Hello ladies and gents, I was wondering if there was anyway to turn off the t mobile/ rogers intro. I just bought the BB8900, i luv the phone but i find that part a little annoying.

Thanks
    E
    07-08-09 10:31 AM
    I presume you mean the graphic startup screen. That is hard coded into the BlackBerry, but you will only ever see it briefly when restarting.

07-08-09 11:51 AM
    You can only remove it by debranding the BlackBerry, and that will most definately cost you the warranty .. But as Reed mentioned, it only appears for a few brief seconds and won't appear anywhere else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 11:55 AM
    wut

What do you see if you unbrand ur phone or get it unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 01:04 PM
    You see whatever you want/put in there, or the BlackBerry logo. You cannot debrand the 8900 or anything newer than the Bold
    07-08-09 01:09 PM
    You cannot debrand the 8900 or anything newer than the Bold
    The branding file is not hard-coded. The command to send a branding file (send VSM) to most blackberry devices is disabled in all production os builds. In factory os builds, the command was enabled, as was the unlock command (clear MEP). This was the technical basis for the unlocking and debranding hacks - Load a factory build for your device and send the appropriate config files using the enabled commands. If you had access to a factory build, you could load it with the standard desktop apploader and send the commands to unlock and brand/rebrand/debrand your device. No special software was required other than a factory build (Although this was typically accomplished using RIM-internal factory tools).

In newer devices, as Sith has indicated, these and other commands are better locked down using cryptographic authentication techniques, which effectly closes the hole even when running a factory os build.

And this is a good thing!

sR
    Last edited by ScienceRules; 07-15-09 at 05:29 AM.
    07-15-09 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD