In truth the Scionic man is wise and knowledgable. Anything to keep the nagging at bay makes u have a better day. Snap snap snap snap #beatnik
    09-11-11 02:15 AM
    Video on website played great. Wow, the quality is amazing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 03:30 AM
    Thanks for checking the video for me, and all the replies.
    I am FOR SURE leaning towards the BB, but I might as well wait to see what the Ifive has to offer. If nothing major, then no brainer for the BB.
    My first impression of the new Bold was pretty bad. A salesman at a Telus store let me play with his, and it was really bad, plus the guy didnt know much about the phone at all. It wouldnt load the website, then he re booted it, still wouldnt load, then he told me that "maybe it needed to rebooted" again. I pretty much left store and started thinking IPhone.
    09-11-11 03:58 AM
    Thanks for checking the video for me, and all the replies.
    I am FOR SURE leaning towards the BB, but I might as well wait to see what the Ifive has to offer. If nothing major, then no brainer for the BB.
    My first impression of the new Bold was pretty bad. A salesman at a Telus store let me play with his, and it was really bad, plus the guy didnt know much about the phone at all. It wouldnt load the website, then he re booted it, still wouldnt load, then he told me that "maybe it needed to rebooted" again. I pretty much left store and started thinking IPhone.
    Typical, the telus employee didn't have a blackberry data plan, that's why nothing would load in the browser. He was just trying to make an excuse or bad impression. Now if the device DID have a data plan, the browser would have loaded a page in a few seconds.

09-11-11 04:22 AM
    If you like being absolutely tied to iTunes to get data on and off your phone, and want a better camera, get an iPhone 5. Supposed to be 8mp and 1080p vid recording.

I don't want to sound snobish, but I kinda wonder how you narrowed it down to those two phones myself.

Why do you wonder how he narrowed it down to those 2 phones? I'm just confused why people keep saying that.
    09-11-11 06:21 PM
    Why do you wonder how he narrowed it down to those 2 phones? I'm just confused why people keep saying that.
    Well, for one thing, one is only rumor and speculation, so he's comparing the 9900 to an unknown quantity. Secondly, although there are many places of overlap, they are very different in many key areas that normally would eliminate one or the other when applied to one person's work habits/style.

To me, its kinda like going into a car dealership and saying "I've narrowed it down to a sports car or a pickup truck". The majority of his usage patterns says BB to me, the only things in the iPhone column are the Mac and the wife...
    BBisthefuture likes this.
    09-11-11 06:33 PM
    I promise you after having the 9900 for mere minutes you will never look back! I bought the 9900 last week and my eyes still light up every time i see it its been amazing! The browser has been VERY good! The GPS has helped me find my way on numerous occasions! Be sure to download BlackBerry Traffic as well.

I am using a Mac for Desktop Manager with my 9900 and have had no problems. Syncing with iTunes and what not. It's a good companion.
    09-11-11 11:17 PM
    OP, if you are considering the iPhone, why not consider the 9850/60 instead of the 9900? Hard keyboard versus soft keyboard? But again, if you're considering the iPhone... Just wondering.
    09-12-11 12:09 PM
    honestly if your main concern is a good free GPS look to android. If nothing else they have that aspect nailed with google navigation; a great free voice navigation service coupled with google maps. Its great. Although I love my blackberry and just bought a 9900 which I cant wait for..
    09-12-11 01:53 PM
    Listen to your nagging wife.
    09-12-11 02:27 PM
    haha. She is a GREAT wife, and only wants the best for me.
    Okay, after this morning, I realized, the feature I like most in a phone is the email, gps I only use once every few months at most when I hit the big city. And my web browsing has been cut dramatically, as I drive trains for a living, and when we ware stopped, I would surf, but times have changed, and we are not allowed to use any "electronic devices" at all. So surfing has been cut big time. I listen to a few songs once in a while too.
    99.9 % leaning towards the Bold !!!!
    Last edited by chrispmoto; 09-12-11 at 04:18 PM.
    09-12-11 04:16 PM
    dooooooooo it!
    09-12-11 07:05 PM
    I promise you after having the 9900 for mere minutes you will never look back! I bought the 9900 last week and my eyes still light up every time i see it its been amazing! The browser has been VERY good! The GPS has helped me find my way on numerous occasions! Be sure to download BlackBerry Traffic as well.

