As we all know that TCL is going to exhibit at IFA this September, 6 in Berlin. They will also have a press conference or Keynote.
    I also know that there is a big BlackBerry fans community in Germany called BlackBerry fanbase.

I hope these people live in Berlin or any journalist who will go to the event if they could ask TCL executives about BlackBerry Mobile situation.

We might know good details from them.

I still hope those executives will talk about BlackBerry Mobile future plans in the press release.
    joshualebowitz and Jake2826 like this.
    08-28-19 11:45 PM
    TCL made a new Twitter account for a seemingly new mobile phone focus, at TCLMobileGlobal, but it only links to non-working webpages. The executives seem to just hide from questions about BlackBerry Mobile and hope that people will stop asking about it.
    08-29-19 12:01 AM
    Why should we ask them again at IFA? They didn't answer our questions the last three months. So why on IFA?

You will have to wait for the podcast. I believe Bla1ze and CBK will give us the newest rumours or facts about this famous brand.

And, btw, who will believe a random blogger from BlackBerryBase.net?
    08-29-19 12:13 AM
    Why should we ask them again at IFA? They didn't answer our questions the last three months. So why on IFA?

You will have to wait for the podcast. I believe Bla1ze and CBK will give us the newest rumours or facts about this famous brand.

Bla1ze stressed many times that they don't know anything new, so I don't know what is the point of this podcast.

Don't worry, many believed you when you posted the disturbing news thread.
    Another following rumor came to strongly support your news.
    Keep your good work and never give up. If you meet TCL executives directly, they might tell some news. But, they can easily ignore all emails.
    I hope there will be a journalist interview them, and TCL should be confident that someone will ask about BlackBerry at this time.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-29-19 12:26 AM
    TCL made a new Twitter account for a seemingly new mobile phone focus, at TCLMobileGlobal, but it only links to non-working webpages. The executives seem to just hide from questions about BlackBerry Mobile and hope that people will stop asking about it.
    Yes, that worries me more, and I think they will announce a new branding strategy.
    08-29-19 12:29 AM
    That's what I heard too.
    Kbreen likes this.
    08-29-19 01:32 AM

Why not? It could be that they have been required to not say anything before that date. Also, since time will have passed since 3 months ago, they themselves may have more clarity than they have had earlier. As far as we know they are still in a contract with BlackBerry. So it is worth a try to ask.
    08-29-19 01:42 AM
    Why not? It could be that they have been required to not say anything before that date. Also, since time will have passed since 3 months ago, they themselves may have more clarity than they have had earlier. As far as we know they are still in a contract with BlackBerry. So it is worth a try to ask.
    Of course we'll ask!

Whereby we have to overcome four big hurdles:

1. is there any news at all up to this date?

2. do the employees at the booth have the competence to make a statement?

3. are they allowed to make a statement?

4 And if all three questions are answered with 'yes', who will believe us - a random blogger - the answers?
    Gene Fells likes this.
    08-29-19 01:55 AM
    Of course we'll ask!

4 And if all three questions are answered with 'yes', who will believe us - a random blogger - the answers?
    If you manage to overcome the 3 hurdles then that is an indication to all that you are not just a random blogger, but serious about your information research.
    You are right that whether you get accurate news hinges upon those at the booth 1. having new info. 2. being willing and competent to answer 3. permitted to speak about it. Being competent to answer depends on how much info the individuals in the booth have been given and how well they understand it.
    It does make sense that if they are planning on making an announcement, (and especially if BlackBerry isn't mentioned in their announcement) then they should expect to get questions about BlackBerry devices.
    08-29-19 02:35 AM
    Of course we'll ask!

If he can attend the press conference and ask TCL heads.
    Both employees will not have much information.
    08-29-19 03:56 AM
    If he can attend the press conference and ask TCL heads.
    Both employees will not have much information.
    Good point. "Go to the top". Maybe they won't want to say so much and maybe they can't.
    At any rate they still have a contract with BlackBerry. It seems to me that they would have to come out with some kind of statement if they are altering it at this point since there is still quite a span of time left. I know that TCL is planning some foldable devices and other innovations. That could explain the new Twitter account.
    08-29-19 04:18 AM
    I feel like at some point there is going to be a tell all blackberry podcast about the real story behind these times. but unfortunately it will happen after the official end of BlackBerry.
    08-29-19 05:34 AM
    I think what's disclosed will be only whatever can be at this point. I suspect TCL pays a buyout to BlackBerry to get released from licensing commitment and TCL introducing next lineup of phones. Of course, all of this is meaningless in North America if no carrier support. There's so many unknown important variables.

The reality is TCL could announce new line of TVs, portable air conditioners some other new appliances..
    08-29-19 06:57 AM
    ... I suspect TCL pays a buyout to BlackBerry to get released from licensing commitment and TCL introducing next lineup of phones...
    An interesting assumption, which could already come very close to reality.

I would probably put it that way if I had signed a NDA document.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    08-29-19 07:18 AM
    An interesting assumption, which could already come very close to reality.

I would probably put it that way if I had signed a NDA document.
    Perhaps you've signed an NDA but I have not as I'm not in the mobile telecom industry and my only involvement consists of Crackberry speculation and educated guesses :-D

I do follow BlackBerry as publicly traded company and that's my industry.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-29-19 08:18 AM
    How could I sign a NDA document? They don't talk with me.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    08-29-19 08:21 AM
    I suspect TCL pays a buyout to BlackBerry to get released from licensing commitment
    If that happens, it would show BB how much NO ONE values their brand name, so maybe they wouldn't be so confident in their "such precious" keyboard patents and not go so hard after the small kickstarters that make a PKB using similar ideas.
    (Key word here is "similar", not blatantly copying external design like Seacrest)
    08-29-19 09:05 AM
    I believe TCL will give some hints about BlackBerry Mobile future during the event, hopefully clear ones!
    08-29-19 12:31 PM
    I believe TCL will give some hints about BlackBerry Mobile future during the event, hopefully clear ones!
    Agreed. Either that, or someone will say something by accident.
    08-29-19 12:40 PM
    I think what's disclosed will be only whatever can be at this point. I suspect TCL pays a buyout to BlackBerry to get released from licensing commitment and TCL introducing next lineup of phones. Of course, all of this is meaningless in North America if no carrier support. There's so many unknown important variables.

The reality is TCL could announce new line of TVs, portable air conditioners some other new appliances..
    They make really good air conditioning units!
    08-29-19 12:42 PM
    If that happens, it would show BB how much NO ONE values their brand name, so maybe they wouldn't be so confident in their "such precious" keyboard patents and not go so hard after the small kickstarters that make a PKB using similar ideas.
    (Key word here is "similar", not blatantly copying external design like Seacrest)
    I believe that BlackBerry entered into agreement last year to share revenues/expenses/profit with an IP company that makes those strategic decisions.

Also, don't forget BlackBerry was practically built on BBOS technology illegally borrowed aka stolen from a patent holder. After refusing small licensing settlement, BlackBerry went to arbitration, lost, court, lost, appellate court, lost and then email system almost got shutdown. That's when BlackBerry paid for the licensing, penalties and some patent rights. Only cost them $500 million+ at time. It's another reason I use carriers and carriers don't like BlackBerry since it was serious risk to all of BlackBerry Enterprise, Corporate and Government accounts.

It's just business and everyone knows the risk stakes to win or lose. If really concerned, most companies will either make changes or pay to license. BlackBerry is the case study for so many great and not so great decisions throughout it's existence. I've done presentations for management, finance and legal classes throughout my degree seeking years and BlackBerry has never failed me in this single regard. It's biggest reason I support the overall company. Its taught and still teaching a great many lessons.
    08-29-19 12:57 PM
    It's biggest reason I support the overall company.
    There is nothing left for you to support them as a consumer since they exited hardware about 3 years ago
    08-29-19 02:40 PM
    There is nothing left for you to support them as a consumer since they exited hardware about 3 years ago
    They get their one time license revenue from BBMo on my behalf so that's probably $20/year plus $5/year for BBMe/BBMc at end of this year. The BlackBerry App Suite is $1/mo so another $12/yr and that's something. .

Come on boon, they're not getting anything off the used Reds you got. Your Key2 purchases are what put you ahead this year.... I think we're arguing tallest midget here......
    08-29-19 03:04 PM

Come on boon, they're not getting anything off the used Reds you got. Your Key2 purchases are what put you ahead this year.... I think we're arguing tallest midget here......
    Fair enough, but I did buy two Silver KEY2's at launch from Clove UK
    08-29-19 03:25 PM
    The reality is TCL could announce new line of TVs
    The IFA website pretty much has TCL penciled in for TV talk only for what I saw the last time I looked.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-29-19 04:09 PM
251 123 ...