Or, the other two were compact phones which are getting hard to find in the market and the Titan is a behemoth whose size appeals to less people.

It's not always about PKB being less desired. Why WOULDN'T it be more desired for outdoors, glove-prone situations??
    You know I love my pkb devices more than most, but you can't keep explaining away the lack of desire for any in-market pkb device with issues that aren't related to the pkb.

After all is said and done, there is one obvious common denominator.
    Last edited by conite; 08-30-19 at 10:33 AM.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-30-19 09:27 AM
    Or, the other two were compact phones which are getting hard to find in the market and the Titan is a behemoth whose size appeals to less people.

It's not always about PKB being less desired. Why WOULDN'T it be more desired for outdoors, glove-prone situations??
    I didn't sign up but am very interested in PKB phones. I don't know what the quality of the PKB on the Titan would be. After using the KEY2 keyboard I am not sure it would be very comfortable to use by comparison. So I am pretty much in a "wait and see" mode. I want to hear how it compares. I still am not necessarily convinced, even if the PKB is relatively decent. It sounds kind of bulky.
    08-30-19 10:26 AM
    Why should we ask them again at IFA? They didn't answer our questions the last three months. So why on IFA?

You will have to wait for the podcast. I believe Bla1ze and CBK will give us the newest rumours or facts about this famous brand.

And, btw, who will believe a random blogger from BlackBerryBase.net?
    No they won't. They will talk about how great the Key2 still is to purchase today.
    08-30-19 10:33 AM
    No they won't. They will talk about how great the Key2 still is to purchase today.
    If you’re a TCL mobile phone executive, at trade show, isn’t that your job?
    08-30-19 10:40 AM
    If you’re a TCL mobile phone executive, at trade show, isn’t that your job?
    I was talking about the podcast not the trade show executives.
    08-30-19 10:42 AM
    At this point, what’s actually been collected, $30K-45K for reservation? Doesn’t Unihertz have to collect the balance once production specs are finalized and the OEM contractor wants payment to begin the production? I’m not sure the process however that seems logical progression. How many people walk away from the price of a value meal or fast casual lunch?
    IIRC successfully funded Kickstarter projects get all of the money when the project ends.
    08-30-19 11:27 AM
    I was talking about the podcast not the trade show executives.
    I was going off the the post you replied too. In all fairness, CB has also disclosed a promotional arrangement so that also shouldn’t be totally shocking....
    08-30-19 11:31 AM
    I was going off the the post you replied too. In all fairness, CB has also disclosed a promotional arrangement so that also shouldn’t be totally shocking....
    Was responding to this "You will have to wait for the podcast. I believe Bla1ze and CBK will give us the newest rumours or facts about this famous brand."

And yes I know its not shocking which is why I said what I said.
    08-30-19 11:52 AM
    Now I seem like a genius..... I’m not ..... LOL
    You are to us! 😀😀😀
    08-30-19 11:55 AM
    Finally we got our tickets for the IFA. We will ask the representatives about the famous KEY2 and if we can expect to see a yellow version in 2020. And of course about a way switching back to Android N in 2021. All the answers will be published on BlackBerryBase.net on 9/11.
    08-30-19 01:08 PM
    What about the new Twitter account and devices leaked by Evan Blass?
    They expected to show the devices roadmap at IFA.
    I don't know if that is still true!

This forum has ridiculously become a nest of doubts and speculations!
    The only area I see TCL listed in for exhibiting at the conference is TVs. These are the categories listed for TCL at IFA.
    TV
    TV sets
    3D TV
    LCD TV sets
    Smart TV sets with internet access

I doubt they will have anyone at the conference that deals with their mobile phones. Bugging the TV guys at the show will get you a I don't know anything about that area comments. Very easy for any TCL person standing in a booth that only has TVs to say they don't know anything about their mobile phones. Might not even have anyone at the show that even knows they have a contract with a company called BlackBerry.
    The IFA website pretty much has TCL penciled in for TV talk only for what I saw the last time I looked.
    You don't typically put your unannounced device plans on the schedule for IFA unless you really don't care about the info getting out. You save that info, and announce it when you're ready for the additional hype.

TCL will show off its first self-branded smartphones during IFA 2019 - https://www.androidcentral.com/tcl-w...uring-ifa-2019

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300909052.html
    08-30-19 01:19 PM
    You don't typically put your unannounced device plans on the schedule for IFA unless you really don't care about the info getting out. You save that info, and announce it when you're ready for the additional hype.

TCL will show off its first self-branded smartphones during IFA 2019 - https://www.androidcentral.com/tcl-w...uring-ifa-2019

Interesting. Seeing other changes in their mobile branding I wonder if TCL is done using other brand names.

Is BlackBerry Limited's decision to posrpone the end the life of BB10 similar to their decision to extend the life of BBM? Just without a formal announcement from TCL.
    08-30-19 04:12 PM
    Is BlackBerry Limited's decision to posrpone the end the life of BB10 similar to their decision to extend the life of BBM?
    The BB10 announcement was the biggest non-announcement ever. As I've said before, people are reading way too much into it. It's a bag of nothing. They literally changed a few words and updated the original post.

They haven't touched BB10 in years, so all they did with that announcement is to promise to continue not touching it. The financial impact of them to continue doing nothing is minimal. They risk hurt feelings, having to deal with angry users, and some bad press if they were to shut down what essential services remain on BB10.

It's honestly just all-around easier to let it roll on and let those users fade off on their own. If something breaks, they can fix it or they can choose to ignore it or say it's not essential.
    08-30-19 04:15 PM
    Is BlackBerry Limited's decision to posrpone the end the life of BB10 similar to their decision to extend the life of BBM? Just without a formal announcement from TCL.
    BBL did NOT postpone the EOL of BB10. EOL remains 12/31/2019. They merely stated that they won't shut off the servers (other than BB World) on 1/1/2020, and presumably will keep them on until something fails. That could be a year or a week. But EOL means that anyone who currently has responsibilities for BB10 will be reassigned or released, and no support of any kind will be given for BB10 - no patches, fixes, hardware issues, etc. They won't even take your call about BB10, essentially. The announcement merely states that they aren't intentionally killing the remaining infrastructure on 1/1 - they'll let it fail on its own or make a decision to shut it down at some point after 1/1.
    08-30-19 04:25 PM
    BBL did NOT postpone the EOL of BB10. EOL remains 12/31/2019. They merely stated that they won't shut off the servers (other than BB World) on 1/1/2020, and presumably will keep them on until something fails. That could be a year or a week. But EOL means that anyone who currently has responsibilities for BB10 will be reassigned or released, and no support of any kind will be given for BB10 - no patches, fixes, hardware issues, etc. They won't even take your call about BB10, essentially. The announcement merely states that they aren't intentionally killing the remaining infrastructure on 1/1 - they'll let it fail on its own or make a decision to shut it down at some point after 1/1.
    Sounds good, but why did they announce that?
    BlackBerry could just simply remain silent and no one would care about an action clearly announced two years ago.
    08-30-19 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry could just simply remain silent and no one would care about an action clearly announced two years ago.
    So they have something new to refer all the people who harass them about BlackBerry 10 on a daily basis to. You ever look at their Twitter feed? Every post they make is just people asking / talking about BlackBerry 10, even though the posts have nothing to do with BB10.
    08-30-19 04:44 PM
    So they have something new to refer all the people who harass them about BlackBerry 10 on a daily basis to. You ever look at their Twitter feed? Every post they make is just people asking / talking about BlackBerry 10, even though the posts have nothing to do with BB10.
    Agree!
    Even John Chen tweets are filled with angry BB10 fans. I don't know how they never give up at all 😂
    08-30-19 05:09 PM
    Because some other features/functions went away, and people were going to be asking questions and demanding answers, so they tried to use the "good news/bad news" format to address it: "you're losing some features as of today, but the good news is that we aren't going to shut the other servers off on New Years Day." That's what that announcement boiled down to. Nothing else changes.

Hmm... I just had a U2 moment right there.

Mecca EL likes this.
    09-01-19 01:50 AM

If they are announcing a TCL range of mobiles, surely it wouldn't be illogical to ask them where their BBmo key series fits into their plans. Right?
    Whether they want to answer or not is another thing.
    09-01-19 04:56 AM
    Whether they want to answer or not is another thing.
    That's kind of what matters in the end lol
    09-01-19 09:27 AM
    That's kind of what matters in the end lol
    What we've established is that there will be some "horses' mouths" to get the information from for Paulemar18, Conite's "he's only a random blogger" from the German Blackberry fans website.

Paulemar18, you are now a man with a plan and a mission!!
    The best of British luck to you!
    Last edited by mrsimon; 09-01-19 at 10:50 AM.
    09-01-19 10:37 AM
    @mrsimon You forgot the word 'random'

Another rumour is currently circulating about the future model policy of BlackBerry Mobile. We will also be asking a question about this at the IFA.
    09-01-19 03:26 PM
    @mrsimon You forgot the word 'random'

Another rumour is currently circulating about the future model policy of BlackBerry Mobile. We will also be asking a question about this at the IFA.
    Which rumor?
    09-01-19 03:38 PM
    I need to ask you a little patience.

If I would post this 'rumor' here and now, the same questions about sources and evidence would come up again and the subject would be talked dead.

Here in the forum rumors don't seem to be desired, so I will only inform our community on BlackBerryBase.net about it.
    elfabio80, Gene Fells and Jake2826 like this.
    09-01-19 03:48 PM
    ... the same questions about sources and evidence would come up again.
    How shocking and utterly inappropriate! Lol.

Honestly, discussing the credibility of sources when it comes to rumours is fair game, and sensible.

My main issue with your original report was your contention that everything must be true strictly because TCL did not respond to your inquiries on the matter.
    09-01-19 04:22 PM
251 12345 ...