I've read several distressing posts about the lackluster handling of the Z10 in many AT&T outlets, so I wanted to post about my experiences with T-Mobile reps here in Denver.

As a small business customer, I've been doing my utmost to get my hands on a Z10 asap. I have spoken with two different reps at my local retail location and they simply could not stop raving about how awesome the Z10 is. Just a short while ago, I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a rep who was beyond stoked with the device. We talked about peek and flow, the hub, and his biggest "wow!" comments centered on the keyboard. He and I concurred about our love of the physical keyboard and general loathing of touchscreen/virtual keyboards...but he simply could not stop talking about how incredible the Z10's keyboard is.

I am eager to see how well-marketed the devices are in T-Mo's retail outlets, and I will post back once I see how it's handled. But judging from the initial reactions of the reps I've spoken with, the Z10 should be a prominent player in their space.
    03-23-13 05:29 PM
    If what I've heard is true then T-Mobile has been running Z10 training for about a week+ while AT&T is still sort of kind of training now . . .
    JPSKILLZ likes this.
    03-23-13 05:42 PM
    The T-Mobile store here seems to be excited about the Z10, too. I went in to change SIMs from my 9700 to the LE and they all huddled around to get a better look at it. The manager is already set on swapping out his current phone for one.

Posted via CB10
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-23-13 07:19 PM
    I've read several distressing posts about the lackluster handling of the Z10 in many AT&T outlets, so I wanted to post about my experiences with T-Mobile reps here in Denver.

As a small business customer, I've been doing my utmost to get my hands on a Z10 asap. I have spoken with two different reps at my local retail location and they simply could not stop raving about how awesome the Z10 is. Just a short while ago, I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a rep who was beyond stoked with the device. We talked about peek and flow, the hub, and his biggest "wow!" comments centered on the keyboard. He and I concurred about our love of the physical keyboard and general loathing of touchscreen/virtual keyboards...but he simply could not stop talking about how incredible the Z10's keyboard is.

I am eager to see how well-marketed the devices are in T-Mo's retail outlets, and I will post back once I see how it's handled. But judging from the initial reactions of the reps I've spoken with, the Z10 should be a prominent player in their space.
    do you have a small business plan with t-mobile? because if you have a small business and can provide an EIN their plans are killer, plus they're selling the z10 to those accounts already.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    03-23-13 08:19 PM
    Wierd, just posted in another thread about my Tmobile store not knowing crap about the Z10, but was more enthused about the HTC ONE....that got pushed back to the end of April....

Crazy how different stores are in each state. Would think they would know, being it is displayed all over the website. Guy was even a Manager, lol!
    03-23-13 09:42 PM
    Hello,

I'm afraid I can't report as positive an experience. I went to a local T mobile store asking about plans and they didn't seem to be aware of the release date. The rep pulled a Z10 out of a drawer and handed it to me (first time I actually held one), but it wasn't charged.

But at least they heard of it and didn't try to talk me out of it.

KAM
    03-23-13 10:18 PM
    Every T-Mo rep I spoke with on the retail level had been to training and they were VERY excited. The general CSRs often didn't know the release date or any details about the device. I figured the front-line sales folks were the better barometer.

And @katiepea, yes I have a small biz plan with an EIN...which is why I've been pushing every way I can to get the thing in my hands pronto. And I agree, their rate plans are awesome for folks like me.
    03-24-13 01:52 AM
    Wierd, just posted in another thread about my Tmobile store not knowing crap about the Z10, but was more enthused about the HTC ONE....that got pushed back to the end of April....

Crazy how different stores are in each state. Would think they would know, being it is displayed all over the website. Guy was even a Manager, lol!
    Half the store in GA doesn't know JACK about the Z10 here
    03-25-13 12:32 PM
    Half the store in GA doesn't know JACK about the Z10 here
    Same with att stores they don't seem excited at all, these guys are idiots, I would be milking this phone. It's the most interesting thing berry has produced in 5 years and they say nothing.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:02 PM
    This morning I spoke with my TMO store in Maryland about the Z10 and the rep was extremely helpful.
    She didn't know the exact date or price but said sometime later this week.
    She advised me of the new no contract plan if you will and said she would see if she could get me what they call an early plan migration which cost $50 dollars, when I said my plan is up in Nov' she said if I see her when I came in, she'd see what she could do to get the migration fee waived.
    She also said with the new structure you'd end up paying less upfront for the phone because you can pay anywhere from 5-$20 a month for the cost of the phone till it's paid off.

She said she is also waiting on the "new Blackberry 10" and every time she sees the UPS delivery guy come in she hopes its the new Blackberry.
    03-25-13 02:10 PM
    I thought the date was "tomorrow" i.e. Tuesday the 26th. No?
    03-25-13 03:00 PM
    Yes its supposed to be tomorrow, I think people are finding it strange that the in store salespeople are not aware.
    I've personally learned more about it being available from TMO here on CB and @Blackberry twitter feed. When you go to TMO site it just says coming soon.
    03-25-13 03:12 PM
    T-mobile is likely to not really do much with the z10, i mean sales may be fine, but their real golden egg is announcing that they're finally getting the iphone tomorrow. that's right, on the z10 launch date t-mobile is also announcing they are getting the iphone.
    03-25-13 05:05 PM
    I just read on Gizmodo (good thing or bad? Lol) that T-Mobile is also going to be offering the iphone 5 for the first time tomorrow.

I hope that doesn't deter from the Z10 launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:00 PM
    Lol...and that is a coincidence, or...Tin foil hat time?

I guess the "glass half full" angle should be fair comparison of both and see which people prefer...if they would report those figures.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:39 PM
    For what it's worth...

I came SOOOO CLOSE to getting my Z10 tonight. I went by my favorite T-Mo spot and luckily the girl who has been the most helpful to me through the years was there. She knew exactly what I was there for. And the two associates working with her were like "We just got those in! They're so cool!" So we chatted a bit while I paid off my EIP balance for my SGS3. She didn't have a bad word to say about the Z10, but I could tell she wasn't really sold on the device (she's a Note 2 user). But she said I'll really like it. She showed me the 3 cases they had available, but I didn't really like any of them (one was a holster, one was a black nondescript case, and one was one of those that had a soft inside and hard shell outside, but it was pink. no thank you). Then she went to ring up the Z10. It was coming up as $0. So she called another location...and found out that they weren't allowed to sell them yet. She felt so bad for getting my hopes up that she said when I come back tomorrow, she'll be there, and she'll throw in one of those cases for free.

So close!!! *shakes tiny fist toward the heavens*

ETA: If T-Mo is indeed offering the iPhone 5 tomorrow, it might be part of their huge push for customers. So tomorrow, their uncarrier plans roll out, LTE goes live, they get a new LTE mobile hotspot, the Z10, and the iPhone 5. Not too shabby, magenta!
    03-25-13 06:55 PM