I am making some big changes in career and despite been a B user for the last 5 years and getting more than any of my colleagues out of my 9780, I am seriously looking and switching platforms. Has anyone on here had Android phone/tablet combo or iphone/ipad combo and who uses playbook/BB? Is it worth waiting for the playbook 2 or look at switching to another platform in the next week or two?
    Advice welcome. thanks in advance.
    09-23-11 08:11 AM
    The combo pack gives the BB/PB a big advantage as you safe on the costs for connecting your PB to the internet. However, you will not be able to stream video on this mode so you need to determine if that is more important than the 30 dollar fee or so.

If you already have the Bold 9930 and are still thinking about switching, I hate to say it but you probably should. I got mine and each day I type on it I love it more. They would have to pay me quite a bit of money to get me to switch.

The nice thing about the PB is you won't get screwed, like iPad1 owners, when the next one comes out. The first iPad did not have cameras but they did have the slot for them. Yes, sales were great but at the buyers expense. The OTA's are easy and BB has done a good job at it. Despite everything you hear, I have a PB and my wife and I love it.

BB also announces BB Movies and the android player. I would at least hold off on a tablet switch until that is revealed. Think about it: all the content of android on a more stable and secure device. Kinda cool.

BB Playbook has better speakers and cameras than the iPad and is easier to carry as it is more portable. If RIM gets the android content I think you win big.

I'm simply not interested in apple products because of the Microsoft like behavior they have consistently displayed and if I can get the extensive content of android and the better hardware of RIM I think I'm already in the right place.

BTW, if you don't have a Bold 9930, check it out. You could be giving up the best device in the world today. Honestly, the keyboard is amazing.
    09-23-11 10:33 AM
    What are the needs you are looking for? Without that it seems pretty useless to recommend anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 11:07 AM
    After trying out several different tablets on various platforms, I actually decided to go with a netbook. To me, tablets just seem like glorified app, internet, and media launchers. I can do the same things on my phone. So, my current combo for my mobile needs are the HTC Sensation and Acer Aspire One netbook. It's not that I'm anti-blackberry. If I needed a business phone (which I don't at this time) I'd get an OS7 device. But right now my needs as a consumer fall more in line with Android devices.
    09-23-11 11:13 AM
    What Microsoft behavior does Apple copy? Hmm upgrade an OS 40 bucks not 400. An office suite 99 dollars not 400. BSOD whats that? I could go on but what's the use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 11:25 AM
    The combo pack gives the BB/PB a big advantage as you safe on the costs for connecting your PB to the internet. However, you will not be able to stream video on this mode so you need to determine if that is more important than the 30 dollar fee or so.

If you already have the Bold 9930 and are still thinking about switching, I hate to say it but you probably should. I got mine and each day I type on it I love it more. They would have to pay me quite a bit of money to get me to switch.

The nice thing about the PB is you won't get screwed, like iPad1 owners, when the next one comes out. The first iPad did not have cameras but they did have the slot for them. Yes, sales were great but at the buyers expense. The OTA's are easy and BB has done a good job at it. Despite everything you hear, I have a PB and my wife and I love it.

BB also announces BB Movies and the android player. I would at least hold off on a tablet switch until that is revealed. Think about it: all the content of android on a more stable and secure device. Kinda cool.

BB Playbook has better speakers and cameras than the iPad and is easier to carry as it is more portable. If RIM gets the android content I think you win big.

I'm simply not interested in apple products because of the Microsoft like behavior they have consistently displayed and if I can get the extensive content of android and the better hardware of RIM I think I'm already in the right place.

BTW, if you don't have a Bold 9930, check it out. You could be giving up the best device in the world today. Honestly, the keyboard is amazing.
    Pretty ballsy to say you won't get screwed with the PB....you've been screwed since it came out. I see a lot of "ifs" in your post. So you can carry a PB easier. Can you VPN into your enterprise or use Citrix Receiver to use your Enterprise apps? Man at least ask the OP what his career choice is. I am a Systems Analyst and my iPhone/iPad let me do my job remotely. BB not so much. So please before you tell the OP whats best for them at least ask them what they need.
    09-23-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD