https://www.tclusa.com/blog/an-even-brighter-future

Does anyone know if this will impact the phone division?
    12-11-18 05:25 PM
    Probably won't. BlackBerry Mobile is effectively ran as their own division and I mean, they laid it out in the post anyway. That was the point of the post, to quell concerns.

There’s been news circulating today about restructuring that encompasses TCL’s TV, mobile, and home appliance businesses. Simply put, this is an effort to reorganize the company so that the branded group (TCL Electronics) can be better at doing what it does best – developing consumer-facing product – while at the same time ensuring that the group that creates components and semiconductors (TCL Corporation) can focus on the non-branded side of our business.

These changes exemplify how nimble and far-sighted TCL is as an organization. Adjustments like these will drive new innovations and enhance our capabilities in the categories we currently compete in. This will also help us maintain the rapid success we’ve worked so hard to achieve.
    None of the nine organizations listed are Alcatel or BlackBerry Mobile.

TCL Group Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "TCL Group", "Listed Company" or "Company") Directly holding 100.00% equity of TCL Industrial Holdings (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd., TCL Technology Industry 100.00% equity of Garden Co., Ltd., 100.00% equity of Huizhou TCL Household Appliances Group Co., Ltd., TCL Home 100.00% equity of Electric Appliances (Hefei) Co., Ltd. and 100.00% equity of Huizhou Guest Music Business Service Co., Ltd. Right, Huizhou Cool Friends Network Technology Co., Ltd. 55.00% equity, Gechuang Dongzhi Technology Co., Ltd. 36.00% shares Right and simple indirect holdings through the wholly-owned subsidiary TCL Financial Holding Group (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. 75.00% equity of Information Technology (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd. and Huizhou TCL Lighting Appliance Co., Ltd. 1.50% equity of Huizhou Cool Friends Network Technology Co., Ltd., totaling RMB 4.7 million to TCL Industrial Holdings (Guangdong) Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the counterparty") is sold, the counterparty is a person RMB cash payment consideration (hereinafter referred to as “this restructuring”).
    But given the company is broken into so many different parts, hard to say what might be buried in there, but if they didn't mention it specfically, then I doubt there's much of anything going on other than some old faces leaving the office and new faces joining lol.
    12-11-18 05:36 PM
    Probably won't. BlackBerry Mobile is effectively ran as their own division and I mean, they laid it out in the post anyway. That was the point of the post, to quell concerns.

None of the nine organizations listed are Alcatel or BlackBerry Mobile.

But given the company is broken into so many different parts, hard to say what might be buried in there, but if they didn't mention it specfically, then I doubt there's much of anything going on other than some old faces leaving the office and new faces joining lol.
    Cool. This puts my mind at ease. Sucks for those old faces tho lol.
    12-11-18 06:05 PM
    First BlackBerry and Nokia stopped their lawsuit, then Chen's talk on Bloomberg in which he did not mention BlackBerry Mobile with one word but praised the security of BlackBerry 10. Now this news about outsourcing the TCL consumer products to a holding.
    I hope Nokia and BlackBerry plan a partnership, but maybe it will be a dream. Maybe we all will see no more BlackBerrys, but a BlackBerry security infrastructure in the background - for much money or not for the consumers...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-18 04:04 PM
    First BlackBerry and Nokia stopped their lawsuit, then Chen's talk on Bloomberg in which he did not mention BlackBerry Mobile with one word but praised the security of BlackBerry 10. Now this news about outsourcing the TCL consumer products to a holding.
    I hope Nokia and BlackBerry plan a partnership, but maybe it will be a dream. Maybe we all will see no more BlackBerrys, but a BlackBerry security infrastructure in the background - for much money or not for the consumers...

Posted via CB10
    Nokia or HMB Global?

Anyways, there is zero chance of this happening.
    12-14-18 04:18 PM