How can I reasonablely get the unlock code for my 8300????
    03-27-08 11:50 AM
    If you are not a customer of AT&T, they will not give you a unlock code. Also, you can generally purchase a unlock code on ebay for around $25. It usually takes 24-48 hrs to get it.
    03-27-08 11:55 AM
    I went to GSM PhoneSource yesterday afternoon and had the unlock code for my 8310 Curve by this morning. Worked like a charm.

Sorry, I can't post URLs yet but look around, you'll find 'em.
    03-27-08 12:31 PM
    Yeah, AT&T won't give you the unlock code unless you're an AT&T customer.

Mmmm, yeah I've heard of people buying them.. I haven't done it but it's an option.
    03-27-08 12:35 PM
    There's a new way to not only unlock your blackberry, but ANY GSM PHONE.. it's called "Alpha X-SIM2 unlock SIM Adapter Card,"

It's just a simple adapter that goes into your phone with your sim card (that you must cut slightly in the top centre), and it works immediately. This adapter is sold for $35, this way your warranty for your phone will not be voided.
    More information at "Please review the following http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/ "
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 03-27-08 at 03:16 PM.
    03-27-08 02:57 PM
    03-27-08 03:41 PM
    $20 for a rogers unlock...DONE!
    03-27-08 03:57 PM
    Are you a AT&T customer?
    Do you pay your bill in full every month?
    Have you been with AT&T for more than 3 months?

If you say "yes" to the above question....

Call AT&T and tell them you want the unlock code for my BlackBerry and that you are going out of country, tell them a date that you are leaving or tell them what month you are leaving, and I want to use my BlackBerry while I'm in (pick a country...just don't pick some stupid country like North Korea). I was think about using AT&T international roaming, but it just cost too much.

If AT&T can provide the unlock code for my phone, I can buy a sim card while in (the country you pick), and it cost much cheaper.
    03-27-08 04:07 PM
    Hmmm, I called T-Mobile the day after I got my Curve. They immediately sent me my unlock code.

I have been a good customer for a long time.

I'm so glad I have T-Mo.
    03-27-08 07:18 PM
    Question: What is the advantage of having an unlocked phone?

I see everyone wanting to unlock their phones...why?
    I've had my Cingular/AT&T account for about 3 years now and just bought this Blackberry Curve 8310, as an upgrade, from AT&T. If i unlock this phone will I be able to do more with it? I would like to be able to send and recieve email without having to buy the Blackberry service from AT&T. Will it enable me to use different services or install more applications? Whats the advantage?
    03-27-08 07:51 PM
    Question: What is the advantage of having an unlocked phone?

I see everyone wanting to unlock their phones...why?
    I've had my Cingular/AT&T account for about 3 years now and just bought this Blackberry Curve 8310, as an upgrade, from AT&T. If i unlock this phone will I be able to do more with it? I would like to be able to send and recieve email without having to buy the Blackberry service from AT&T. Will it enable me to use different services or install more applications? Whats the advantage?
    No No and No.

Allows you to use your phone with other GSM carriers.
    03-27-08 09:31 PM
    I sent t-mobile an email yesterday and got my unlock code today!
    I'm getting ready for my big vacation in may and it will be great to make calls just by switching the sim card.
    Wooohoooo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 10:12 PM
    You may want to call RIM to get a "Release of Authorization" and then AT&T will provide it.
    03-27-08 11:04 PM
    EricV you don't want to unlock your BB unless you have to. It will make it more desirable to steel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD