Sometimes, it's good to come up with new ideas and avoid the rumors circulating around a new product to be offered, but when the rumor sounds good, why ditch it? There have been several rumors that came in last year before blackberry10 was launched this year. Some of which include;
    1. Software name BBX: this was a fantastic name to associate with a software. BlackBerry10 sounds wack, doesn't stick in people's minds and lips and doesn't even fit a software name.
    2. Lack of branded blackberry applications: before the voice control app was talked about being added to BlackBerry10, the crackberry team were even suggesting and asking people for a perfect name for it. Again, blackberry ignored this and simply, left it like that, naming it voice control. We all know it's voice control. Siri is a voice control app, but the name Siri in itself boast up to the competition. Google named theirs Google voice, blackberry cannot do the same and it amazes me. All these little factors we ignore, play a very significant role in how a smartphone is advertised. Apple markets all its individual apps and that's a good marketing point. For some reason, as am writing this, am beginning to get fed up with blackberry. They are not hip, they don't listen, and their sense of who their target customers is, to me, it quite unknown. These same business folks you think you aspire to cater for are now transcending to the youth to go with the trends of today. They use snapchat and all in wallstreet. Maybe it's time they invest in research. No wonder Research in Motion is no more.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    07-01-13 03:21 PM
    The kids don't use the term "wack" anymore. Hence why BBRY is failing in marketing and why you might be out of touch with the youth sector.

BBRY needz to turnt their shiz.

Posted via CB10
    robkd likes this.
    07-01-13 04:28 PM
    Sometimes, it's good to come up with new ideas and avoid the rumors circulating around a new product to be offered, but when the rumor sounds good, why ditch it? There have been several rumors that came in last year before blackberry10 was launched this year. Some of which include;
    1. Software name BBX: this was a fantastic name to associate with a software. BlackBerry10 sounds wack, doesn't stick in people's minds and lips and doesn't even fit a software name.
    2. Lack of branded blackberry applications: before the voice control app was talked about being added to BlackBerry10, the crackberry team were even suggesting and asking people for a perfect name for it. Again, blackberry ignored this and simply, left it like that, naming it voice control. We all know it's voice control. Siri is a voice control app, but the name Siri in itself boast up to the competition. Google named theirs Google voice, blackberry cannot do the same and it amazes me. All these little factors we ignore, play a very significant role in how a smartphone is advertised. Apple markets all its individual apps and that's a good marketing point. For some reason, as am writing this, am beginning to get fed up with blackberry. They are not hip, they don't listen, and their sense of who their target customers is, to me, it quite unknown. These same business folks you think you aspire to cater for are now transcending to the youth to go with the trends of today. They use snapchat and all in wallstreet. Maybe it's time they invest in research. No wonder Research in Motion is no more.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry couldn't brand their OS as BBX because a company called BASIS International Ltd already owned it.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry_Pwner likes this.
    07-01-13 04:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not all about youth. I agree with you on the point of not having a sense of
    who their customers are/can be. It just feels like when you see Thornsten
    Heins sitting down and talking that I just can't relate to the guy. When I see
    video of Jony Ive sitting down in jeans and a t-shirt, I feel like I can sit and
    have a beer with the guy. I don't care that Heins doesn't wear a tie sometimes
    and opens the collar on his suit jacket. Feels too buttoned up.

I don't know who Blackberry's advertising agency is. All I know is when they
    tried to be hip in the past with those God awful BBM commercials, they fai-
    led miserably. I don't know if they have a new agency as of now. But the
    marketing just sucks. I know people are clamoring for some celebrity. It
    can't just be some nitwit like Justin Belber or whatever that lil caca's name
    is. Just someone who not only people in their 20's can relate to. But even
    in their 30's. John Legend or someone like that. Someone that doesn't have
    some kind of tainted past in the public eye and appeals to many audiences.
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-01-13 04:42 PM
    Still blackberry could have come out with a better name than BB10. Skip BBX, what of OsX. That's even perfect. Apples is iOs, OsX, sounds way cooler. They not thinking deep.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:31 PM
    X sounds too cliqued in itself too.
    07-07-13 01:54 AM
    Don't care about the name... Care more on the function.

It's just like saying "good" but its bad inside. Making it simple is better.

