so my 9700 is on it's last leg ( i mean really last), luv the phone but i can see it's time for a new one. I went to ATT today to get a new bb, but to my suprise they had only the 9810, which i'm not too interested in. Can you believe every other carrier out there has atleast has the 9900 except AT&T. I don't think my phone will hold out till they release the 9900, so what am I supposed to do, buy and iphone maybe, or go to another carrier. I can't believe RIM is letting ATT get away with this. Just ranting.
    10-13-11 07:10 PM
    so my 9700 is on it's last leg ( i mean really last), luv the phone but i can see it's time for a new one. I went to ATT today to get a new bb, but to my suprise they had only the 9810, which i'm not too interested in. Can you believe every other carrier out there has atleast has the 9900 except AT&T. I don't think my phone will hold out till they release the 9900, so what am I supposed to do, buy and iphone maybe, or go to another carrier. I can't believe RIM is letting ATT get away with this. Just ranting.
    Personally I know how one can get attached to a particular carrier but if truly you are in that bad of shape with your current BB, Try Verizon because you will love the 9930 being the same as the 9900, VZW is a rock solid carrier as long as I have been with them and could not be happier with them and my new 9930. I am quite certain you will be just as happy. Good luck if you make the switch.
    10-13-11 07:18 PM
    well im not on the last leg of my 9800 but i certainly dont want the 9810...but i do wish ATT had released the 9900...i feel that its too late now; assuming BBX devices release "EARLY" 2012....to me early should be Jan to mid-March at the latest!
    10-14-11 01:31 AM
    As I recall, at&t is supposed to be releasing the 9900 sometime in November. Or if you're really desperate, you can try to find someone in Canadia who you trust enough to buy one for you from Rogers and ship it to you here. Then you can unlock it and run it on any GSM network. You may need to get a new SIM to take advantage of HSPA+, but at&t usually provides that for free.

edit: I've also got a near-new Curve 9300 sitting perfectly idle that I'd let go for cheap + shipping if you need something to hold you over. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 10-14-11 at 02:02 AM.
    10-14-11 01:57 AM
    Or you can buy one off ebay. That's what I did and its worked awesome with att. Except no VVM for now..

And fiddy what do you mean "you might need a new sim card for HSPA+"?? I have a super old sim card from cingular but my 9900 says "h+" in the top corner and it seems fast (although I used to have a 2g phone before this)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 03:30 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    ATT should be coming out with the Bold 9900 very shortly! ... end of this month ...
    10-14-11 06:32 AM
    Or you can buy one off ebay. That's what I did and its worked awesome with att. Except no VVM for now..

And fiddy what do you mean "you might need a new sim card for HSPA+"?? I have a super old sim card from cingular but my 9900 says "h+" in the top corner and it seems fast (although I used to have a 2g phone before this)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's what the boobs at the at&t store told me when I got the 9810. I'd been told before the SIM has nothing to do with what kind of signal the phone receives, but I'm no expert on this stuff, so that's why I said 'might'. Good to know the SIM is immaterial.
    10-14-11 07:32 AM
    OP -- you might also check out the current Amazon-Verizon deal that's posted on CB's Blog page. You can evidently get a 9930 for $.01, and there are some comments under the blog story from and about other AT&T folks making the switch to get the penny pricing (I'd just be careful of the details if I were looking into doing so). Switching to VZW would also allow you to bridge a PlayBook to your new Bold without upcharges like the ones AT&T has in place (although I've read there are downloadable workarounds for that).
    10-14-11 12:16 PM
    just switch to Verizon. You dont owe At&t anything. Why beg them to take your money when another carrier will?

Yeah you might lose rollover minutes, but do you really use them? and BBs dont use much data anyway, so if you're grandfathered into an unlimited plan it you wont be losing much.
    10-14-11 04:59 PM
    just switch to Verizon. You dont owe At&t anything. Why beg them to take your money when another carrier will?

Yeah you might lose rollover minutes, but do you really use them? and BBs dont use much data anyway, so if you're grandfathered into an unlimited plan it you wont be losing much.

OP -- you might also check out the current Amazon-Verizon deal that's posted on CB's Blog page. You can evidently get a 9930 for $.01, and there are some comments under the blog story from and about other AT&T folks making the switch to get the penny pricing (I'd just be careful of the details if I were looking into doing so). Switching to VZW would also allow you to bridge a PlayBook to your new Bold without upcharges like the ones AT&T has in place (although I've read there are downloadable workarounds for that).

I sure did

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ig-red-660058/
    10-14-11 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD