You may try DLNA instead. Just have to share the same standard wifi network. Most TV support DLNA.
    DLNA content renders on the target device. Good luck with finding a device that would support some kind of proprietary presentation format. It would need to be pushed as a video or a series of images.
    11-14-13 10:18 AM
    I want to be able to swap/swipe to the next open app like what is possible on the PlayBook and has been possible on webOS it would be amazing! I know it solution be to hard to make happen but can you all imagine the productivity!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:24 AM
    I want to be able to swap/swipe to the next open app like what is possible on the PlayBook and has been possible on webOS it would be amazing! I know it solution be to hard to make happen but can you all imagine the productivity!

Posted via CB10
    Yes full screen app switching would be awesome. Hard to implement. Maybe two finger swipe to swipe back and forth.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 10:31 AM
    DLNA content renders on the target device. Good luck with finding a device that would support some kind of proprietary presentation format. It would need to be pushed as a video or a series of images.
    Have no DLNA around me right now, yet the "Play on" option is available. You mean Express isn't "DMC/DMR compatible" ? How is that video output differs from - say- home screen ?
    Sounds weird. Could you elaborate about it please ?
    11-14-13 10:41 AM
    Look at PhotoWall 3D and you will be able to understand the BlackBerry 10 power.

Beside of I don't understand why the games developers don't use it.

As the device is plugged on a hdmi device you can use this output display as a second screen (and not a clone) so you can use your device in portrait and hdmi device in fullscreen. You can play 2 OpenGL world.

Sample for Real racing, you could draw a pad on the mobile screen and the 3D world on the TV.
    You could launch the game on the hdmi / miracast device, use a bluetooth controller and continue to use your device.

None concurrent mobile can do it.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:48 AM
    Yes full screen app switching would be awesome. Hard to implement. Maybe two finger swipe to swipe back and forth.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! We can swipe up and right to view hub or minimize app. It would be amazing if we could peek up and left to switch to the next open app >
    Last edited by zclash; 11-14-13 at 11:41 AM.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 10:53 AM
    If Express is any indication of the TAT talent still left at BlackBerry Sweden, I am looking forward to the coming months!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-14-13 10:57 AM
    You may try DLNA instead. Just have to share the same standard wifi network. Most TV support DLNA.
    I'll definitely try that. I need to connect it to a laptop which is connected to a projector so hopefully that works.

In the beginning of the semester my professor actually told me he was sorry that I had a Berry so i'm really only doing this to change everyone's perspective of BlackBerry haha

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:05 AM
    Yes! We can swipe up and right to view hub or minimize app. It would be amazing if we couple peek up and left to switch to the next open app ><! Or swipe from right to left while in the app like on the PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    If I had to implement myself, I use the same gesture than "Pick" but instead of turn of right to see HUB, I would turn on the left and I display each app thumb as PlayBook OS.

Then swipe on the left / right to switch app. Swipe to up to close an application.

At last pick gesture should work in landscape mode too.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and 00stryder like this.
    11-14-13 11:29 AM
    If I had to implement myself, I use the same gesture than "Pick" but instead of turn of right to see HUB, I would turn on the left and I display each app thumb as PlayBook OS.

Then swipe on the left / right to switch app. Swipe to up to close an application.

At last pick gesture should work in landscape mode too.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    That sounds good too and I actually just thought about a very simple and clean solution! So BlackBerry listen up! Lol

When you swipe up to minimize or peak from an app. You just hold the app in the middle so you see the minimized app and if you hold it there for a second it will lock in place and pop-up all other open applications. And then from there you can swipe through open apps and close then. Sadly it would look similar to ios multitasking screen but we all know BlackBerry did it first!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-14-13 11:34 AM
    That sounds good too and I actually just thought about a very simple and clean solution! So BlackBerry listen up! Lol

When you swipe up to minimize or peak from an app. You just hold the app in the middle so you see the minimized app and if you hold it there for a second it will lock in place and pop-up all other open applications. And then from there you can swipe through open apps and close then. Sadly it would look similar to ios multitasking screen but we all know BlackBerry did it first!

Posted via CB10
    You spelt Palm wrong

Posted via CB10
    zclash, 00stryder and Karan Mohal like this.
    11-14-13 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's not a bad idea...

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    11-14-13 12:37 PM
    You spelt Palm wrong

Posted via CB10
    Hahah yes Palm! imy webOS!
    11-14-13 12:45 PM
    If they do end up implementing the feature it would be great either way they do it. I know the people left from TAT are amazing folks, and will make it awesome it is a feature that would take BB10 to another level in terms of the multitasking functionality! ..Please! Lol even now I'm using the CB10 app, and cleaning my photos out while my YouTube in the browser is open I would love to be able to just swipe in between them.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:50 PM
    For once, I'm really enjoying the off-topic chatter in a forum thread!

You guys suggested possible solutions to app switching that I too thought would be great implementations of gestures. We still have the diagonal swipe untouched (not across the corner like to go back in Android apps but like on the OB to either bring up/hide the keyboard or to bring up the system bar at the top of the screen), and who knows what other combinations.

And I hope BlackBerry doesn't think we haven't forgotten about Cinnamon (or was it French?) Toast notifications either. I think that's why we're seeing such a beefy update with 10.2.1, because BlackBerry still has a lot of features that they plan to implement down the road on later builds.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    11-14-13 02:13 PM
    I think Darkehawke is disapointed because with BB10, they removed data backup features that are in BBOS.
    On my version, you have a ... single restore. But seems to be only one though.
    Sorry to Darkehawke for the misunderstanding, if any.
    11-14-13 03:54 PM
    On my version, you have a ... single restore. But seems to be only one though.
    Sorry to Darkehawke for the misunderstanding, if any.
    no apology neccessary.
    yes on Blackberry 10 you get one single restore point, which was from your transition from 7.1 to 10. and that is it.

Howver the way it worked on 7.1 was that you could back up your device, anytime you wanted, as much as you wanted, and then you could wipe your device and restore it again to exactly how it was when you backed up.

That app was a lifesaver! So many lost numbers recovered at ease for me
    00stryder and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-14-13 03:58 PM
92 ... 234