Today I was purchasing something at target in Canada and while I was standing looking at the items I overheard the sale transaction between a potential blackberry customer and a sales rep. The sales rep totally talked the lady out of a new q10. She told her that she left blackberry for the iPhone because it "sucks" and said that blackberry is going bankrupt. The lady didn't want a iPhone so she told her to buy a galaxy s4 and she did.

I don't get why they have to make up stuff about one brand and promote another, at the end of the day target still makes a profit regardless of what they sell.

Misinformed sales reps should be fired.

Posted via CB10
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    08-16-13 11:02 PM
    Smh...

JayZ10
    QuickDime likes this.
    08-16-13 11:16 PM
    Today I was purchasing something at target in Canada and while I was standing looking at the items I overheard the sale transaction between a potential blackberry customer and a sales rep. The sales rep totally talked the lady out of a new q10. She told her that she left blackberry for the iPhone because it "sucks" and said that blackberry is going bankrupt. The lady didn't want a iPhone so she told her to buy a galaxy s4 and she did.

I don't get why they have to make up stuff about one brand and promote another, at the end of the day target still makes a profit regardless of what they sell.

Posted via CB10
    The Target stores I've come across in the US don't even have BB10 devices to sell. Definitely helps US sales when one of the largest retailers doesn't even carry the Z10 for any of the carriers. SMDH
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    08-16-13 11:26 PM
    There have been a ton of stories such as this posted here for the past several months. I know it is impolite to interrupt but don't you think it's getting to be close to the time to disabuse people of the notion that BlackBerry sucks?

A little guerilla marketing might be the answer as I'm sure you know much more than this salesperson about the mobile world.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    08-16-13 11:55 PM
    That's what the lady gets for buying a smartphone at Target.
    08-17-13 01:16 AM
    So sick of sales people talking customers out of a BlackBerry. No wonder why sales are low. People are being steered away because it's not as cool as iPhone or Android. What crap. If it makes anyone feel better, notice that no one is being steered towards a Windows phone either, just the Big Two. So it's not that BlackBerry has a bad reputation, they're just too late to the race, like Windows.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    08-17-13 01:29 AM
    Way too many of these stories..its hard enough to compete on the phones merits alone let alone having the average consumer being talked out of it, not having the phones displayed, poor rep education on the phone or them being all stick in dummy mode tucked away in the furthest corner. Why aren't they doing sales channel checks on a regular basis to prevent this BS?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    08-17-13 05:41 AM
    BlackBerry needs Retail Liaisons. Plain and simple. However it's not even on their radar.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 08-17-13 at 08:37 AM.
    Mister-E likes this.
    08-17-13 08:17 AM
    I've learned to never listen to Target mobile reps. They try to talk you out of whatever you came in there to buy for whatever reason. Their reps have tried unsuccessfully to get me to switch carriers in multiple times in different situations so it's not just phones that they do this with.
    08-17-13 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry needs Retail Liaisons. Plain and simple. However it's not even on their radar.
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Meet one of the retail liaisons you speak of.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:38 AM
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Meet one of the retail liaisons you speak of.
    Tell us more about him. What does he do?
    08-17-13 08:45 AM
    Edit: Go into your local wireless retailer and ask if they have a BlackBerry rep.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:20 AM
    Odd. In my local Target (just opened a few months ago in Canada) the BB10 display is front and centre. When the Q10 came out I went in to try out the keyboard. The sales rep was all for telling me how good the new BlackBerry was. I showed her my Z10 and she laughed and showed me hers. She said all the staff had been given Bolds to start but then they were all sent back and they were all given Z10's. She says even her boss loves the Z10 and he was a hardcore keyboard guy before that.

I actually found it hard to believe that they were all just given Z10's. I don't think that would have happened in the Zellers days (for non-Canadians - Zellers was the store chain that Target bought out in Canada).
    08-17-13 09:21 AM
    Whenever anything like this happens to me I jump in there and make the rep look like an *****.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC and bradu1 like this.
    08-17-13 09:22 AM
    Whenever anything like this happens to me I jump in there and make the rep look like an *****.
    And what does that accomplish?
    21stNow likes this.
    08-17-13 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    1) For many consumers a BlackBerry does still suck. Lack of some key apps is a deal breaker - sales reps don't like returns. It is not about what a BlackBerry can do, it's about what it still can not do.

2) As for Bankrupt or out of business... no the are neither, but it is pretty easy to understand why so many believe that. It also pretty easy to see that is where they are heading, without some major changes.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:27 AM
    Good luck to that lady. She wanted a phone with a physical keyboard and got one with out. I suspect she is going to be frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    08-17-13 10:02 AM
    That's what the lady gets for buying a smartphone at Target.
    That made me laugh out loud. I once saw a Walmart employee telling a customer about the benefits of an iPhone and that the customer should get it because it "has cloud".
    08-17-13 10:06 AM
    I think most of us, in the US, have experienced or witnessed this kind of behavior with sales reps. It is not limited to target. There are usually a couple threads per week on this. I would love to see a documentary film maker take this issue up and do some undercover, but legal research on these sales reps. Not necessarily to bust on any one sales rep, but I would find it entertaining and maybe a bit comical.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    08-17-13 10:18 AM
    I would love to see a documentary film maker take this issue up and do some undercover, but legal research on these sales reps. Not necessarily to bust on any one sales rep, but I would find it entertaining and maybe a bit comical.
    That would really make BlackBerry look bad.
    geoffsdad likes this.
    08-17-13 10:28 AM
    Depends on how it is crafted and the premise behind it. If it was done to comically embarrass sales reps then yes it would hurt. I only suggested it as I would find it interesting as a curiosity.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-17-13 10:35 AM
    There is a lot of uncertainty with BlackBerry at the moment, and unfortunately it might not be bad advice for someone to steer away for the time being. That is why BlackBerry should complete this strategic review as soon as possible so that the consumer market understands where they are going.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:53 AM
    What do you expect from these type of sales associates. They are just really repeating what they read online. It is not their fault.

Posted from my ??????
    08-17-13 12:45 PM
    What do you expect from these type of sales associates. They are just really repeating what they read online. It is not their fault.
    And selling what they're familiar/comfortable with.
    08-17-13 01:00 PM
    This is generally common for all products.

Was at a Rogers retail store and had a worker tell me that the new iPhone is terrible and the new OS was already available and sucked. We all know this isn't the case as it isn't even available yet!!! I laughed and left but it's sad that this happens.

Overall people have become defiant about the phones they own. I blame Samsung for this and there commercials.

Posted via Z10
    08-17-13 01:06 PM
52 123