Hi all,

First time post...GREAT forum you have here!

I have an unlocked Blackberry Curve on the Rogers network in Canada. I am planning a trip to Europe this summer and I was to be able to receive emails while I'm gone.

If I use another carrier while I'm there can I still receive my email? Would I have to register on their BIS service?

It's my understanding that your email is pushed to your PIN not your phone number so I am hoping that I can use a non-Rogers carrier and Rogers BIS will still find me.

Thanks!
    06-11-08 09:12 AM
    Your understanding is correct. No matter the sim card installed, as long as you have a data connection, you will get your email. Also, coverage is pretty much impecable most places. What countries are you visiting? Enjoy!
    06-11-08 09:16 AM
    Do double check into the international rates for data. Nothing spoils a trip like coming home to find a bill for $600 waiting for you, for just one week abroad.
    06-11-08 03:22 PM
    yeah when i travel i just use prepaid sims because you have to sign a contract to get data
    thats when wifi comes in handy
    06-11-08 08:06 PM
    Can you still send and receive data without a SIM in your phone?
    06-11-08 08:28 PM
    Can you still send and receive data without a SIM in your phone?
    maybe thru wifi???
    how can you get data w/o a sim that has a data plan (bis or bes) attached to it?
    06-11-08 08:31 PM
    Thanks guys...one more question...If I have unlimited email from Rogers...will I be charged extra for data roaming?
    06-11-08 10:05 PM
    yes you probably will be charged roaming for everything unless you change the sim
    06-11-08 10:08 PM
    That was my original question....if I put in say...an O2 sim...will I still get my email through the Rogers BIS and if I have an unlimited email plan with Rogers will I still be charged data roaming?
    06-11-08 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD