The more I use and learn my black berry curve, the more I mad I get a Telus, I have a 8330, on the slower tdma net work, my phone is hic cuping using the internat browser, its by far quicker on my wi fi, but its to slow getting information from web pages.

with my limited ability in getting with the times, I find apple I phone + andriod phones kick the curve to the crurb.!!

What Can I do?

I tried bolt, but that browser is hit and miss.

I'm running the updated 5.0 browser, catch (sp wrong ) is clear, all browser, cookie info is clear...

I'm new to the blackberry world and just get the wrong net work and the wrong blackberry.
    11-01-10 09:45 PM
    How are you using an 8330 curve with wifi? I wasn't aware they ever released that model with it?
    11-01-10 11:46 PM
    I may have the wrong model number, its a curve that has the track pad, not the track ball, I have a 8530, just checked
    11-01-10 11:53 PM
    I may have the wrong model number, its a curve that has the track pad, not the track ball, I have a 8530, just checked
    Ahh ok. Well, that Curve is like the previous Curve in that they are both EVDO Rev 0. This is an older, slower standard. The 8330 and 8530 are some of the last devices manufactured anywhere with this standard, instead of EVDO Rev A, the current standard.

Basically what all that means is that your device running at a lower speed when on the cellular network is a hardware limitation and can only be corrected by switching to a Rev A device (current Storm, Tour, 9650 Bold or I think there's a new Rev A curve out, the 9330 maybe) or iPhone or Android devices. The 8330 and 8530 Curves were just behind the times with regard to that...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 11-02-10 at 12:10 AM.
    11-02-10 12:07 AM
    if it's slow, contact telus and have them fix it via their tech support. That is what I had to do because my 8130 used to be horribly slower, but now it's blazing fast (that was before I got the 9700), so it doesn't hurt to give them a phone call to correct things on their side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 06:13 AM
    Yep. To the OP, you purchased a lower-end, less feature-enhanced model.

If you want higher features, you need to purchase a higher featured model.
    11-02-10 06:50 AM
    I'm one year into my contract with this phone, 400.00 to get out, Telus is marketing old junk that no one else carrys, Now I'm not mad with black berry, I just got the wrong phone on the wrong net work, Telus is selling thease curves like hot cakes.

I'm considring the torch, but it will not be with telus, I will try thier tech support and wait on hold ....
    11-02-10 10:02 PM
    I'm one year into my contract with this phone, 400.00 to get out, Telus is marketing old junk that no one else carrys, Now I'm not mad with black berry, I just got the wrong phone on the wrong net work, Telus is selling thease curves like hot cakes.

I'm considring the torch, but it will not be with telus, I will try thier tech support and wait on hold ....
    What? A lot of companies were and still probably are selling the 8530, at least until the 9330 came out a short time ago.

Besides, as a consumer, it's your responsibility for being informed about the features/drawbacks to anything you purchase.
    11-03-10 06:49 AM
    The 8530 is not "old junk". It's just a low-end device.

It's always advisable and 100% the buyer's responsibility to do research BEFORE purchasing a device such as this. It's not at all the carrier's fault.
    11-03-10 06:54 AM
    The 8530 is not "old junk". It's just a low-end device.

It's always advisable and 100% the buyer's responsibility to do research BEFORE purchasing a device such as this. It's not at all the carrier's fault.
    I would be verry happy to have my non email sumsung flip phone back. Trying to keep up with all the new andriod, apple I phone 4 and the blackberry models when your happy with a rotery dail land line phone, pretty much explains my knowledge of black berrys.

On the plus side, blackberrys are going to improve by the time I replace my low end device...
    11-05-10 11:51 PM
    I would be verry happy to have my non email sumsung flip phone back. Trying to keep up with all the new andriod, apple I phone 4 and the blackberry models when your happy with a rotery dail land line phone, pretty much explains my knowledge of black berrys.

On the plus side, blackberrys are going to improve by the time I replace my low end device...
    If you wanted to keep up with Androids, Apples, or whatever, that's what you should have done. Maybe see if you can find a used something else for cheap to activate instead...
    11-06-10 12:53 AM
    Telus tech support told me that a bb torch on a 3g net work would run 10 x faster than my curve.
    I like my bb curve, but its to slow to browse web pages.
    I'm paying the same datta plan to run a slower phone on a slower net work than a bb torch user is using.
    11-06-10 11:59 AM
    Ok. But you chose the device you purchased.

If I purchase a Ford Fiesta, it's not going to run as fast as a Maserati even though I am paying the same amount for the gasoline I am putting in the tank.
    11-06-10 01:10 PM
    so, I'm stuck with a Ford Fiesta, and every ones going quicker and faster, lets get back to the orginal question, can I throw a turbo into my lower end little gery blackberry Fiesta and get a little more zip out of this phone?

All curve owners might want to know as well, not just me, and all you smart people had to start somewhere with your blackberrys, Thiers a Fiesta in each and every one of you..
    11-06-10 02:44 PM
    so, I'm stuck with a Ford Fiesta, and every ones going quicker and faster, lets get back to the orginal question, can I throw a turbo into my lower end little gery blackberry Fiesta and get a little more zip out of this phone?

All curve owners might want to know as well, not just me, and all you smart people had to start somewhere with your blackberrys, Thiers a Fiesta in each and every one of you..
    Sorry. You are limited by the hardware constraints. If you want a faster device, you will need a different model.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-06-10 03:16 PM

To quote myself ....

... you purchased a lower-end, less feature-enhanced model.

If you want higher features, you need to purchase a higher featured model.
    11-06-10 03:52 PM
    I don't want more features, I want a quicker phone, if quicker is not possible, or quicker is a feature I don't have, or the curve can't be tweaked to be quicker, than the curve is a dead issue for me, I will buy out my contract with Telus, and go else where for a BB torch.

Thanks.
    11-06-10 03:59 PM
    I don't want more features, I want a quicker phone, if quicker is not possible, or quicker is a feature I don't have, or the curve can't be tweaked to be quicker, than the curve is a dead issue for me, I will buy out my contract with Telus, and go else where for a BB torch.

Thanks.
    Your only solution is to purchase a different device. Make sure you do your homework, though. If you get a faster device on a carrier with poor signal in your area, you will have something even less functional.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-06-10 04:09 PM
    A "quicker phone" is equivalent to "more/higher features".

You purchased a device with a lower "horsepower" engine. It's going to run more slowly.

That's just the way it is.
    11-06-10 05:09 PM
    I looked at the torch, and intial impressions are the torch looks more complex to use, but graphics and bling are impressive, as is the bigger screan area vers my curve.
    bell mobility claims to have the faster network in canada.
    11-06-10 10:09 PM
    I looked at the torch, and intial impressions are the torch looks more complex to use, but graphics and bling are impressive, as is the bigger screan area vers my curve.
    bell mobility claims to have the faster network in canada.
    Bell operates Bell/Telus' network in the east and Telus runs it in the west.

Bell and Telus' hspa networks were built by both and overlap each other, as they still share wherever one company doesn't have coverage.

So that's just marketing fluff.

Just like how Telus says it has the largest coverage in Canada when it shares its network with Bell. :\
    11-06-10 10:47 PM
    So your pretty muuch screwed with Bell, Telus, or Roggers?

I knew telus and bell shared cell towers, my old sumsung cell phone would default to Bell when traveling.
    11-07-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD