Not on a BlackBerry, but could happen to any of us and hey, he's our fearless leader so gotta check it out.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...t-plastic.html

Direct YouTube link:

bungaboy likes this.
    11-16-12 09:08 PM
    LOL those newbies!
    11-16-12 09:18 PM
    Probably a deep seated addiction from riding on car seats made from plastic on those hot Winnipeg summer days....WE LOVE PLASTIC....
    11-17-12 12:53 AM
    lol I never used any kind of electronic device without peeling every piece of plastic and markers.
    Naked is beautiful.
    11-17-12 02:22 AM
    That's brilliant!
    11-17-12 02:28 AM
    Turn some dang lights on you long haired hippie!

simu31 and axllebeer like this.
    11-17-12 08:00 AM
    I wonder why they ship them almost shrink wrapped like that?

Well, in all honesty, for every BlackBerry device I've owned I've kept the original plastic screen cover that it came with on until the "peeling at the corners" stage before replacing it with a real screen cover. LoL. They don't keep well, but they are seamlessly applied at the factory with no air bubbles. I like that. I always have at least one teeny tiny pin air bubble when I apply them myself.

LoL. pin p-r-i-c-k was auto-edited out.
    11-17-12 09:34 AM
    Whatever you're problem is Crackberry is the place to be, This in depth video only reaffirms what we all already know, thanks very much Kev, awesome
    11-17-12 09:44 AM
    Well, in all honesty, for every BlackBerry device I've owned I've kept the original plastic screen cover that it came with on until the "peeling at the corners" stage before replacing it with a real screen cover. LoL. They don't keep well, but they are seamlessly applied at the factory with no air bubbles. I like that. I always have at least one teeny tiny pin air bubble when I apply them myself.
    I do that as well and those air bubbles are a pain to get rid of lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-17-12 09:46 AM
    I wonder why they ship them almost shrink wrapped like that?

LoL. pin p-r-i-c-k was auto-edited out.
    I have always done the same with my devices. In fact, I don't remember having this issue with my 9930. Kind of strange that a Windows Phone did. This ever happen to anyone else?
    Last edited by axllebeer; 11-18-12 at 08:55 AM.
    11-17-12 10:06 AM
    That "plastic" Nokia started to use about a year ago to protect their phones is not like your usual shipping screen protector which most companies use. It is more like a thick hardshell, which is slightly darkended and protects the whole phone - not just the screen. I think this protection most likely caused problems with the proximity sensor, even a few actual screen protectors can cause this trouble. The sensor gets triggered by a combination of the protector and light, imagine it like a mirror, and turns of the screen when the phone requests this.
    11-18-12 03:35 AM
    Sensors, thou are such heartless bitches.
    11-18-12 06:58 PM