because it requires wifi connection.

PLEASE...
    Navigate to your router's setup page, find the "N" setting and turn it off. Use a/b/g but not N.
    04-24-13 05:27 PM
    Channel will be under wireless settings in router
    Channel is in AUTO.. should I change anything?
    04-24-13 05:38 PM
    Check and make sure if your WEP key has CAPS that you are putting them in when you are retyping it.

My WEP key is all in CAPS... and I've done this re-entering hundred times already... and still.........................

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-24-13 05:41 PM
    Try to change the Encryption to TKIP.
    Please tell me how.. =(
    04-24-13 05:43 PM
    Another thing you could try is to connect a friends phone/laptop/etc to see if the router allows it. Just make sure that device has never been connected in the past. If it can't then something from the router is preventing it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:50 PM
    Another thing you could try is to connect a friends phone/laptop/etc to see if the router allows it. Just make sure that device has never been connected in the past. If it can't then something from the router is preventing it.

Posted via CB10
    thanks I will surely try that..
    04-24-13 06:15 PM
    Turn off the security on the router, then reset the router. Delete the wifi profile from your Z and restart it. Then try to connect. - DID this... turned off the security.. reset router. deleted the save profile network in Z and restarted... then connected again to wifi and nothing happened... =(

If that doesn't work, change the bands of the router, if you can, while the security settings are off. Then try again. --- how to change bands??

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:29 PM
    Navigate to your router's setup page, find the "N" setting and turn it off. Use a/b/g but not N.
    the "Z" should be an "n" device,,, just sayin'...
    04-24-13 07:00 PM
66 123