Kids /sigh.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:25 AM
    . ........sorry messed up
    07-07-13 02:48 AM
    It's not all about youth. I agree with you on the point of not having a sense of
    who their customers are/can be. It just feels like when you see Thornsten
    Heins sitting down and talking that I just can't relate to the guy. When I see
    video of Jony Ive sitting down in jeans and a t-shirt, I feel like I can sit and
    have a beer with the guy. I don't care that Heins doesn't wear a tie sometimes
    and opens the collar on his suit jacket. Feels too buttoned up.

I don't know who Blackberry's advertising agency is. All I know is when they
    tried to be hip in the past with those God awful BBM commercials, they fai-
    led miserably. I don't know if they have a new agency as of now. But the
    marketing just sucks. I know people are clamoring for some celebrity. It
    can't just be some nitwit like Justin Belber or whatever that lil caca's name
    is. Just someone who not only people in their 20's can relate to. But even
    in their 30's. John Legend or someone like that. Someone that doesn't have
    some kind of tainted past in the public eye and appeals to many audiences.
    Heinz not wearing a tie with the top button undone is too buttoned up?

If ur asking for a shirt half undone and his trousers down to his knees I think I'll take thorsten dressed smartly any day thank you very much

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-07-13 04:52 AM
    Heinz not wearing a tie with the top button undone is too buttoned up?

If ur asking for a shirt half undone and his trousers down to his knees I think I'll take thorsten dressed smartly any day thank you very much

I don't think that is what he meant. I read it as, and agree, that Mr. Heins, in speech, manner of dress and deportment comes off as overly formal and thereby reinforcing the view of BlackBerry as "grandads phone" ....old, reliable but ultimately unexciting.
    07-07-13 11:18 AM
    I should have said STILL feels buttoned up at the end of that first paragraph. I'm not saying that I want people in power of big companies to dress up like slobs, but, I find the way people dress to be relatable to younger people. It's a statement so-to-speak.

There are certain things in life where you don't give a rip whether the person working for you is relatable or not. Like an attorney. I wouldn't ever want to walk into my attorney's office and not see him/her dressed up in a suit and on edge to handle my money/case or whatever he/she is handling. When it comes to technology, I like to see that the people who are working towards making a product better are more comfortable. Think Steve Jobs wearing the jeans and mock neck.
    07-07-13 03:08 PM
    That is your opinion. I much prefer the BB10 than the BBX and especially the OsX.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 05:38 PM
    damn yo, das wack.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 06:31 PM
    The kids don't use the term "wack" anymore. Hence why BBRY is failing in marketing and why you might be out of touch with the youth sector.

BBRY needz to turnt their shiz.

Posted via CB10
    Useless post. Off topic and a few other rude things.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-07-13 08:04 PM
    Still blackberry could have come out with a better name than BB10. Skip BBX, what of OsX. That's even perfect. Apples is iOs, OsX, sounds way cooler. They not thinking deep.

Posted via CB10
    Really osx? Like as in Mac OSX? You think apple might allow BlackBerry to use that? Heh.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-07-13 08:24 PM
    Really osx? Like as in Mac OSX? You think apple might allow BlackBerry to use that? Heh.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Didn't even know apple had it. Well, at least the last guy who said he didn't like OsX can know apple already has it. All i meant was BB10 doesn't sound and fit a software name Imo. They need to try better. Thanks for the correction

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:39 PM
    I find it stupid that they refuse to use celebs as so many use BB's and love them.
    07-07-13 08:48 PM
    bbry needs to get turnt up
    07-07-13 08:59 PM
    Didn't even know apple had it. Well, at least the last guy who said he didn't like OsX can know apple already has it. All i meant was BB10 doesn't sound and fit a software name Imo. They need to try better. Thanks for the correction

Posted via CB10
    Yes, well you parallel bb, except you're a young man and bb is supposed to be an international corporation with years of experience, yet they also could not be bothered to google "bbx" before making fools of themselves.
    07-07-13 09:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    What about QNX then. QNX Neutrino. Kool enuf?
    07-08-13 12:20 AM
    What about QNX then. QNX Neutrino. Kool enuf?
    That sounds like a software name to me but that's a software on its own, thus blackberry couldn't use it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:33 AM
    This thread contains a hint of aged cheddar.

Posted on my Q10.......while on the can
    07-08-13 07:35 AM
    This thread contains a hint of aged cheddar.

Posted on my Q10.......while on the can
    And probably a couple of people who think Selena Gomez has talent.
    07-08-13 08:45 AM