Was visiting several AT&T store in the Los Angeles area today. It looks like they're readying a new campaign for the Torch 9810; see photo below. I was at three stores. The photo is from the largest store, and it's front and center when you walk in. I went to a store that's about 1/3 the size (all "official" AT&T-owned stores) and it too had this display. It looks like they haven't put the phone in the case yet nor turned on the flat-screen, but I'd imagine it'll be nice once it's up and running.

My theory is this: With Spring/VZ/AT&T all having iPhones, and the iPhone 4S campaign having happened a couple weeks ago, AT&T is working hard to show a value proposition to its customers. The 9810 is really a cool phone, and doesn't look like anything else currently out there. It's more "showy" when opened, and in my opinion much less boring than any old Android slab. With the proliferation of rectangular glass phones, Android phones don't have the same novelty as they did two or three years ago. The fact that T-Mobile will have the 9810 soon means that AT&T has just a small window to show that they've got a great phone at a superb value ($49.99). In the store in the below photo, I saw one customer getting rung up for this phone, and the lady at the counter said they only had one gray phone left. This should mean good things for the Torch!

On another note, was at a Best Buy in the SF Bay Area this weekend, and saw the Playbook displayed near the front/center of the store. In the phones area, the Torch had two displays which made it stand out from the other phones. Generally, all the phones were lined up side-by-side (the iPhone/iPad had its own case). But the Torch 9810 again had its own pedestal, so it had about 2-3 times the real estate of other phones due to it being placed on a raised, separated platform, with the BlackBerry logo up top. Around the corner was another separated display, with both a gray and a white Torch. Note: Best Buy was giving the Torch away free w/AT&T contract, but the promotion is welcomed.

I am a big fan of the Torch, and am glad to see AT&T, Best Buy, and soon T-Mobile pushing this device!

AZ87, Mecca EL and Jake Storm like this.
    11-02-11 12:44 AM
    There has been one of those at one of the local AT&T stores where I live since the original 9800. It's nothing more than stores catching up to the merch catalog I think.
    11-02-11 12:58 AM
    Was visiting several AT&T store in the Los Angeles area today. It looks like they're readying a new campaign for the Torch 9810; see photo below. I was at three stores. The photo is from the largest store, and it's front and center when you walk in. I went to a store that's about 1/3 the size (all "official" AT&T-owned stores) and it too had this display. It looks like they haven't put the phone in the case yet nor turned on the flat-screen, but I'd imagine it'll be nice once it's up and running.

My theory is this: With Spring/VZ/AT&T all having iPhones, and the iPhone 4S campaign having happened a couple weeks ago, AT&T is working hard to show a value proposition to its customers. The 9810 is really a cool phone, and doesn't look like anything else currently out there. It's more "showy" when opened, and in my opinion much less boring than any old Android slab. With the proliferation of rectangular glass phones, Android phones don't have the same novelty as they did two or three years ago. The fact that T-Mobile will have the 9810 soon means that AT&T has just a small window to show that they've got a great phone at a superb value ($49.99). In the store in the below photo, I saw one customer getting rung up for this phone, and the lady at the counter said they only had one gray phone left. This should mean good things for the Torch!

On another note, was at a Best Buy in the SF Bay Area this weekend, and saw the Playbook displayed near the front/center of the store. In the phones area, the Torch had two displays which made it stand out from the other phones. Generally, all the phones were lined up side-by-side (the iPhone/iPad had its own case). But the Torch 9810 again had its own pedestal, so it had about 2-3 times the real estate of other phones due to it being placed on a raised, separated platform, with the BlackBerry logo up top. Around the corner was another separated display, with both a gray and a white Torch. Note: Best Buy was giving the Torch away free w/AT&T contract, but the promotion is welcomed.

I am a big fan of the Torch, and am glad to see AT&T, Best Buy, and soon T-Mobile pushing this device!

Click to view quoted image
    Thanks for the post and original view on things. I agree with the unique style of the phone. I've been thinking of trying the 99xx for the physical keyboard but recently though why not have the bigger screen too.
    11-02-11 01:43 AM
    9810 is also awesome
    the differences are all under the hood compared to the 9800
    same like the ip4 n 4s
    11-02-11 08:36 AM
    The 9810 is really a cool phone, and doesn't look like anything else currently out there.
    It looks just like the 9800. Like saying there is nothing like the iphone 4s out there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 09:09 AM
    It looks just like the 9800. Like saying there is nothing like the iphone 4s out there

I meant vs. the iPhone and all the one-piece/landscape slider Androids.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-02-11 12:57 PM
    AT&T just had a 30-second 4G BlackBerry Torch ad during the LSU-Alabama game (broadcasted here in California). Nice.
    JR A likes this.
    11-05-11 09:13 PM
    AT&T just had a 30-second 4G BlackBerry Torch ad during the LSU-Alabama game (broadcasted here in California). Nice.
    Saw that too. Geaux Tigers!!!

11-05-11 09:22 PM
    +1. Very nice. I was really surprised to see it.
    11-05-11 09:51 PM
    Maybe RIM has woken up and started the advertising of the new phones!

11-06-11 05:47 AM

Of course it does. That's not what he meant.
    11-06-11 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD