I'm sure i am not the only CrackBerry reader whose come across some well known tech sites with a distinctly negative approach to all things RIM and BlackBerry however i've recently been noticing more and more just how inaccurate these reportings/news pieces are. I'll admit RIM have had a fair share of issues but some of these news stories which are out there are so inaccurate that if i didnt know the facts or truth I'd be inclined to believe them or at the very least have little faith in the company - if only due to the sheer volume of them.

What i'm interested in finding out is if we as CrackBerry nation can club together (or pester Kevin & co) to get someone to either contact these sites with the correct information or comment in the posts with the correct info. Maybe one CrackBerry account or we could use a hashtag in every post? Perhaps if enough of us comment in the articles with corrections we can start to see a shift in attitudes toward BlackBerry.

It's the basics of an idea but with Thorston Heins reaching out to us for feedback and wanting to improve things - why can't we help with it by correcting the common misconceptions on tech sites we probably ready visit and read anyway?

For a prime example of why I'm suggesting this look no further than the Gizmodo UK website brutalising RIM over the #BeBold infographic. It's not even a news article it's just pure slander!

For the record I'm not suggesting fanboy bating, slander or anything remotely similar - just clarification of the correct facts.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    01-31-12 04:17 PM
    Engadget is HORRIBLE when it comes to this.

they destroyed the Bold Team poster and said that RIM needs more than superheroes to help them... there are a few people starting to stand up for RIM and BB/PB on the site, but otherwise people are just trolling or honestly believe what they are being fed.

It is REALLY sad to see how amazingly untrue the 'facts' are that they post and people take as truth.
    fearlessfurby likes this.
    01-31-12 04:39 PM
    Engadget is HORRIBLE when it comes to this.

they destroyed the Bold Team poster and said that RIM needs more than superheroes to help them... there are a few people starting to stand up for RIM and BB/PB on the site, but otherwise people are just trolling or honestly believe what they are being fed.

It is REALLY sad to see how amazingly untrue the 'facts' are that they post and people take as truth.
    Exactly my point, I think CrackBerry Nation needs to band together and correct these errors! If enough of us do it... maybe things will change!
    01-31-12 04:49 PM
    As michael jackson fox says in a movie " In the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone"
    01-31-12 09:09 PM
    I Get it but, its hard enough defending the truths right here on CB. I like the cut of your gib fearlessfurby. I look forward to suporting the future defending of the truth with you right here. When we regain this battle field others will take notice.
    Truthfully though, I always correct the BS I see in the media. As much I can. Good luck.
    And Welcome to CB.
    01-31-12 10:49 PM
    The exact same bashers may become the evangelists of tomorrow ...
    Engadget about CB leaked "London" phone : "All or nothing, Thorsten Heins? We like your gusto -- bring on the black unicorn."

Note also the comments, over the 4 pages I read ... mostly enthusiastic !
    fearlessfurby likes this.
    02-01-12 02:47 AM
    Cheers Dapper37 looking forward to getting stuck in on the forums (and correcting the facts!)

Superfly_FR i agree, they're a fickle bunch!

I'm going to keep this thread updated with links to any incorrect articles that we can correct.

Cheers for the welcome and responses though guys - very much appreciated!
    02-02-12 01:51 PM
    We have a hard enough time trying to front our own site right here in crackberry land.

I understand and appreciate your unwillingness to go out there and get them, bit what it will take is making awesome hardware and QNX wowing .....until then and unfortunately, these blog sites will keep crapping on what we stand by, use and abuse.

I just ignore it and hope that RIM gets back on track and again wows a lot of folks, so we can get on as a great Community without all the knuckleheads!

Yes, I say that using an Android ......still love BB!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    02-02-12 03:16 PM
    @fearlessfurby
    I know you want to do good, but ... be advised that, by doing so, you make their (bad blogs) search engine ranking going up ... Crackberry is very well SEO (search engine optimized), so that the bad press benefits of its aura ...
    Anyway, thanks for your loyalty !
    02-02-12 05:04 PM
    Do you actually think anyone would care? The people writing those articles are probably slanted toward one OS. They don't care. Why don't you just ignore it?

Articles are not going to stop the Blackberry exodus. The new CEO can't save RIM. What is done is done. They have very little time left before they are irrelevant in the marketplace as more people shift away from their business model. (Three of my relatives left BB to iPhone in the last week!)

The only thing that can save RIM now is an awesome, delivered on-time, BB10 phone that incorporates everything that Android and iPhone users already have and then some. With them already lacking in the app dept and the Playbook failure I highly doubt this will happen. Until that day comes you will continue to see articles like this...

BlackBerry still losing market share - Washington Business Journal
    02-02-12 05:17 PM
    The exact same bashers may become the evangelists of tomorrow ...
    Engadget about CB leaked "London" phone : "All or nothing, Thorsten Heins? We like your gusto -- bring on the black unicorn."

Note also the comments, over the 4 pages I read ... mostly enthusiastic !
    agreed... but wait until the release and 1 thing isnt 100% and then it is the PB all over again.

like i said, they are mostly on the anti-PB side but im not sure about BB hardware bc i tend not to read those articles as i own an iPhone (but will probably be making the switch to BB with the new releases)
    02-02-12 05:21 PM
    As michael jackson fox says in a movie " In the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone"
    Love that!!

He also said:

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror
    I'm asking him to change his ways
    And no message could have been any clearer
    If you wanna make the world a better place
    Take a look at yourself and then make a change"
    02-02-12 05:39 PM
    The Emperor has no clothes? Its almost like the people who run the afore mentioned website never really look into or touch any new devices. They just go by what a select few say about new devices and then write pages about everything based on hearsay. But its amazing that somehow the huge ship of ignorance is in fact turning around. I still have to say selling Playbook at a loss was the turning point. Even skeptics bought one with the excuse that "it was so cheap, even if it blows I haven't lost much". And were shocked to find out it that it is an extremely capable and well built machine. So many out there now getting seen and shared with non believers. I know it is only going to get better. Go Rim! Take us home.
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-02-12 at 09:43 PM.
    02-02-12 09:41 PM
    Who cares what some random blogger at engadget or bgr says? Becoming a blogger does not require a college degree, any certifications, or even modest knowledge of proper English grammar. The funny thing about tech bloggers is they are even more biased than most readers. That's a generalization of course as there are certainly some very smart and insightful bloggers, but you get the point. Have you ever read through Rene Ritchie's blogs at imore.com? Ridiculous prejudice going on there.

RIM needs to take control of their own company with aggressive, targeted, creative advertising. With a stronger sales force. With shorter time-to-market with innovative products. Commenting on a blog article is not going to make a blip on consumers' smartphone radar.
    02-02-12 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD