TCL will show their first self-branded at IFA in Berlin.

The beginning of the end of the partnership with BlackBerry! Or the final proof!

https://www.androidcentral.com/tcl-w...uring-ifa-2019
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    08-30-19 02:20 PM
    TCL will show their first self-branded at IFA in Berlin.

The beginning of the end of the partnership with BlackBerry! Or the final proof!

https://www.androidcentral.com/tcl-w...uring-ifa-2019
    They've been selling their own brand for years.

If you remember, the DTEK60 was based off of the TCL950.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    08-30-19 03:23 PM
    They've been selling their own brand for years.
    They're taking it 'Global' though. Keyword there.

TCL Communication will announce the first TCL-branded smartphone for global markets and showcase their newest display innovations at a media event on 5 September in Berlin, Germany, ahead of IFA 2019.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300909052.html

They also fired up the Global Twitter account and teaser site - https://twitter.com/TCLMobileGlobal / https://www.tcl.com/global/en/mobile/tcl-mobile.html
    John Albert likes this.
    08-30-19 03:24 PM
    They're taking it 'Global' though. Keyword there.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300909052.html

They also fired up the Global Twitter account and teaser site - https://twitter.com/TCLMobileGlobal / https://www.tcl.com/global/en/mobile/tcl-mobile.html
    Agreed. Separate point, but true.
    08-30-19 03:36 PM
    Hopefully, we can hear the final decision soon.
    Really tired of waiting without any clear sign.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    08-30-19 03:45 PM
    Hopefully, we can hear the final decision soon.
    Really tired of waiting without any clear sign.
    You're not going to hear a final decision until one is made.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-30-19 03:52 PM
    Oh...I think it has been made. But, timing is everything.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-30-19 03:55 PM
    Oh...I think it has been made. But, timing is everything.
    Nah, still too many rumors swirling. Not enough consistency across the board yet. The only thing that's for sure at this point is that Pie has been held up for whatever reason and there are discussions happening. The lag time between devices was hinted at back in February. - https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...upgrade-trend/ so none of that is really surprising at all.

TCL and BlackBerry are both historically leaky, if there was anything truly final and definitive, it would have flowed out somehow already. Someone would have said something, or a slide would have appeared. Instead, it's all just speculation because things are still in the air.
    08-30-19 04:00 PM
    08-30-19 05:59 PM
    And we may not hear it even then. Most companies don't announce the products they don't release.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-30-19 06:22 PM
    Maybe not even then if they play it like Microsoft. MS hates to give bad news about products. They often wait until 3-6 months after the decision is made to say anything about EOL. Then they have a low level PM 'leak' the news on some forum. Eventually after everyone realizes the information is correct, in another 3-6 months Microsoft quietly change the lifecyle page to an EOL date.

My bet is TCL will never say anything. Eventually the BlackBerry Mobile site will just one day go dark.
    RK_BB and SeeBeeEss like this.
    08-30-19 08:31 PM
    Maybe not even then if they play it like Microsoft. MS hates to give bad news about products. They often wait until 3-6 months after the decision is made to say anything about EOL. Then they have a low level PM 'leak' the news on some forum. Eventually after everyone realizes the information is correct, in another 3-6 months Microsoft quietly change the lifecyle page to an EOL date.

My bet is TCL will never say anything. Eventually the BlackBerry Mobile site will just one day go dark.
    It’s what BBMP and BBOptiemus have done for the most part so there’s a pattern.... LOL
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-30-19 08:50 PM

Most people haven't been following the BlackBerry Mobile story, so it is helpful to put it on their radar before September 5th.
    09-01-19 12:27 AM
    So curtains closed for BlackBerry Android device long life the longer support on BB10 with android 4 . Hurray a expanding era of BlackBerry
    09-03-19 04:13 PM
    Pity the IFA thread had to be closed and that you got so annoyed Paul that you didn't want to post your news here.
    Remember that technerds aren't PR kings and probably don't mean to be so hurtful.
    Anyway, looking forward to your update and news ... random citizen!! 😉😀
    John Albert likes this.
    09-05-19 07:54 AM
    It’s what BBMP and BBOptiemus have done for the most part so there’s a pattern.... LOL
    BBMP is gone... and yeah BlackBerry never announced anything.

BBOptiemus is still a thing... site is still up and they are still selling devices. But we do know there are some difference on money owed and that the Evolve was a flop and EvolveX is MIA a year later. But when they do part ways... I expect Optiemus will simply drop the BlackBerry Brand from their list of Brands and the blackberrymobile.in site will go dark. But announcement??

When did BlackBerry finally announce there would be no new BB10 devices?
    09-05-19 08:51 AM
    Pity the IFA thread had to be closed and that you got so annoyed Paul that you didn't want to post your news here.
    That thread was causing more harm than good. If I was BBMo personnel I would be horrified reading what was in there and often what is posted here. You wonder how on earth BBMo sell devices reading the content in some of these threads based solely on rumor and speculation.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-19 09:06 AM
    You wonder how on earth BBMo sell devices reading the content in some of these threads based solely on rumor and speculation.
    Maybe because most KEY owners and potential buyers don't even know what CrackBerry is, let alone visit it frequently let alone in that particular thread?

And if they do, it probably wouldn't affect their purchase decision either way. Either they want the keyboard or they don't.
    09-05-19 09:16 AM
    Looking at the TCL phone coverage on Android Central the first phone is not much. Hopefully they have better foldable designs that what they are showing at IFA.
    09-05-19 10:21 AM
    That thread was causing more harm than good. If I was BBMo personnel I would be horrified reading what was in there and often what is posted here. You wonder how on earth BBMo sell devices reading the content in some of these threads based solely on rumor and speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Well if your are going to start wondering how on earth BBMo is selling devices...
    09-05-19 10:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you have to become concerned for the personnel of BBmo; for one thing, I don't think there are any!! The 'company' or 'department' was absorbed back into TCL in January and now work consists of a couple of branded social media posts per week.

A bit of banter on these fan forums isn't going to influence buyers much, mostly because very few potential buyers would find them.

Finally, the best way of quashing any rumours or speculation would be to go on the front foot and make a public statement. We're still waiting.

So, relax and enjoy the reading!!
    09-05-19 10:28 AM
    And we may not hear it even then. Most companies don't announce the products they don't release.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    You actually believe that the end of a BlackBerry Branded devise would not be news worthy? An Iconic company with ongoing interests? I find that short sighted.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-05-19 10:44 AM
    You actually believe that the end of a BlackBerry Branded devise would not be news worthy? An Iconic company with ongoing interests? I find that short sighted.
    Of course it would be news worthy....

But of what benefit is it to the companies involved is it to make that announcement officially?

Ending BlackBerry Android Secure isn't going to affect BlackBerry's ongoing interests much at this point. But it could affect the stock price.... even though I think there is no risk of declining revenues from this. Just an end to a potential revenue source that never panned out.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-05-19 10:59 AM
    ^^This is pretty accurate IMO

While announcing that BB Android is finished and there will not longer be any BB branded devices released under any license would have virtually no impact on the balance sheet the already pummeled stock price would take a hit because people are idiots and still tie the BlackBerry name to phones and not to everything else the company has been working on as the future of the company.

It wouldnt make any sense to just announce anything until EVERYTHING is place to do so.
    09-05-19 11:17 AM
    It was news, back in 2014. But BlackBerry, its investors, the media, and 99.999% of the public have moved on. BlackBerry devices no longer being successful is not news. It's "dog bites man," instead of "man bites dog."
    richard beresford1 likes this.
    09-05-19 11:27 AM
48 12