I have a Bold 9650 with Verizon. I've been using the GPS function with both Blackberry and Google maps.

It's not a great idea to have to keep looking at the screen while driving. Is there a way, with the software I have now, to get it "talking" and allowing me to hear directions?
    11-07-10 04:58 PM
    take your wife........lolol!!!!!!!!!....never heard of that but good idea
    11-07-10 05:07 PM
    If you're referring to turn by turn directions, there are a few options. Most carriers have a paid app and some have free. Amaze GPS and Life in Pocket are both free that offer this as well. You can find them both in App world.
    11-07-10 05:10 PM
    Telenav, VZNav, and Garmin Mobile all have voice turn-by-turn and all are about $10/month. There is no way for a user to add voice to BBMaps and Google Maps.
    11-07-10 05:35 PM
    You could try a free app that I recently discovered last week called Waze
    found here:Free GPS Navigation with Turn by Turn - Waze

it has voice turn by turn directions and is pretty accurate for a free app.
    11-07-10 06:38 PM
    I use telenav cuz I get it free with Sprint.
    11-07-10 07:33 PM
    Waze deinately works well in my area new york metro. Never had a problem and its free. VZ navigator is good too but its 10 a month or 3 for 24hrs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 07:46 PM
    I use telenav cuz I get it free with Sprint.
    How do you get Telenav free with Sprint?
    11-08-10 09:11 AM
    It's part of their 69.99 a month plan. Sprint Navigation is just rebranded Telenav

11-08-10 09:36 AM
    Same here... I get SprintNav (TeleNav) free... and for those who don't know, there is a newer version out now.(Version 3.0)

If you have older version.. I believe a trick to get the newer version(without upgrading OS) is to uninstall sprint nav... reboot.. and click the sprint nav icon. It will point you to the download, and you'll see it's version 3.0.

The program Waze is gaining in popularity..mainly(in my opinion) because it's info. is in real-time.(I'm going by what site and videos have said) Accidents, Police Traps, Traffic, everything is real-time. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty good.
    11-08-10 12:49 PM
    If you're referring to turn by turn directions, there are a few options. Most carriers have a paid app and some have free. Amaze GPS and Life in Pocket are both free that offer this as well. You can find them both in App world.

Could not find Amaze but tried the other two and they are fantastic. waze uses more battery than LifeinPocket but recommend both and they are FREE

Found and downloaded AmAze it rocks, but its not free.
    Last edited by LrdAnkh; 11-08-10 at 03:13 PM.
    11-08-10 02:21 PM
    I just installed Amaze (free trial) on my VZW 9650, but it is not connecting to the GPS (as in not connecting to any satellites - icon in top left corner stays red).
    Is there anything I need to setup to get it to connect? VZNav and all other GPS dependant applications work great on the phone.
    Thanks!

11-09-10 08:51 AM

Thank you for that information..
    11-09-10 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD