Hi! I'm a newbie to crackberry.com and I am the owner of a BB Bold. I'm looking for a GPS app that talks and has real time. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be free. I'm going on a long distance trip next month and I really need it to talk to me. I was going to buy a garmin but I thought to myself, "what for, I own a blackberry!" lol!
    04-21-10 07:19 PM
    I bought the Garmin app for the Blackberry. It works well, although I haven't used it much yet. I think it's basically the same software that comes with Garmin navigation devices; it talks to you, but it's kind of pricey.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 07:44 PM
    Oh yea, that is kind of pricy, but if it's worth it then it's understandable. I think I'll shop around to see if it's worth it.

04-21-10 08:23 PM
    I use Garmap for Mobile on my 9700, it has voice guided 3D navigation and some other nice features. It comes free with my service provider so I'm not sure what their subscription prices are.

Here's a link to their website: https://garmapformobile.wisepilot.co...?section=about

04-21-10 09:21 PM
    I'd also like to know what you guys use.
    04-22-10 08:45 AM
    The Garmin app is awesome. It works perfectly, has great voice navigation and loads of extras, like hotels, food, gas, etc... They also have a free trial that you can try. It's got a one time price of $80 to $100 depending on any coupon you might be able to find.

Another one you should look at is TeleNav (TeleNav - Always find your way!). I don't have it but have read great reviews. It's $10 per month for as long as you want to keep it, which can get pricey over time. They have a 30 day free trial.

You should try both and pick your favorite.

The few freebee voice nav apps that I have tried are all crap.
    04-23-10 11:24 AM
    I don't know if its still ongoing but if you have a supported device (I know 9700 is) you could get into the free beta of telmap. It works great and I think its like 6 months or 18 months trial. You could google it its in a crackberry thread

04-25-10 03:58 PM
    When you try and sign up, it gives you an Internal error message
    05-09-10 05:11 PM
    I now use AmazeGPS, very reasonable pricing (23 per year) and global coverage.
    05-13-10 08:03 AM