I am using a Mac for Desktop Manager with my 9900 and have had no problems. Syncing with iTunes and what not. It's a good companion.
    It is really good to know that you are syncing it with your MAC...that was another concern for me!!
    09-12-11 10:45 PM
    Narrowed it down to two. Bold 9900, or Iphone 5. My wife has been nagging me to go IPhone.
    We do have a Mac desktop, which I love.
    I email lots, play music, need a good GPS, and surf the web a bit.
    Dont play games, dont BBM much at all, and find there seems to be enough apps for the BB for me.
    Just a little concerned about the browser, the weaker camera, and having a good GPS.
    Is the Bold gonna do the trick?
    Pretty simple. Do you consider you phone a plaything or is it primarily used as a communications device? I would think that the new keyboard on the 9900 would be pretty hard to turn down for any serious emailers, texters, BBMers etc. The browser is said the be really good -as good as the iPhone. Obviously screen size is not as big as iPhone. So ask yourself: "what do I mainly do with my phone?" if the answer is "communicate" then there is only one phone to go with.

There are also enough apps of use that you really need, like Blackberry Travel.
    09-13-11 11:30 AM
    I have an Iphone on Verizon and i am going back to Blackberry. Its a nice phone and delicate, but its no blackberry. I miss the keyboard on the Blackberry and many things it will do, also have a bold 9700 on Tmoble that i really like just my 2 cents worth.
    09-13-11 12:10 PM
    The 14 day return policy could be your best friend. Try them out, stick with the one that works for you. We can't decide that for you.
    Too bad that doesn't really exsist for Canadians,

you get 15 minutes of talk time, use more than that and the return is void, some company's give you 30min, but you can't really gage a phones performance with only 15min of talk time IMO,

as for the OP:

IF a Good GPS is what you want, Android is actually the way you should go, Look at Samsungs Galaxy line of phones, Googles Free Turn by Turn navigation is the best onboard phone navigation available if that is something important to you, then the Samsung is the way to go.

I am a Bold 9900 owner, and am very happy with the device, I have yet to have a limitation with the Camera except for taking pictures of Business cards, everything else it has been stellar .
    The Browser I find excellent, though sometimes I wish it would load the mobile site over the regular sites for speed.

Music PlayBack the Bold has a far better speaker phone than the iPhone4, and I truly suspect the iPhone 5 will not improve on speakerphone experience since it would require better speakers or different materials and rumors state the materials will again be all glass.

my Big question is, how much does the wife nag?
    for me if it was between being nagged and not being nagged and there is no technology feature I am married to, then I would take the non nagging product.
    09-13-11 12:33 PM
    I have decided !!!!! BLACKBERRY BOLD IT IS !!!!!!! Just have to research memory cards, and off to the store I go. Of course, the local Telus store doesnt have any memeory cards........
    Any suggestions other than Sandisk. Cant get them in my town either.
    09-14-11 02:01 PM
    I have decided !!!!! BLACKBERRY BOLD IT IS !!!!!!! Just have to research memory cards, and off to the store I go. Of course, the local Telus store doesnt have any memeory cards........
    I've been using Duracell for over a year, on 3 different phones and have been happy
    09-14-11 03:26 PM
    Dude, never buy a micro sd card anywhere but from online.

09-14-11 03:27 PM
    Dude, never buy a micro sd card anywhere but from online.

Why?

I never buy them online, when I need one, I need one NOW
    chrispmoto likes this.
    09-14-11 03:31 PM
    Well I guess it doesn't really matter, but they're way cheaper online.

09-14-11 03:40 PM
    Nah. Went downtown to a store that sells cameras and stuff, and bought the memory card locally. Then went a block away and bought my new Bold !!!!!!
    Now the fun begins!
    Thanks all, you talked me out of the IPhone !!
    09-14-11 07:45 PM
    Narrowed it down to two. Bold 9900, or Iphone 5.
    Is the Bold gonna do the trick?
    With all the phone hacking stories you hear today with Scarlett and Mila, decided to Google the phones they owned...both owned iPhones. Both were hacked and some unfortunate photos were leaked.

Just sayin....

Good luck with your decision.
    09-15-11 05:18 PM
    With all the phone hacking stories you hear today with Scarlett and Mila, decided to Google the phones they owned...both owned iPhones. Both were hacked and some unfortunate photos were leaked.

Just sayin....

Good luck with your decision.
    Unfortunate? I don't think so...
    09-15-11 05:53 PM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    loving my Bold 9900!! ...
    09-16-11 09:48 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD