I thought it was done since they were fined. But I just got this text.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:08 AM
    Says I am at 75% of 5gb limit and in areas of high data usage my speed may drop!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:13 AM
    I have an unlimited plan.

Sorry doing this from my phone not used to this. I usually do it from my computer. Tried to attach a snap shot from my phone but couldn't attach it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:14 AM
    I have an unlimited plan.

Sorry doing this from my phone not used to this. I usually do it from my computer. Tried to attach a snap shot from my phone but couldn't attach it.

Posted via CB10
    You may have permissions turned off for CB. I turn them on when I need to post a picture and, if I remember, off when I'm done.
    Did you save a screen shot?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    07-02-15 11:49 AM
    If you have a 5gb limit then you don't have unlimited data. But perhaps a call to them would be more effective. If you do have truly unlimited then it seems they sent you this text in error and it needs to be fixed. A lot of times they slow down the download speeds which is wrong of course to prevent overages and the flood of people who be pissed if they weren't warned.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:54 AM
    If you have a 5gb limit then you don't have unlimited data. But perhaps a call to them would be more effective. If you do have truly unlimited then it seems they sent you this text in error and it needs to be fixed. A lot of times they slow down the download speeds which is wrong of course to prevent overages and the flood of people who be pissed if they weren't warned.

Posted via CB10
    When AT&T began their tiered plans back about 5 years ago, they allowed those on the existing unlimited plans to keep it when upgrading as long as you extended with another 2 year contract.

The catch was the throttling they decided to do once you reached a certain point.

At first, it was vague as to when the slowdown kicked in. Later they said that if you reached 5 gigs within your billing cycle, they'll slow you down. Get close, and you get a warning text.

Yes, it's not truly "unlimited" anymore, but at least we don't get billed for it.

Of course, it's bull. Using that much data has no actual effect at the time it's being used. Data used at the end of the month is different than data used at the beginning of the month. The "accumulated" data is only a thing for accounting purposes.

The FCC did fine AT&T. But AT&T is fighting it so it's under appeal. In the meantime, AT&T is going about it all as "business as usual".

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:55 PM
    I don't understand the need for unlimited data, except for those without WiFi access which is more widely available.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 10:00 AM
    ATT may have gotten fined but they still don't have to stop their practices of throttling. I get throttled every flipping month. Some of us work in government where wifi is not allowed.

I also have only EVER seen TWO text messages from ATT about my "limit" and I go over 5 GB EVERY DAMN MONTH.

That being said did you happen to get a text message yesterday that your pay date will be earlier starting in June? I received that text message in JULY. Apparently my pay date is a week earlier now but the billing cycle is still the same dates.

And just to be clear I have unlimited data and have had it since my plan was initiated way back when.
    07-03-15 10:40 AM
    Here's the snap shot. It works now funny it didn't when I originally tried to post it. I did have the shared file tab "on"???
    AT&T Throttling-img_20150701_161751.png

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 05:13 PM
    I don't understand the need for unlimited data, except for those without WiFi access which is more widely available.

Posted via CB10
    I've been slammed by a few for posting this before. I left Verizon unlimited data plan for the Passport on AT&T and have literally saved hundreds since September!

When I was on Verizon I never bothered with WiFi, but when deciding on the Passport (best BlackBerry ever... had to have it) I realized that I have WiFi at home, at work, anywhere traveling in hotels, and went for it. I'm actually thankful that BlackBerry only had a GSM Passport or I'd still have myself strapped down on Verizon buying Verizon branded phones outright for a ridiculous price just to keep the old plan for peace of mind. Think they still want $499 for a Z30.

I guarantee that *most* that are holding on to an unlimited data plan really do not need it. My AT&T bill is significantly cheaper and I can always add a gig or whatever for ten bucks if needed. The Passport has been the best device I've ever owned to the point that I also purchased a red one on sale and my mom ended up wanting one. My sister and I got her the AT&T version for Mother's Day.

Anyway, think I'm going way off topic here. My mom is actually on an unlimited data plan as well from AT&T and is easily overpaying. She barely uses 1-2GB/month yet she won't give the plan up. I did tell her that AT&T does throttle their unlimited customers after 5GB and that she barely uses 2GB a month max. She'd rather pay more for the peace of mind rather than just checking the data monitor already on the phone and saving a bunch of cash each month.

I understand it though... did the same on Verizon with the Storm that brought me to them to my Androids to my Z10 then Z30 then out for the Passport. So glad to have all shopblackberry unlocked devices now!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 08:10 PM